JD on list of GMs that DeCosta loves/hates to work with

36 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

He was TOTALLY and embarrassingly fleeced in the Aaron Rodgers deal as in taken to the cleaners.

The Elijah Moore trade was flat out terrible.

Some of his early trades were excellent but he now has a rep as a soft touch, once you make a trade as bad as the Rodgers one your rep among other gms is tarnished.

Which is how he got a pro bowl player in Reddick for a 2026 3rd round pick 🙄

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, bitonti said:

the aaron rodgers trade is going down as the worst in NY Jets history 

trading Jamal Adams (an All Pro at the time) for picks doesn't really make up for it 

and trading Sam Darnold was flat out dumb considering who they picked to play QB instead 

I never wanted AR

but I am not sure it is an L

I am sure it was Woody driven

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Dcat said:

oh and I got all tingly when he predicted this would be a great year for the Jets.   You will too unless you're a total curmudgeon.

I would like to buy into his optimism as well.  I really just hope this wasn't filmed last year.  🤐

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, sciond said:

What trade did JD take a big L on?

Maybe the AR trade...

He has clear wins in a few trades though

To me, the trade capital for AR ended up being okay with me, since we ended up not giving up a 1st round pick.  The issue was the decision to trade for AR in the first place.

I think we had other options that would have worked out better for the Jets, but, you still can't really judge the trade until this upcoming season is behind us.  If we get to a Superbowl, then the decision to get AR ends up being a good one.

• Upvote 4

25 minutes ago, sciond said:

I never wanted AR

but I am not sure it is an L

I am sure it was Woody driven

Agree the Rodgers trade was terrible.  Not because of the player but because of the cost.  A move down in the first, a second, and another likely first was an ass raping.  Remember this was before anyone knew he would accept the restructure so his contract would have destroyed the Packers and they were already desperate to dump him for non-fiscal reasons as well.  There were no other bidders.  Should have been at most a third rounder year 1 and a third rounder year two that could have escalated to a second or even a first if certain team and individual thresholds were met. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, sciond said:

What trade did JD take a big L on?

Maybe the AR trade...

He has clear wins in a few trades though

Not when you count the renegotiated contract AR took! JD could have squeezed GB while letting AR report to camp, but I think he wanted to get on with things. Fair trade I'd say if AR is what we hope he is on the football field.

Too bad we don't play GB this year!

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Not when you count the renegotiated contract AR took! JD could have squeezed GB while letting AR report to camp, but I think he wanted to get on with things. Fair trade I'd say if AR is what we hope he is on the football field.

Too bad we don't play GB this year!

it's a tough call

1 hour ago, ChewyandtheJets said:

Agree the Rodgers trade was terrible.  Not because of the player but because of the cost.  A move down in the first, a second, and another likely first was an ass raping.  Remember this was before anyone knew he would accept the restructure so his contract would have destroyed the Packers and they were already desperate to dump him for non-fiscal reasons as well.  There were no other bidders.  Should have been at most a third rounder year 1 and a third rounder year two that could have escalated to a second or even a first if certain team and individual thresholds were met. 

Easy to throw out one-sided offers on an "Internetz" board... it's another thing when the owner, fan base, media are all up your ass. AR wanted to get the deal done early, get into camp and build relationships and Woody wanted to sell sason tickets. JD has always taken a hard-line on trades.... this is the one that had too much momentum to slow walk.

4 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Hmmm

How often has Douglas really been fleeced in trades? 

His trades have mostly been very good.

His drafting and free agency less so, although I can't say whether he's much worse than average.  Right now, the things hanging over his head are the Zach and Becton selections, and the Lazard signing.  Not so ironically, the three positions (QB, OT, WR) that continue to be needs for this team either immediately or in the next 2-3 years.

• Upvote 4

the 2nd in the AR deal was stupid.  but not to give him props for darnold and adams is pure sour grapes..  his acquiring  top picks has been his strong point  .. unfortunately he needs them cause he cant draft past the top 40 to save his life

6 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

He got destroyed in the Rodgers trade.  It was an all-time fleecing.

The media got exposed it was a great trade for the team and amazing value. Only people that thought it was bad was media and a bunch of ol SOJF. 

I mean the jets could get 10 first round picks and they would write how they should have got more, this year is not good year for drafting, all the picks were bad etc whatever.

It's just tired like the comment 

• WTF? 1

1 hour ago, JetsFlyer said:

the 2nd in the AR deal was stupid.  but not to give him props for darnold and adams is pure sour grapes..  his acquiring  top picks has been his strong point  .. unfortunately he needs them cause he cant draft past the top 40 to save his life

His hot rate is a good as anyone else.if not better

4 hours ago, ChewyandtheJets said:

Geeze....lol so green bay was taking a third. I mean why didn't Joe just get the one of the best QBs to plays the game for a can or beans. I mean what a terrible trade.

Takes like this are so funny

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

He got destroyed in the Rodgers trade.  It was an all-time fleecing.

You are an all-time bad taker, so now I’m all-in in on JD being genius level fat guy.

• Haha 3

39 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

You are an all-time bad taker, so now I’m all-in in on JD being genius level fat guy.

He's been on his period about all things Jets since it was evident there would be no opportunity to spike the ball on everyone who didn't agree Zach was the next coming.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Dcat said:

maybe momentary fit of rage?  I had that yesterday.  Well maybe momentary is the wrong word. @Paradis had to calm me down.

lol you were certifiably escalated in the chat yesterday. But that’s what we’re here for - to absorb the expulsion of verbal lava that has to happen of release that platonic pressure this team creates 

7 hours ago, Alka said:

To me, the trade capital for AR ended up being okay with me, since we ended up not giving up a 1st round pick.  The issue was the decision to trade for AR in the first place.

I think we had other options that would have worked out better for the Jets, but, you still can't really judge the trade until this upcoming season is behind us.  If we get to a Superbowl, then the decision to get AR ends up being a good one.

At the time - Spring ‘23 - what other options?  

4 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

He's been on his period about all things Jets since it was evident there would be no opportunity to spike the ball on everyone who didn't agree Zach was the next coming.

In all fairness, that guy has always posted contrarian positions packaged like reserved, intellectual speak - but containing zero logic, rationale or wit whatsoever.  This isn’t new to the Zach era.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Geeze....lol so green bay was taking a third. I mean why didn't Joe just get the one of the best QBs to plays the game for a can or beans. I mean what a terrible trade.

Takes like this are so funny

there were 60 million reasons the packers would take a third..

3 hours ago, JetsFlyer said:

there were 60 million reasons the packers would take a third..

Sure bud keep telling yourself that. The truth is we were lucky to get him. Even luckier that he is a great dude, team mate and player. Even more that his immune system is top notch and able to heal up so quick 

16 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

The media got exposed it was a great trade for the team and amazing value. Only people that thought it was bad was media and a bunch of ol SOJF. 

I mean the jets could get 10 first round picks and they would write how they should have got more, this year is not good year for drafting, all the picks were bad etc whatever.

It's just tired like the comment 

It was an awful trade.  Even if you think Rodgers has something left, it was still a very SOJ trade. 

ALL happened BEFORE the trade:

1) Rodgers said he would ONLY play for the Jets

2) GB stated they were getting rid of him and at that point had NO choice to get rid of him (do to the cap)

3) There was no other team interested.  At that point every team had their starting QB in house.

This should have been nothing more than a 3rd and I'm being generous.  The sad reality is Joe Douglas decided it was more important to have Rodgers going to Broadway shows and Taylor Swift concerts as a Jet than to keep multiple premium picks.  It was disgraceful.

The only better word to use than fleecing would be embarrassment. 

Note: This is all without even taking into the account they also took the full contract off of GB's hands.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, C Mart said:

At the time - Spring ‘23 - what other options?  

Quarterbacks were moving around the league before the 23 season.  I think we could have invested in one of them.  Noone with AR's credentials, but then again, he ended up being injured, and the guy is 40 years old.  We will see what happens this year.

20 hours ago, Alka said:

So your thesis is it was a good trade because, luckily, he only played 4 plays so we gave up 2 2's instead of a 2 and 1?

We did give up a 1 too - just got a lesser one back.

6 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

So your thesis is it was a good trade because, luckily, he only played 4 plays so we gave up 2 2's instead of a 2 and 1?

We did give up a 1 too - just got a lesser one back.

My thesis is based on what was given up before he got injured.  The Jets switched one's, which I didn't agree with by the way.

I think if Rodgers didn't get injured last season, I'm still not sure we make the playoffs.  Our O line sucked and was riddled with injuries, and our wide receivers weren't up to snuff, with the exception of Wilson. And if we did make the playoffs, and had an early exit last year, then we lose out on our 1st round pick this year, which would have sucked.

But in the end, we didn't give up our first round pick this year, and Rodgers will hopefully play and be the guy we hoped for last season.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1