JJ McCarthy

12 hours ago, JustInFudge said:

I dont blame JJ for the offense he ran in college.  It obviously worked.  They lost 1 game during his reign as a starter and just won an undefeated Nat'y.  The issue I have is we just drafted a "toolsy" twink to play QB in the NFL and maybe JJ is a lot tougher and more mentally prepared for the league but the film shows the same crap you'd have to break at the next level.   All about off script out of the pocket school yard ball.  Zero ability to read the D and manipulate the pocket.  Nothing but lazers, not touch, struggles w/ accuracy to the sidelines.   JJ leaves more clean pockets then both Darnold and Wilson did in college. That would scare the ever living sh*t out of me but luckily we dont have to worry about it, it's another team headache. 

Dr Evil Laser GIF

• Haha 1

Caleb =  Sam Darnold at least early, will feel he has to make all the plays like he did in USC.

Daniels = Fields

Maye = Josh Allen

McCarthy = Zach Wilson

Penix = A better version of Geno Smith but is as good as prime geno right now.

Nix = A worse version of Baker Mayfield.

3 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Caleb has amazing quickness and mobility.  He will probably rush for a thousand yards possibly as a rookie.  He should sit first year or two in the league or he will be Justin Fields 2.0

He doesn't work within a system, shows no inclination to get the ball out on time and I'm almost certain he's going to bust for those reasons 

school yard ball only gets ya so far

it's ludicrous this player is considered 1.1 lock but there's no overestimating how dumb NFL teams are when it comes to QBs

On 3/29/2024 at 3:37 PM, bitonti said:

He doesn't work within a system, shows no inclination to get the ball out on time and I'm almost certain he's going to bust for those reasons 

school yard ball only gets ya so far

it's ludicrous this player is considered 1.1 lock but there's no overestimating how dumb NFL teams are when it comes to QBs

There is something to Caleb’s talent.  He is a way better qb prospect than Fields ever was and it isn’t even close. Problem is he needs to sit at first just like Mahomes did for a year

Not a Caleb hater but I can see the bears botching him and apparently so he can he

On 3/28/2024 at 5:18 PM, Beerfish said:

Caleb =  Sam Darnold at least early, will feel he has to make all the plays like he did in USC.

Daniels = Fields

Maye = Josh Allen

McCarthy = Zach Wilson

Penix = A better version of Geno Smith but is as good as prime geno right now.

Nix = A worse version of Baker Mayfield.

So both the Patriots and Bills will have a Josh Allen?  Ugh!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

So both the Patriots and Bills will have a Josh Allen?  Ugh!

Well josh allen has not won anything yet and explodes in the playoffs at times so no big deal if he is as good as allen.