JJ McCarthy

1 hour ago, Dunnie said:

Lazy ... JJ would be a fantastic 2nd Rnd pick.

I love Penix in early round 2 too.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

There’s a better chance McCarthy goes second overall than second round.

• Upvote 1

This is how kids get over drafted and over hyped. When the season ended he was a second round pick maybe, then through the media and clips of him in shorts he all of a sudden rumored to be a top 10 pick?? He jumped that far without playing a game it’s just crazy to me. Maybe this throw is just too earily similiar to ZW (he even looks like him) that I am having flashbacks 

• Upvote 1

There’s a better chance McCarthy goes second overall than second round.
Absolutely... But in the 2nd round he'd be a good pick. Id way prefer Penix... But I have them both in the 2nd round.

• Upvote 1

I remember some years back watching a few FL St. games and being thoroughly unimpressed with their QB Christian Ponder.  Come draft time I was shocked to see him picked in the 1st Rd.  I think Minnesota actually traded up to draft him and I thought to myself "well none of the guys who work there like their jobs".
McCarthy might be a slight notch higher than Ponder was.  It's really insane how teams who have no QB over rate so many who play that position in college.
It is crazy... It's like big program magic dust clouds their vision in some cases.

• Upvote 1

I am just joking around about his dimples. Not saying he can't play. 
Totally ... These yearbook photos are almost always awkward and weird looking ... Yet ... Often used as some sort of weird gauge to judge the ability of the player ... It's really an incredibly peculiar way to assess talent.

10 hours ago, DepressedJetsFan23 said:

This is how kids get over drafted and over hyped. When the season ended he was a second round pick maybe, then through the media and clips of him in shorts he all of a sudden rumored to be a top 10 pick?? He jumped that far without playing a game it’s just crazy to me. Maybe this throw is just too earily similiar to ZW (he even looks like him) that I am having flashbacks 

I think NFL scouts have had him as a 1st rounder for a while.  If you have some quality offensive minds and someone with experience developing QBs, I think he could be a good pick.  For a team like us though?  No way.

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Lazy ... JJ would be a fantastic 2nd Rnd pick.

I love Penix in early round 2 too.

As a strictly pocket passer - I agree with you.

However, when pressured he loses any sense of mechanics - like setting hips and feet for throws.

He's 24 years old and my biggest concern is his ability to adapt when athleticism is required.

• Upvote 1