JD on list of GMs that DeCosta loves/hates to work with

30 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

It was an awful trade.  Even if you think Rodgers has something left, it was still a very SOJ trade. 

ALL happened BEFORE the trade:

1) Rodgers said he would ONLY play for the Jets

2) GB stated they were getting rid of him and at that point had NO choice to get rid of him (do to the cap)

3) There was no other team interested.  At that point every team had their starting QB in house.

This should have been nothing more than a 3rd and I'm being generous.  The sad reality is Joe Douglas decided it was more important to have Rodgers going to Broadway shows and Taylor Swift concerts as a Jet than to keep multiple premium picks.  It was disgraceful.

The only better word to use than fleecing would be embarrassment. 

Note: This is all without even taking into the account they also took the full contract off of GB's hands.

“I still have that fire and I want to play and I would like to play in New York, it’s just a matter of getting that done at this point,” he said.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Sure bud keep telling yourself that. The truth is we were lucky to get him. Even luckier that he is a great dude, team mate and player. Even more that his immune system is top notch and able to heal up so quick 

mad at giving up a pick does not equal being mad at getting rodgers  .. we had all the cards, .  he wasnt retiring and they had already made their bed.. stay away from poker tables

6 hours ago, Alka said:

Quarterbacks were moving around the league before the 23 season.  I think we could have invested in one of them.  Noone with AR's credentials, but then again, he ended up being injured, and the guy is 40 years old.  We will see what happens this year.

You didn’t name any  

Yes AR got injured. Four plays in. If JD & Saleh knew that was going to happen they wouldn’t have made the trade. 

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, bicketybam said:

“I still have that fire and I want to play and I would like to play in New York, it’s just a matter of getting that done at this point,” he said.

My guess the parameters of the trade were done at this point

5 hours ago, JetsFlyer said:

mad at giving up a pick does not equal being mad at getting rodgers  .. we had all the cards, .  he wasnt retiring and they had already made their bed.. stay away from poker tables

I would have loved to see you as GM last yr at this time and how you would have executed everything.