Trade Reddick Tonight

34 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Again, I’m sure players who’ve held out suffered injured.  So do many who went through camp.  Question is, do those who don’t go through a training camp have a higher chance of injury.  I’m guessing there’s no negligible difference.  And there’s no basis for thinking that not getting hit in camp would lead to injuries the first time an opponent hits you in a real game.  
Regardless, camps gone, if he’s playing for anyone it will be without the benefit of camp

If there's no basis then former players and NFL broadcasters in the booth need to learn that, because I've sure heard a number of them over the years talk about that.

Just now, ARodJetsFan said:

This guy @jgb has an ego the size of the goodyear blimp.

He's never wrong - so he thinks. 🙄

It’s an opinion about the future and a Schrödinger's cat. We all think we are right, otherwise we wouldn’t be debating, now would we? 

• Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, jgb said:

Well you certainly delivered as promised!

Thats all you deserve.

Piss off now junior,

Off to ignore you go with the rest of the chicken-heads, where you belong.

Enjoy.

I can't read this fools drivel, any longer.

5 minutes ago, jgb said:

Ok folks — I think now that hackles are up, it’s time for another charity bet. I’m willing to bet Reddick joins the team or is traded before week 10. Any takers?

Come on gents, you seem so confident put your money down for a good cause.

3 minutes ago, ARodJetsFan said:

He 100% does this.

Unlike you who neglects his kids during the day to make terrible points on JN. 

Seriously though, it is dumb to neg people for posting on a website… by posting on that website.

42 minutes ago, JKlecko said:

If there's no basis then former players and NFL broadcasters in the booth need to learn that, because I've sure heard a number of them over the years talk about that.

And again, I want to see proof of it, not just what some assume is the case.  There are so few of these cases I’d love to know where anyone thinks they’ve got definitive proof that players are more likely to be severely injured because they missed camp

40 minutes ago, jgb said:

So notice, no takers on the bet. The wallet is always smarter than the mouth.

Or nobody jumped in to take a sucker bet.  You’re not exactly taking a high risk stance here

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Or nobody jumped in to take a sucker bet.  You’re not exactly taking a high risk stance here

I go by the positions they’ve stated. Open to alternatives. And yea, I do prefer to take bets I know I’ll win!

1 minute ago, jgb said:

I go by the positions they’ve stated. Open to alternatives. And yea, I do prefer to take bets I know I’ll win!

I think he's going to show up before he loses the year. Why would I bet against myself?

Just now, bicketybam said:

I think he's going to show up before he loses the year. Why would I bet against myself?

Give me a week to report, I think we can find a betting point here 

1 hour ago, jgb said:

“F him” immediately screams “amateur” in the negotiation world. I respect you, know you’re a lawyer, but sorry just the way I see it. I think you’ve gotten too emotionally invested in this one.

That's hysterical.  I'm too emotionally invested?  Im posting in a thread saying to trade him for anything because "WAH! WAH!" 

I am not saying **** him like I want to spite him.  I am saying it like that 3rd is a sunk cost and I dont care what he or his agent say.  We do have leverage.  He can play for us or he can sit.  I dont want to make a bullsh*t deal to  "save face"  That ship has sailed.  

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, #27TheDominator said:

That's hysterical.  I'm too emotionally invested?  Im posting in a thread saying to trade him for anything because "WAH! WAH!" 

I am not saying **** him like I want to spite him.  I am saying it like that 3rd is a sunk cost and I dont care what he or his agent say.  We do have leverage.  He can play for us or he can sit.  I dont want to make a bullsh*t deal to  "save face"  That ship has sailed.  

Ok fair enough my bad for coming in too hot and misreading your post 

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

In this hypothetical, the Mystery Team X that’s ready to give Reddick his $20 mil simply has to wait Reddick and the Jets out. If Douglas wants to sit on Reddick’s $14 mil salary slot, he can do that, or he can just give up the ghost and move Reddick for one of those fake conditional pick deals that look like a win on its face—(a sixth in 2025 that jumps to a three if Reddick signs a multi-year deal with Team X). 

Fine. I will wait Reddick and Mystery Team X out. Two can play at that game.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

No worries.  I m not rtrading him for less than we got.  Can't imagine we can get that so .    

We really need to hope - as always — for no DL injuries. Otherwise this entire leverage conversation could flip in a hurry. If I was in JD’s situation I’d work for a 1 year bandaid extension before that potentially happens. Of course, takes two to tango and I don’t know what Reddick is looking for.

1 hour ago, jgb said:

So again, he should not make a deal not because it’s the smart thing to do but because he’s rich. With defenders like you, he doesn’t need enemies.

No, your argument was "Joe will make a stupid move because he's under personal pressure" 

He's not. He's fine. 

1 minute ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Terrible bet... Everyone knows he is showing up by week 1....and he is not getting traded

Yeah and that’s why I don’t want to bet against you. I want to bet against those that are arguing to their grave that I’m wrong.

5 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

No, your argument was "Joe will make a stupid move because he's under personal pressure" 

He's not. He's fine. 

No. My argument is that Reddick has a greater degree of “leverage” than the “zero” others are espousing.

3 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

Before week 6

Maybe the bet is that Reddick either gets a new deal or is traded before playing in a game for the Jets.