Those who went to the joint practice today - would you agree with this? "The Jets essentially demoralized their rivals"

8 minutes ago, JiFtheOracle said:

It was 2 drives, so he basically played the whole 1st quarter.  I dont know for certain but I gotta a good feeling, 1 more series for a 20 year vet, 4 time MVP, SB MVP, wouldnt have made even the smallest of differences, other then exposing him to injury.

Things changed after the new CBA, nobody takes the preseason serious, everyone takes the joint practices more seriously.  This isnt opinion.  It's fact.

Don’t the Chiefs do?

LOL

Any white guy who looks relatively decent catching passes out the backfield gets this comp.

Still one of Rex-Baum's biggest mistakes, cutting Woodhead to save a spot for some reserve LB or whatever their reasoning was...

https://www.draftsharks.com/shark-bites/74446/will-shipley-gets-danny-woodhead-comp

Will Shipley Gets Danny Woodhead Comp

Eagles HC Nick Sirianni sees some Danny Woodhead in rookie RB Will Shipley. Sirianni was with Woodhead with the Chargers from 2013 to 2016. Woodhead averaged 6.4 carries and 4.5 catches per game across those four seasons.

What They're Saying

“He plays big, I think," Sirianni said of Shipley. "When you look at him, he’s built. His lower body is really built. ... There’s things about him that remind me of Danny Woodhead ... The way they're kinda built remind me of each other. And some of the things that they do. I look forward to him continuing to progress. We're really excited about him."

7 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Take preseason seriously. Mahomes plays.

You're right.  Week 1 of the preseason, Mahomes was in for 8 plays and attempted 3 passes.  Which definitely got him ready for something.

And then, in week 2 of the preseason, Mahomes played....2 series.  Which absolutely prepared him for the regular season.

Why they started Ian Book last night?  idk.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

That is Mahomes' call. What Mahomes wants, Mahomes gets. For obvious reasons. 

The 3 series he's played this offseason, dwarf the 2 that Rodgers played last season and therefore, means they are doing it right!!!

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

Agree but my point is that KC's "serious" take of the preseason didn't help them in game 1 last year

Is pre-season participation & preparing for the season, just about the end result of Game 1?

Or, is it more about the end result of the entire season?

I digress.

2 minutes ago, ARodJetsFan said:

They won the Superbowl.

Fact.  And every single player in that locker room contributes their success to preseason reps,  well other than  Chris Jones who showed up Week 2.  Otherwise, to a man, all of them credit preseason reps!   Even Mecole Hardman!!!

14 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

LOL

Any white guy who looks relatively decent catching passes out the backfield gets this comp.

Still one of Rex-Baum's biggest mistakes, cutting Woodhead to save a spot for some reserve LB or whatever their reasoning was...

https://www.draftsharks.com/shark-bites/74446/will-shipley-gets-danny-woodhead-comp

Will Shipley Gets Danny Woodhead Comp

Eagles HC Nick Sirianni sees some Danny Woodhead in rookie RB Will Shipley. Sirianni was with Woodhead with the Chargers from 2013 to 2016. Woodhead averaged 6.4 carries and 4.5 catches per game across those four seasons.

What They're Saying

“He plays big, I think," Sirianni said of Shipley. "When you look at him, he’s built. His lower body is really built. ... There’s things about him that remind me of Danny Woodhead ... The way they're kinda built remind me of each other. And some of the things that they do. I look forward to him continuing to progress. We're really excited about him."

Joe McKnight.

32 minutes ago, JiFtheOracle said:

You're right.  Week 1 of the preseason, Mahomes was in for 8 plays and attempted 3 passes.  Which definitely got him ready for something.

And then, in week 2 of the preseason, Mahomes played....2 series.  Which absolutely prepared him for the regular season.

Why they started Ian Book last night?  idk.

Threw 14 passes  in week 2. Also played a full game in February. Rodgers has been off for a year. The nothing matters phenomenon I’ll never understand i guess. 

7 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

2008 Lions: 4-0 preseason, 0-16 regular season.

2017 Browns: 4-0 preseason, 0-16 regular season. 

Didn't we have one of those in the 90s & then won like 3-4 games that year?

I wish there was a way to look up information I don't know offhand. Oh well.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Somehow, this has not helped us in the regular season. I have totally expected it to be a springboard every time. image.jpeg.161271e55864668cd2181d96b2773c35.jpeg

Coincidentally the last time they went to the playoffs 

Just now, Sperm Edwards said:

Technology has a ways to go to help you out there.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Believe they went 5-0 in 92 (HOF game)  and then lost to Atlanta week 1 on a brutal Nagle fumble 

7 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Believe they went 5-0 in 92 (HOF game)  and then lost to Atlanta week 1 on a brutal Nagle fumble 

4 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Yup, I was at that game in the Georgia Dome. Best game Nagle ever had. 

I couldn't remember which year offhand, but I do remember dunking on a buddy who was a Bears fan about how great we were going to be with our new QB who's already looking like Elway.

Then the regular season arrived, they Jets'd it up as usual, and Nagle earned his name on the franchise's list of strong-armed bust QBs.

J!

1 hour ago, ARodJetsFan said:

Is pre-season participation & preparing for the season, just about the end result of Game 1?

Or, is it more about the end result of the entire season?

I digress.

You tell me when people are screaming when Rodgers gets sacked for the first time.

The Chiefs lost to the Lions at home week 1 last year. Just saying.

They won the Superbowl.

Agree but my point is that KC's "serious" take of the preseason didn't help them in game 1 last year. 

Is pre-season participation & preparing for the season, just about the end result of Game 1?

Or, is it more about the end result of the entire season?

I digress.

20 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

You tell me when people are screaming when Rodgers gets sacked for the first time.

Sorry, I digressed....but if you want to press me, I'd say (quite obviously) it's the end result of the entire season that matters, not just the end result of game 1.

49 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Threw 14 passes  in week 2. Also played a full game in February. Rodgers has been off for a year. The nothing matters phenomenon I’ll never understand i guess. 

Things matter, but definitively, preseason is not one of those things.  For example; Rodgers saying this is the toughest camp he's been in and he has over 300 more reps this offseason compared to last, IMO is waaaaaayyyyy more impactful then him playing in a stupid meaningless preseason game that does nothing for anyone other then fringe roster players.  

Again, Rodgers played last preseason.  2 series.  Went 5-8 for a TD.  Got injured 4 plays into the season.  You literally have a story on your favorite team showing you just how little preseason reps matter and yet here we are, still talking about it, like it's a thing when w/ out a shadow of a doubt and 100% certainty, IT DOES NOT MATTER.  The guy has played been a pro for 20 years.  The idea he forgot how to play and needs a quarter in a half of preseason to remember, is next level silly talk.  No offense.

• Post of the Week 1

55 minutes ago, ARodJetsFan said:

Sorry, I digressed....but if you want to press me, I'd say (quite obviously) it's the end result of the entire season that matters, not just the end result of game 1.

Ok cool. We'll talk at the end of the season about the preseason strategy 👍

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

You are correct on the week 1 loss to Atlanta.

Brought my son home from the hospital that day and was in front of the tv by 1.

the start of his heartache for 30+ years