Draft timing question

I did try to google this, but no luck in my initial search and it seemed easier to just ask here. So be gentle, please.

Does the 10 minute clock to make a pick restart after a trade? 

It always seems that the first round takes longer than would be expected. If it were to go strictly by 10 minutes per pick, the Jets would be expected to be on the clock approximately 90 minutes into the first round — or around 9:30 (earlier, even, since not all teams will use the full 10 mins). But, it seems like it usually takes longer than that. Given all this, approximately what time do we expect the Jets to be making their pick if they stick at #10?

16 minutes ago, Gaffneycatch81 said:

I did try to google this, but no luck in my initial search and it seemed easier to just ask here. So be gentle, please.

It always seems that the first round takes longer than would be expected. If it were to go strictly by 10 minutes per pick, the Jets would be expected to be on the clock approximately 90 minutes into the first round — or around 9:30 (earlier, even, since not all teams will use the full 10 mins). But, it seems like it usually takes longer than that. Given all this, approximately what time do we expect the Jets to be making their pick if they stick at #10?

As far as I know the clock does not reset

5 hours ago, Lith said:

No.  Trade must be executed and new team must have their pick in before clock expires.  One ten minute clock.

Reminds me of the year someone  (Vikings?) didn't have their pick in by the time limit, might have been 15 min. then, and got quickly passed by 2 teams. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Claymation said:

Its why trades are usually done compensation wise before the Day 1 of the draft.

Yup.  Teams usually will have framework of several potential deals in place depending how the draft goes.  I assume we have a couple of options to move up and/or back based on what happens before us.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Gaffneycatch81 said:

I don’t think you’re taking into account the time in between the pics when the player walks up to the podium, puts the stupid hat on takes pictures and all that