Rodgers hasnt played well narrative is silly

He was pretty bad on Sunday.  3 picks, one of which resulted in 7 points against.  Another coming with the game on the line in Rodgers' biggest spot so far as a Jet.  Plus the fact he missed Wilson on what should have been an easy TD for the lead.  Garrett toasted his defender and had an easy TD with a halfway decent throw, and Rodgers overthrew him by like 10 yards.  Still would have been 1:36 left at that point but I would have taken my chances being able to shut down Darnold in a big spot.  

Lot of ugly with that game, but the most concerning to me was easily how Rodgers played. 

Rodgers has no receivers:

Garret Wilson- total disappointment so far, yes he had 100+ yards finally week 5- on 22 targets

Lazard - a drop machine

Williams - not healthy enough for a full time snap share

Gipson - trash

Corley - trash

Conklin- JAG

And people still don’t want Davante Adams who is desperate to come here.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

16 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Only jet fans think a qb who 2 games ago could not get us in the endzone and last week threw 3 back backing picks in another loss isnt playing bad.

Hysterical.

Impossible to disagree. He had one good game out of 5. The ball was in his hands with a chance to win the game, and he threw the INT to end the game. He did not have to rush as there was plenty of time and a time out.  Rodgers can blame this or that, but as the real Jets GM and qb, he should have shown way more. He appears more interested in making offseason news rather than concentrate on football.

17 hours ago, Barkus said:

When every player is saying “we need more accountability” that is a dog whistle for saying the coaching sucks.

It is.... and thats exactly what this is about. 

Sasleh the nice guy can get just as old as the loud mouthed Rex ...when your'e losing everything gets old

16 hours ago, slimjasi said:

He had the ball in his hands in back to back weeks with a chance to win and didn’t win either gane

By his standards, that’s abject failure 

Why the Jets are where they are is layered with problems.

But this right here is a grim reality.

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

You think Rodgers is going to improve as the weather gets worse? 

And yes he is a reason. He is changing plays at the line and doing audibles into runs up the gut and the defenses are keyed onto it. 

I see this becoming an issue. Hope I’m wrong.

6 hours ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

The OL still doesn't understand the blocking scheme. With the exception of Fashanu, this is a veteran group who still don't know which direction to block. Coaching has been horrendous.

I read this off season that Monken increased the amount of zone blocking scheme for the Ravens by like 30-50%, which is also the scheme Henry used in Tenn.

Factored in to letting Simpson walk and trading Moses.

That said, I don’t think they are bad players, maybe just not being used to their full capacity/capability.

17 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Its funny today how Rodgers hasn't been playing today in the narrative when  just in NE he was the making all the throw and "vintage".

Just curious, is English a second language for you?  Do all your base belong to us?

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

Should we expect mid from Pat Mahomes?

You’re comparing a guy in his prime to a guy at the end of his career for starters. Yes I know what they make is very similar. But that’s bc Mahomes is signed long term and he’s decided to move money around.

Fact is is that Rodgers is being paid like an average nfl QB. And that’s about what he’s been. So he’s not this guy vastly underperforming right now. There’s tons of QBs being paid more than he is and doing worse.

23 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

You’re comparing a guy in his prime to a guy at the end of his career for starters. Yes I know what they make is very similar. But that’s bc Mahomes is signed long term and he’s decided to move money around.

Fact is is that Rodgers is being paid like an average nfl QB. And that’s about what he’s been. So he’s not this guy vastly underperforming right now. There’s tons of QBs being paid more than he is and doing worse.

That is complete revisionist history.  It's been two years of hearing about Rodgers the Savior, that he's still that same guy.

You don't trade, what they hoped would be, a 1st round pick, a 2nd round pick and more for a mediocre QB.

Maybe he gets better, I sure hope he does - but please let's not pretend the expectations were what we're getting.