Bryce Young benched 2 weeks into his second season

44 minutes ago, Be_a_Jet said:

That coach is dead man walking. They need to lose a lot more and completely deconstruct then reconstruct that roster. 

You're probably right, but I feel bad for that HC.  He had his team read to play the Jets in joint practice and preseason game even though they have far less talent than the Jets.  In some ways, he may already be a better HC than Saleh

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Wow

How not to build a team.

Have a low amount of talent.   Trade massive resources in players and practice picks for undersized QB.

Immediately throw him to the wolves.  No help on offense.  No development on the bench.

Blame 22 year old QB when he fails on worst roster in NFL.

For other examples, see Darnold, Sam.

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, chirorob said:

How not to build a team.

Have a low amount of talent.   Trade massive resources in players and practice picks for undersized QB.

Immediately throw him to the wolves.  No help on offense.  No development on the bench.

Blame 22 year old QB when he fails on worst roster in NFL.

For other examples, see Darnold, Sam.

Stroud wouldn’t be sucking like this. Diontae is a fine WR1.  Hubbard has been productive as a fill-in back and had a nice day yesterday.  And his OL really isn’t bad - he’s 14th in pocket time so far this season.

Kid just sucks.  Tepper is awful and is fully to blame for all this but this also isn’t a situation where “any QB would fail”.   They have some pieces and Young put up a historically bad performance against a so-so defense traveling from PST to EST for a 1 pm game.  

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Stroud wouldn’t be sucking like this. Diontae is a fine WR1.  Hubbard has been productive as a fill-in back and had a nice day yesterday.  And his OL really isn’t bad - he’s 14th in pocket time so far this season.

Kid just sucks.  Tepper is awful and is fully to blame for all this but this also isn’t a situation where “any QB would fail”.   They have some pieces and Young put up a historically bad performance against a so-so defense traveling from PST to EST for a 1 pm game.  

I saw a few clips where he just is blind out there.  Completely missing open WRs.  Height certainly could be a factor in that but it appears he has no functional football intelligence right now.  

• Upvote 1

Since 2020 the young QB’s seem to be struggling in a way they hadn’t for a long time. Stroud and Purdy the only real exceptions.

I think teams will go back to sitting first round QB’s for a bit and I think you’ll see size become more or a priority for prospects again. Young looks like traumatised child out there. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

9 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

Since 2020 the young QB’s seem to be struggling in a way they hadn’t for a long time. Stroud and Purdy the only real exceptions.

I think teams will go back to sitting first round QB’s for a bit and I think you’ll see size become more or a priority for prospects again. Young looks like traumatised child out there. 

So about 1 a year. Hardly seems less than in the past.

10 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

Kids are also almost all coming out early.  I don't think most are physically or emotionally ready to play with 27-30 year old men.

• Upvote 1

On 9/16/2024 at 6:58 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

I never understood the hype coming out of Bama.

I didn’t think the tape was jaw-dropping.

Factor in the height weight concerns and it was so easy to see the trade up as a massive gamble, compounded by the fact you gave up a WR1 in this experiment.

• Upvote 1

On 9/17/2024 at 12:55 AM, Irish Jet said:

Bryce Young has been sacked 68 times in his first 19 games.  
E003BB13-D24B-45CD-8D0C-15B9C568C109.thumb.jpeg.928f2774b34535b3c150f846a6f64d2b.jpeg

This might legit be the worst draft class of all-time.

If it's true Tepper overruled his front office and coaching staff on Stroud, he has nobody to blame but himself.

I remember hearing how Josh McCown (who I think was on the CAR coaching staff last year) loved Stroud.

Carolina Panthers Draft Picks by Round in 2023

• Round 1 | Pick 1 overall (from CHI)
    Bryce Young, QB, Alabama
  • Round 2 | Pick 39 overall
    Jonathan Mingo, WR, Ole Miss
  • Round 3 | Pick 80 (from PIT)
    DJ Johnson, EDGE, Oregon
  • Round 4, Pick 114 overall
    Chandler Zavala, G, NC State
  • Round 5, Pick 145 overall
    Jammie Robinson, S, Florida State