Brock Bowers Already on track to be better than Gronk

16 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Another waste of a thread along w/ the reddick thread.  Who cares about brock bowers?

The Jets are good and we cant accept that so lets waste our time in these pointless threads.

Jet fans......

Either you think Brock Bowers is the greatest tight end to ever play football or you’re a know nothing who only got up to JV football in high school

3 minutes ago, Jack Straw said:

Just stop. 

1 minute ago, JiFtheOracle said:

Nobody ever, ever, ever, ever, said Leinart or Mike Williams were generational talents at their position.  Never. Ever. never

Say the brocktologists who sound like wind up dolls every other post “ignore his lack of size and speed look at his tape from college”

Just now, JiFtheOracle said:

Nobody ever, ever, ever, ever, said Leinart or Mike Williams were generational talents at their position.  Never. Ever. never

Kyle Pitts was more generational than this guy, and we see how that’s gone. Bowers will prove to have been overdrafted, just like every other first round TE. I am not worried about this, and find your premature victory laps highly amusing. There are currently only eight TEs in the NFL HoF, and they all averaged more than 10.9 ypc and also scored TDs. Brock’s most important stat on this legendary start to his illustrious gold jacket career is simply this: targets. 

5 minutes ago, slats said:

Kyle Pitts was more generational than this guy, and we see how that’s gone. Bowers will prove to have been overdrafted, just like every other first round TE. I am not worried about this, and find your premature victory laps highly amusing. There are currently only eight TEs in the NFL HoF, and they all averaged more than 10.9 ypc and also scored TDs. Brock’s most important stat on this legendary start to his illustrious gold jacket career is simply this: targets. 

You're telling a Gator fan who hasnt missed a game since, I dont knew when, about what Kyle Pitts is/was vs. Brock Bowers and you dont watch college Football. 

lol

• Upvote 2

Bowers is the 25th most targeted player in the NFL and 2nd on the Raiders.

He’s 18/21, catching 86% of his targets. Weird to flex on this but OK.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I'm happy with Olu, especially considering Tyron is on a 1 year deal (and Moses is not young).  But I'll make a more generic argument that having a weapon of that caliber (assuming Bowers lives up to billing) at a position that not a lot of teams have a comparable at could potentially be very advantageous.  

None of it matters if your QB is in the hospital because your RT is a freaking turnstile.

You could have prime Gronk out there.

Without a healthy, protected Rodgers in the pocket, there’s nothing — the season is over.

Even looking beyond this year, neither old men Tyron nor Moses are under contract beyond this season.

2 minutes ago, Jack Straw said:

So as the second target on the Raiders, he has more targets than the leading target getter on seven NFL teams, but okay. 

1 minute ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

None of it matters if your QB is in the hospital because your RT is a freaking turnstile.

Without a healthy, protected Rodgers in the pocket, there’s nothing — the season is over.

Even looking beyond this year, neither old men Tyron nor Moses are under contract beyond this season.

Oh the hysterics 

24 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

My thread proposals:

Jets Are Awesome But Just HOW Awesome Are They

Going On Vacation: Italy or Met Life/East Rutherford HELP ME DECIDE

Woody Is The Handsomest Owner In Sports (Next To Chris)

Bald Is Beautiful (Non Pretzel Version)

Have You HAD The Nachos At MetLife

Giant Air Conditioners: Where Football Stadiums Are Going

I had another thread I was going to start about books/memoirs authored by Jets HCs from the last 25 years. I don't remember them all but off the top of my head some were along the lines of:

I Once Took a Dump in Neil O'Donnell's Helmet, and Other Tuna Tales - Bill Parcells

How to Lose Friends and Influence Nobody - Eric Mangini

I Think I Can See My Ears - Adam Gase

Secrets to Successfully Concealing and Overcoming One's Murderous Rage - Todd Bowles

Offhand I forget the ones I had for Rex + Groh + Saleh

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I had another thread I was going to start about books/memoirs authored by Jets HCs from the last 25 years. I don't remember them all but off the top of my head some were along the lines of:

I Once Took a Dump in Neil O'Donnell's Helmet, and Other Tuna Tales - Bill Parcells

How to Lose Friends and Influence Nobody - Eric Mangini

I Think I Can See My Ears - Adam Gase

Secrets to Successfully Concealing and Overcoming One's Murderous Rage - Todd Bowles

Offhand I forget the ones I had for Rex + Groh + Saleh

I smell a partnership in the making

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Agreed.  But didn't I make almost all of these points in the post you responded to?

19 hours ago, Jack Straw said:

Ofcourse he gets targets.  Minshew is a crappy check down artist who doesn’t throw downfield that’s why Davante Adams is desperate to get out of there