*Rumor* Aiyuk requests trade

Green Bay basically totally reloaded their WRs room with about 6 from solid to outstanding young pass catchers in about two years becasue they tactfully drafted multi wrs.  You can fix just about any position group if you acquire picks and make it a priority by double dipping or triple dipping.

Christian Watson - 24 years old 2-334

Romeo Doubs - 24 years old 4-132

Bo Melton - 24 years old 7-229

Dontayvion Wicks - 22 years old 5-159

Jayden Reed - 23 years old 2-50

Malik Heath - 24 years old udfa

1 hour ago, DoubleDown said:

I would hope Douglas is not operating based on whether Mike Williams' feelings get hurt or not.  He is what he is, a one year rental who is injury prone and going into his age 30 season.  The Jets need a long term starting WR to pair with Wilson.

If it's for bringing in a veteran WR, I hope he is considering that.

You have that luxury of not caring if the team cohesion is upset. Again, they're not assembling a fantasy football roster for the year. These are people with personalities and personal incentives. If there's misery it spreads, and you can bet it'll affect any hopes of signing another player with incentives ever again. 

Unless they trade Mike Williams after acquiring Aiyuk it'd be a problem all year long, and could spill over into being a long-term problem with free agents at any position.

No such issues if they draft one, even in the top 10, as Williams had to know before he signed that that was a realistic possibility.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, DoubleDown said:

I would hope Douglas is not operating based on whether Mike Williams' feelings get hurt or not.  He is what he is, a one year rental who is injury prone and going into his age 30 season.  The Jets need a long term starting WR to pair with Wilson.

This is a much better argument for drafting a WR AT 10 (and possibly even trading up a few spots for one if you have to) than it is for trading for Aiyuk

1 hour ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Bills lost both Diggs and Gabe Davis.  Granted it’s a deep WR draft they probably can reload if they’re smart

I'm fine even if they get two wrs. 

My nightmare scenario is them trading up for Harrison jr and then the jets don't take Bowers, Odunze or Thomas jr. Nabers. 

11 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

This is a much better argument for drafting a WR AT 10 (and possibly even trading up a few spots for one if you have to) than it is for trading for Aiyuk

I'm assuming a trade would come with a new long term contract. He's a proven commodity and in his prime.

I would be ecstatic with a Wilson/Aiyuk tandem for the next 3+ years.