How would the draft have to fall for Alt to be a Jet?

19 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Not sure if it is a lock.   There has been enough murmuring going on that some people have Alt rated below other oline.

Same types of murmurs as MHJ not being the 1st Wr off the board.

It doesn't matter if 30 of 32 teams feel he is the #1 tackle if the team doing the picking is one of the two that do not think he is #1.

Yea I agree with this. I could absolutely see Nabers over MHJ or Latham/Fuaga over Alt if the team picking doesn't need a LT or values a particular set of traits. I consider MHJ to have the highest floor, and that doesn't always translate to the higher pick.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For Alt to fall that far we all need to attend penance and say our acts of contrition. Furthermore we must all join hands and dance around fires late at night thanking the spirit wind and bringing goodwill to any fellow man that crosses our paths.

Since that is not happening ... Odunze is the way.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, IndianaJet said:

Basically you would need Jesus Christ, the Incredible Hulk, or Superman to declare for the draft.

Otherwise, he'll be a Charger at pick 5.

Either the Chargers or Titans take Alt. But how can you possibly pass on MHJ or Nabers if youre Harbaugh and you just lost your best two WR's. That would be as dumb as the Titans passing on Alt if he's there. But the point of this thread was to see if there was any feasible way for Alt to slip to 10 and I reluctantly admit, I just dont see any way it happening. JD just doesnt have the draft capital to trade up and why would a team pass on a blue chip tackle or generational WR.  At 10, with Alt gone, I'd definately trade back and grab an extra pick, likely a 3rd rounder from Raiders or Broncos or Vikings who would probably move up to get a QB. All three of those teams are desperate for a QB and one or two will be left holding their nuts after the top 4 QB's go.  At that point, witht htrade back, run to the podium and take Brian Thomas Jr.  He'd be a perfect compliment to G Wilson.  then grab a tackle, Rosengarten or Armedgie, in round 3. And we'd have that extra 3rd as well.  And we all know JD likes to wheel and deal inthos early mid rounds. He could take those 2 3rd rounders and two 4th rounders and trade back into round two.     

Either the Chargers or Titans take Alt. But how can you possibly pass on MHJ or Nabers if youre Harbaugh and you just lost your best two WR's. That would be as dumb as the Titans passing on Alt if he's there. But the point of this thread was to see if there was any feasible way for Alt to slip to 10 and I disparingly admit, I just dont see any way it happening. JD just doesnt have the draft capital to trade up and why would a team pass on a blue chip tackle or generational WR.  At 10, with Alt gone, I'd definately trade back and grab an extra pick, likely a 3rd rounder from Raiders or Broncos or Vikings who would probably move up to get a QB. All three of those teams are desperate for a QB and one or two will be left holding their nuts after the top 4 QB's go.  At that point, witht htrade back, run to the podium and take Brian Thomas Jr.  He'd be a perfect compliment to G Wilson.  then grab a tackle, Rosengarten or Armedgie, in round 3. And we'd have that extra 3rd as well.  And we all know JD likes to wheel and deal inthos early mid rounds. He could take those 2 3rd rounders and two 4th rounders and trade back into round two.     
It's going to be a fascinating night ... We all have NO clue what's going to take place.... Must see TV.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1