JD Critics Feeling Any Better Now ???

17 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I have been more pro-JD than a critic but his inability to upgrade the WR corps while Aaron Rodgers is here has been a real thorn in my side. It's becoming more and more agitating as he continues pass or fail on potential upgrades. Our #2 WR is still Allen Lazard today. I really hope he fixes that.

Eh.  That is an understandable complaint, but I don't get the "while Aaron Rodgers is here" part.  Lazard and Cobb were both added at Rodgers request.  They both absolutely blew with Wilson.  Presumably Rodgers was okay with Hardman too.  Douglas drafted Wilson which is nice but he missed on Mims and Moore who both appear to have been failures of fit and the interview process. 

We have been out on some high priced low trade comp deals, but are still in on OBJ (another supposedly on Rodgers list) and Mike Williams.  They seem to know that they need at least another starter and the Lazard on the block stories seem to have been placed for a reason.  I think more receiver help will become available as camp starts.  I think it will have to be more than Corey Davis too, though I imagine he is also still in play.

5 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Joe Douglas says “he always picks up the phone” yet they were clearly so locked in on ZW the 9ers didn’t even bother making an offer.

That was such a talent rich draft with Sewell, Chase, Micah Parsons, DeVonta Smith, etc.

They could  have traded back, gotten one of those studs AND set themselves up with additional future 1st rounders.

It’s not just your average “miss” but a monumental lost opportunity.

Zach Wilson was never anything close to slam dunk.

Once Trevor Lawrence went off the board, you can’t go ZW there.

The other aspect of swinging and missing there is the amount of fully guaranteed $

Theres still going to be a significant amount of dead cap now in year 4 while ZW is either out of the league or warming the bench for another team…

could have should have...go apply to woody..you always have the answers after the fact..

On 3/17/2024 at 11:19 PM, BP said:

Where’s @kevinc855 ? Still want to fight jd? Or now it’s time to pinch his tiny nipples and wink at him?

I’m here. Be rooting for the Jets as I always do. If they win I’m a fan if they lose….welll I will lose my sh*t again 

I'm old enough to remember when JD was a genius for last offseason and the year before!

2023 - "JD haters, take that!  Lazard, Rodgers, Cook, Hardman, Woods, Turner, Jefferson!!!  He's a genius!!!!"

2022 - "JD haters, take that! Tomlison, Uzomah, Conklin, Whitehead, Martin, Coleman, Thomas, Flacco.  He's a genius!!!!"

///checks notes, confirms, yep, Jets still sucked.