At least Ulbrich is all business

9 minutes ago, ARodJetsFan said:

Dude you're totally out to lunch.

Let the man coach, before you start bumping your gums.

Get a f_cking grip.....really.

I'm taking receipts 😉

1) my opinion of him does not stopping from coaching

2) My opinion is based on the fact that ulbrich was hand picked by saleh, and

3) we know the odds of success when a DC becomes a rookie hc for the Jets

2 hours ago, GreenFish said:

He gives me Mike Tomlin / Mike Vrabel vibes.

We can only hope he’s as good a coach as those guys.

When was the last time Tomlin or Vrabel made a deep playoff run or won a Super Bowl ? I think they both suck. Any HC that says "we are going to unleash hell" can go fuk off to the playground with the "all gas no brakes guy". 

Add to that... The only Super Bowl that poser Tomlin won was the one that the officials stole from the Cardinals.

1 hour ago, Vader said:

wait so we are saying that not one of us would google W-L record of other coaches if we were the coach that lost the starting QB? 

It literally never even came to mind when Rodgers, Testaverde, Pennington, or Sanchez went down for me. Thats loser thinking. 

1 hour ago, Ecuadorian Jet said:

No he won't. Ulbrich was made in the same mold as Saleh. It is all fictitious bravado

Saleh was planning to be a corporate D-Bag before suddenly deciding to be a Football coach.

Ulbrich was a Linebacker and Special Teams kamikaze for 10 years. 

Stop it.

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

Saleh was widely considered the best candidate that cycle, and I'd agree, most folks at the time supported the move once it was made and a fait accompli.

For example, I very much was opposed to hiring Gase and wanted McCarthy.  I deeply believed Mike McCarthy would have had more success than Gase, and that therefore hiring Saleh wouldn't have happened/been needed.  So I did not want Saleh, nor Gase, I wanted McCarthy.

Saleh was the best hire from his class.  Were the Jets and everyone else fooled, or did the Jets/Woody ruin Saleh?

The Jets may very well likely have another shot in an older Mike McCarthy.  Do we want him?

1 hour ago, Ecuadorian Jet said:

I'm taking receipts 😉

1) my opinion of him does not stopping from coaching

2) My opinion is based on the fact that ulbrich was hand picked by saleh, and

3) we know the odds of success when a DC becomes a rookie hc for the Jets

You take those receipts.

We'll revisit this conversation on Tuesday morning.

55 minutes ago, ARodJetsFan said:

You take those receipts.

We'll revisit this conversation on Tuesday morning.

I am 100% sure that the Jets will win against Buffalo thanks to the firing of The Salehsman. What happens after that will definitely fall on Ulbrich and his capability to actual be a Head Coach. Preparing the entire team, designing and carrying out a game plan, and adjust in-game are all qualities of a Head Coach. 

4 hours ago, jetsruinedmylifeandhealth said:

I have no clue what kind of coach he will be...really none whatsoever. But my initial feelings of him are much MUCH more positive than they were of Saleh when he was hired. And who knows maybe we stumbled into "the guy" who can lead us for the next 10-15 seasons. Sometimes it's not plainly obvious...the NFL landscape has been littered with great coordinators who rise through the ranks, get the league's attention, and begin to present themselves are someone who will be the next great can't miss head coach. Of course you just don't know until he is in the building and everything is squarely on his shoulders

One things that was just so cheesy and pitiful was the 2nd rate motivational speaker shtick that Saleh performed. From "All Gas No Brakes" to various stupid training camp t-shirts he would have printed - One had 60% on it...another said "What Now" It just reeked of cheap amateur hour nonsense...especially when nothing changed in terms of the teams preparation and discipline game in game out. Nobody takes this stuff seriously anymore or cares..."Positive Vibes Only" was the latest in the cringe cliché from Saleh. Positive vibes only...Jets outcoached again...Positive Vibes Only....14 penalties...Positive Vibes only...Jets again unprepared and it's 17-0 midway through the 1st.

. Meanwhile cueball Tony Robbins is texting Joe Benigno and leaving an electronic trail of messages of his true feelings on things that could one day be used to embarrass him or the organization. 

The childishness too...the taking receipts nonsense. When Rex chimed in instead of ignoring it as he should've Saleh said "He knows where he can find me". What are you 12? Just shut up and do your job better you don't have to respond to every snipe from the media. Then we of course see the real Saleh, where he apparently was crying like a sissy

Plus we find out he was researching other teams records after they've lost their starting quarterbacks

After all of the above, I doubt he had even a morsel of respect left in the building. And to top it all off he reported to work yesterday at 20-36, year 4....gleefully enjoying his positive vibes and somehow didn't think his job was in danger. He was that oblivious. Even now with that farewell letter he actually signs off with "All Gas No Brakes"...as if he still has everyone fooled and All Gas No Brakes is some kind of rallying cry that we believe in and that did some good for the franchise

The thing with Ulbrich is that all of this seems gone for good. No pitiful slogan shirts, no head cheerleader routine...no more yukking it up and foolishly venting to media talking heads that expose you as a fraud to the players or whiney and weak to the fans. No more vibes no more players friend, no more excuses for stupidity....just work, plan, prepare, and win. 

Saleh was outscored 267 points in the 1st half - worst in all NFL

Jets had 60 more penalties than their opponents, worst margin in NFL

Much worse when you consider all teams...

I don't think Brick will allow that sloppiness as HC...those penalties sure as hell wasn't all def.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, varjet said:

Saleh was the best hire from his class.  Were the Jets and everyone else fooled, or did the Jets/Woody ruin Saleh?

The Jets may very well likely have another shot in an older Mike McCarthy.  Do we want him?

The Jets didn’t ruin Saleh, the guy just isn’t fit to run the entire operation.

The league has been, is presently, and will forever and always be littered with quality OC’s and DC’s who simply aren’t cut out to oversee the whole shebang.

And no, we don’t want Mike McCarthy.

I’ve begged for the last 3 HC searches for the Jets to get an established guy instead of throwing darts trying to land some young savant who likely turns out to be garbage. It’s even more frustrating that Harbaugh was out there for the taking this offseason and we decided to give Saleh a 5 game tryout instead.

If Ulbrich doesn’t set the team straight and make a run, then Woody needs to bite the bullet and throw $15+ million a year at Belichick. If Jets fans want to fill their pusses with sand over sh*t that happened 25 years ago, that’s on them. But we’re on borrowed time to make a run. And no one preaches discipline and accountability like BB.

5 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

..then Woody needs to bite the bullet and throw $15+ million a year at Belichick. If Jets fans want to fill their pusses with sand over sh*t that happened 25 years ago, that’s on them. But we’re on borrowed time to make a run. And no one preaches discipline and accountability like BB.

Bellichick will never take the Jets job for as long as Woody is the owner.