Greg Cossell - "I don't love Joe Alt's tape"

Interesting. Haven't really heard much negative takes on Alt and a lot have him as the best OL in the draft.

Not a fan at all of Alt. Mentions he's more passive/finesse LT and doesn't have a lot of strength or power. Doesn't fire his hands.

HUGE fan of Fuaga, says he's best one of the bunch in this draft. And a fan of Fautanu as well.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

Interesting. Haven't really heard much negative takes on Alt and a lot have him as the best OL in the draft.

Not a fan at all of Alt. Mentions he's more passive/finesse LT and doesn't have a lot of strength or power. Doesn't fire his hands.

HUGE fan of Fuaga, says he's best one of the bunch in this draft. And a fan of Fautanu as well.

To be fair, that was what many “experts” said about D’Brick….finesse and blah, blah blah. He turned out ok.😁

• Post of the Week 1

23 minutes ago, section314 said:

To be fair, that was what many “experts” said about D’Brick….finesse and blah, blah blah. He turned out ok.😁

Brick was an adequate run blocker, nothing special, just decent.  But i think the gap between all these OL is smaller than portrayed and the jets should look to trade back and get value for the 10 spot. 

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

Brick was an adequate run blocker, nothing special, just decent.  But i think the gap between all these OL is smaller than portrayed and the jets should look to trade back and get value for the 10 spot. 

Totally agree. I think after the combine that the pecking order will change in the OT’s. I hope we could trade back to 17-23 ish, get back into the 2 nd, and solve two spots right at the start.

11 hours ago, section314 said:

Totally agree. I think after the combine that the pecking order will change in the OT’s. I hope we could trade back to 17-23 ish, get back into the 2 nd, and solve two spots right at the start.

That may require 2 trades and not one huge one.  A trade back into the teens and another to get to the late teens.  They need more picks to get wrs.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

That may require 2 trades and not one huge one.  A trade back into the teens and another to get to the late teens.  They need more picks to get wrs.

Was reading an interview yesterday with Daniel Jeremiah.Said he thinks Jets go OT in 1st, and that they go WR in 3rd, saying he likes the projected 3rdWR’s way better than 3rd OT’s. Has twice mocked Fuuga to us. I don’t think he lasts to 10😩

22 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

As you said the gap isn’t massive and we really need to solidify OL in free agency or we’re toast if we are depending on rookies to protect Rodgers Day 1.

Trade down if we can and you can probably get a LT and a RT who would be your starters 2025 and beyond.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, section314 said:

Was reading an interview yesterday with Daniel Jeremiah.Said he thinks Jets go OT in 1st, and that they go WR in 3rd, saying he likes the projected 3rdWR’s way better than 3rd OT’s. Has twice mocked Fuuga to us. I don’t think he lasts to 10😩

I think whether it’s the penn st guy, the washington guy or fuaga, there will be a quality tackle at 10 if they want one.  For all we know alt may fall when it all shakes out anyway.  I also think they can trade back a few spots and get one, and also get another day 2 pick and that’s the best use of the draft capital.  That way they can go wr in round 2 and still have that 3rd rounder as well as 2 4ths. 

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

As you said the gap isn’t massive and we really need to solidify OL in free agency or we’re toast if we are depending on rookies to protect Rodgers Day 1.

Trade down if we can and you can probably get a LT and a RT who would be your starters 2025 and beyond.

I can see a scenario where they trade back a few spots, take a tackle in round 1, go wr in round 2 and then go dl in round 3.  

12 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

I think whether it’s the penn st guy, the washington guy or fuaga, there will be a quality tackle at 10 if they want one.  For all we know alt may fall when it all shakes out anyway.  I also think they can trade back a few spots and get one, and also get another day 2 pick and that’s the best use of the draft capital.  That way they can go wr in round 2 and still have that 3rd rounder as well as 2 4ths. 

Yup. On board here.😎

36 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

IF THEY WANT ONE???

Actually, it wouldn't surprise me. Forgot for a sec who we are dealing with.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

I can see a scenario where they trade back a few spots, take a tackle in round 1, go wr in round 2 and then go dl in round 3.  

I would hope we grab a LT and a RT with the first two picks if we trade down and WR in Round 3.

For what we need on the IDL I think we can and will fill in free agency. Add some fat bot depth to the IDL in rounds 4+

9 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

I would hope we grab a LT and a RT with the first two picks if we trade down and WR in Round 3.

For what we need on the IDL I think we can and will fill in free agency. Add some fat bot depth to the IDL in rounds 4+

I agree with you but if the jets wind up with picks in rounds 1, 2 and 3, i would be surprised if they used all of them on offense.  Then again, woody just went on record as saying they need offense, and douglas is woody’s shill, so hopefully he would execute this directive.  

I would think if they went offense in the first 3 rounds, they would wait till round 3 for the wr and go OL in the 2nd and overkill the line.  I can see them falling in love with Fautana b/c of his versatility and they’d have him and avt to shuffle around.  

• Upvote 1