Anyone have any idea why this might be?

1 hour ago, GreenFish said:

What about a sack vs a completion that came under pressure?

Or a sack vs a TD than came from a play where the QB was under pressure?

A pick under pressure is the only scenario where a pressure is likely more valuable than a sack.

No doubt that sacks are better than pressures.  No dispute.  The point, pressures will lead to more turnovers versus sacks.

Your original question was how many pressures equal a sack.  I don't have an answer.  

I do believe that pressures lead to mistakes, for all qbs.  Sacks will put a team behind schedule.  

You get a sack on 1st down, what happens when a team still gets a first down?  Isn't that as plausible as a qb making a completion on a pressure?  Does that not in fact turn a sack into nothing more than a stat?  

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Glad to see Glenn has finally come around on Will McDonald over JSN. 

That debate is over.

Because if you recall, I said that over time, McDonald would be a stud pass rusher who can play at an elite level.

My argument was that for the 2023 season, a "win now" campaign, JSN would have had more value.

Because Rodgers got hurt on snap 4, it's a moot point, but I think any fair and objective fan would say that a WR2 would have been more valuable than Edge5 had Rodgers stayed on the field.

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, hawk said:

No doubt that sacks are better than pressures.  No dispute.  The point, pressures will lead to more turnovers versus sacks.

Ever hear of a “Strip Sack”? Best of both worlds!!

College Football Touchdown GIF by Michigan State Football

17 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

There’s everybody else’s QB pressure stat, and then there’s the Jets QB pressure stat.

Other team’s pressure brings about victories, where as Jets’ is of no value in the W-L column .

Easy-peasy

Jets would be 1-16 without qb pressure