Has Davante Adams Played His Last Snap as a Raider?

33 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Wasn't Devante's favorite team the Raiders?  Now he wants out?  Sounds like trouble to me.

He wanted to play with his friend and college QB.  Raiders replaced Carr with Jimmy Handsome, who hung Devante out to dry, leading to shoulder separation and a cracked clavicle.

• Upvote 1

On 10/1/2024 at 1:25 PM, Sperm Edwards said:

Because it's for one year and if the Raiders are reserved to the idea that they're not seriously competing for a title this season. They don't even know which QB they want to bench more than the other. If they lose to Denver on Sunday - if this Adams drama drags out that long out there - that might further that rationale.

Truth is after this season they lose Adams for nothing anyway, and they'd be taking a day 2 pick away from a division rival. They could look at it that way.

Raiders would never trade a player of that caliber to division rival . Well it would take something ridiculous .    The one I could see is to the 49ers .   They trade for  a now player d Adams, and give up Las Vegas native B Aiyuk ( Antonio pierce guy ) who still not happy with the 49ers.  Would love to play for the Raiders.  D Adams gets to play with legitimate Super Bowl contender . B Aiyuk fits better on the Raider timetable. 

3 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

Raiders would never trade a player of that caliber to division rival . Well it would take something ridiculous .    The one I could see is to the 49ers .   They trade for  a now player d Adams, and give up Las Vegas native B Aiyuk ( Antonio pierce guy ) who still not happy with the 49ers.  Would love to play for the Raiders.  D Adams gets to play with legitimate Super Bowl contender . B Aiyuk fits better on the Raider timetable. 

Wait are you saying the Raiders aren’t legitimate Super Bowl contenders this year? GTFO you imposter!! 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/1/2024 at 1:50 PM, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

I mean he’s saying all he can control is the conversation he’s having with Kay and then the next thing he does today, his workout or whatever.

He can’t trade himself.

It doesn’t sound like he’s long for Vegas, but I’m not sure I’d want him in NY anyway.

Paying any kind of premium for a soon-to be washed WR isn’t good business.

But GM Rodgers might put his foot down while assistant GM Douglas might feel like he has no choice with GW looking like a freaking shadow out there.

Devante Adams asked for a trade before that interview .    MAXX Crosby told him to his face it’s not all about you- it the team , he stormed out of meeting . This why  A pierce tweeted a like when someone said d Adams might played his last game in Vegas.   D Adams people set that meeting up with Kay and knew the question she was going to ask.( his people made sure she asked)    He made like he was the poor victim.   He didn’t know why a pierce did that.    When he knew he asked for a trade already. When he was orchestrating the whole thing.      Trying to make like a pierce did him dirty.  A pierce only wants players that are all in, and not making business decisions for themselves.     Players are all behind a Pierce, no one crying as you either want to be all in, or find another team.   Raiders don’t need cap space .  I keep him and deactivate him for every game.   The d carr treatment.    That’s for being a dirt bag.  Unless you get what you want- just do it.

14 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Wasn't Devante's favorite team the Raiders?  Now he wants out?  Sounds like trouble to me.

He signed with the raiders to play with his old college teammate and buddy Derek Carr.  Carr has been replaced by the JAG pirate Gardner Minshew that’s why he wants out

There’s the other issue of coaching.  McDaniels was an idiot dumpster fire. Antonio Pierce and Adams also don’t seem to like each other. Also, Pierce may be an upgrade over McDaniels (anyone would be) but he’s probably a pretty green head coach/defensive coordinator still learning on the job

3 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

Brock Bowers 2 catches for 19 yards on his way to unanimous OROY

• Sympathy 1

13 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

they can have him for that price. sounds like BS tbh

I feel the same way. Maybe a 2nd but I wouldn't want to trade any of our main players. Most likely Raiders trying to drive up the price. Steelers have been aggressively pursuing WRs though so it might be true.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Drums said:

SI is saying Steelers are offering a 2nd and a "significant player" for DA

https://www.si.com/nfl/steelers/news/pittsburgh-steelers-aggressive-offer-davante-adams

SI know that Adams doesn’t want Fields throwing him the football? Pittsburgh is not a team Adams is going to. He’d refuse to negotiate with them is my guess.

He’s only negotiating with a team with a QB he likes. That leaves like 4-5 teams that have been reported