Aaron Rodgers essentially blames Mike Williams for INT

53 minutes ago, Biggs said:

I happened to see the pass from Josh Allen on the run where the receiver cut off his route 40 yards down the field and Allen hit him on the dead run completely off the scripted play.  Happens in almost every NFL game.  

The two situations aren’t even remotely comparable.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Biggs said:

Mike Williams was done and JD gave him a 1 year prove it deal.  He missed most of TC.  He's not 100%.  This was a patch move by JD that didn't work out.  Rodgers doesn't have to be a prick about it publicly.  

I’m with you, but I think it’s a bit more than Williams not being 100% or being washed. He clearly hasn’t clicked with Rodgers and he has no trust in him. Rodgers was/is pissed that this guy just isn’t where he’s supposed to be on big plays, which is why he keeps going to Lazard and Wilson. When he has had to turn to Williams, this is what has happened two weeks in a row.

That’s no excuse for publicly calling the guy out though — that was not cool and is not the way a team leader should handle “accountability.” I don’t have a good feeling about how Rodgers’ comments will be received in a locker room that needs to come together right now if they’re going to have any chance of salvaging this thing. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Yes Rodgers didn't actually have to move to see where Williams actually was. 

Look.  You don’t like Rodgers and choose to see everything through that prism.  Let me slow it down for you.  The Williams play was scripted and Rodgers was not improvising.  The Buffalo play was entirely improvised. The Williams play was designed to get the team in FG position near the end of the game.  The Allen play was not at the end and forced by the Jet pass rush which took any and all scripting off the board.  Totally different situations.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Gaffneycatch81 said:

I’m with you, but I think it’s a bit more than Williams not being 100% or being washed. He clearly hasn’t clicked with Rodgers and he has no trust in him. Rodgers was/is pissed that this guy just isn’t where he’s supposed to be on big plays, which is why he keeps going to Lazard and Wilson. When he has had to turn to Williams, this is what has happened two weeks in a row.

That’s no excuse for publicly calling the guy out though — that was not cool and is not the way a team leader should handle “accountability.” I don’t have a good feeling about how Rodgers’ comments will be received in a locker room that needs to come together right now if they’re going to have any chance of salvaging this thing. 

Williams has a bad injury history and may be afraid of making the kind of sudden moves and cuts that he would have pre-ACL.  He really hasn't looked comfortable and isn't playing well.  It's another prove it deal that didn't work.  Same thing with the Left Tackle.

4 minutes ago, Biggs said:

I sound angry.  You were a complete a$$hole out of the shoot.  If you want to engage just engage and we can have a nice back and forth.  If you want to charachterize me and my opinion based on whatever is in your head I will happily call you out.  

Everything i say is my opinion.  Not facts.  None of my opinions is locked in stone.  I'm happy to engage and even change my mind.  Make a cogent argument don't make up stuff that you think I mean.

I'm a little angry.  I don't mind so much that the Jets lost last night.  I love NFL football and the League has wrecked the game.  The officiating absolutely is killing the flow of the game and making it unwatchable. 

We didn't sing Adams because of Corley. We signed him because Williams isn't good enough and Corley hasn't been able to step in.  We need a real 2. 

You might want to go back and read the things you write. You say I am a complete ahole but YOUR comments are completely rational. You get back what you give out man. You are adding a lot of characterizations, context and name calling but you say you want to engage in a healthy debate. Those two things dont go together. 

Yes yeverything you say is your opinion, same stands true for everyone on a message board. You made statements so I quoted your statements, if you meant to say IMO then you should have said that. 

Fact is MW didnt run the right route. Your OPINION is that Rogers should have kept it behind closed doors. As I have said several times, I disagree and he should have been called out. If that gets under your skin so be it. 

We are all mostly angry and should be. The Jets have looked sh*tty all year, even in the wins they were too many penalties, sloppy play and bad play calling. They have looked nothing like they represented they would look and people are not on their P's and Q's. Players dont like to be called out but apparantly all the behind the scenes coddling hasnt worked.

YOU said "Corley who JD was very high on when he drafted him hasn't been a player that can get on the field.  That's why we signed Adams this morning" 

I didnt just make that sh*t up.

2 minutes ago, ausman said:

Look.  You don’t like Rodgers and choose to see everything through that prism.  Let me slow it down for you.  The Williams play was scripted and Rodgers was not improvising.  The Buffalo play was entirely improvised. The Williams play was designed to get the team in FG position near the end of the game.  The Allen play was not at the end and forced by the Jet pass rush which took any and all scripting off the board.  Totally different situations.

Thank you

1 hour ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

I don’t care 

All Saleh did was protect his players publicly and pretend every player on his team was blameless and that mindset got them nowhere 

When Rodgers has sucked he has owned it postgame, like after Denver 

MW shouldn’t be running the wrong routes in week 6

This is part of the demanding accountability thing we’ve been talking about 

You can’t have it both ways

thank you!

10 minutes ago, ausman said:

I don't like Rodgers.  It doesn't impact my feelings or opinions on how he plays the game.  I thought he played well last night.  He moved well and threw the ball well.  He was the least of our problems.  Hall and Wilson finish we win.  We get a field goal through the uprights we probably win.  The D stops the BIlls run game in the first half we win.   Rodgers kept us in the game with his play and set up two TD's that Hall and Wilson failed to complete. 

I think Hackett has been a destructive force on this team and he's been protected by Rodgers.  He should have been fired.  I do think Rodgers who is very responsible for a lot of the dysfunction of our O by protecting Hackett should be the last one to call out a team mate publicly in a nationally televised game. 

I had to listen to our new HC and play caller praise Hackett for part of their press confrences to placate Rodgers.  He should have been fired with Saleh.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Biggs said:

I don't like Rodgers.  It doesn't impact my feelings or opinions on how he plays the game.  I thought he played well last night.  He moved well and threw the ball well.  He was the least of our problems.  Hall and Wilson finish we win.  We get a field goal through the uprights we probably win.  The D stops the BIlls run game in the first half we win.   Rodgers kept us in the game with his play and set up two TD's that Hall and Wilson failed to complete. 

I think Hackett has been a destructive force on this team and he's been protected by Rodgers.  He should have been fired.  I do think Rodgers who is very responsible for a lot of the dysfunction of our O by protecting Hackett should be the last one to call out a team mate publicly in a nationally televised game. 

I had to listen to our new HC and play caller praise Hackett for part of their press confrences to placate Rodgers.  He should have been fired with Saleh.

The thing with bringing in a lightning rod like Rodgers is people  and the media will hate him even if he plays well due to his stance on Covid etc. Woody decided to bring that on. The media isn’t going to let up on Rodgers no matter how well he plays. You admitted yourself you don’t like him and it’s definitely due to off the field stuff.

• Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, ausman said:

If Williams doesn't slip it's a completion correct.  Rodgers didn't through it to the outside where he said the play was going.  He threw it to the inside where Williams was because Rodgers saw it.  The play failed because Williams couldn't locate the ball and when he did he was late and slipped.  It was not thrown to a scripted place.  Rodgers did improvise.  

Well, I do agree with you about Hackett and the harm he and Rodgers’ support of him has hurt and distorted the Jets offense.  My perspective is I just want to see crisp, efficient football and Williams not being where he’s supposed to be at a critical juncture of the game six weeks in is inexcusable.  The fact that Rodgers is an imperfect vessel for leveling criticism or assigning accountability is of no concern to me.  On this particular point, he’s right.  And these players have been so protected from public accountability that I rejoice when somebody/anybody gets called out.  There’s no excuse for millionaires stinking up the field with mental errors.  Especially when they were pulled back to protect their bodies from further injury while they were supposedly ramping up for further availability.  He should have been studying the playbook instead of admiring the cheerleaders.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Calling out a teammate publicly like Rodgers did last night is not the way to implement internal accountability. In my opinion, you have correctly pointed that out.

Complaining in the same breath about two coaches who didn’t throw a third, demoted, coach under the bus publicly doesn’t make sense. And saying that those coaches only said what they said to “placate” Rodgers is pure speculation, and also doesn’t make sense — and seems to suggest that you are fixated with trying to find things to blame on Rodgers.

Ulbrich and Downing handled the questions in their presser as they should have. Rodgers did not. There’s nothing more to it than that.

4 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

The thing with bringing in a lightning rod like Rodgers is people  and the media will hate him even if he plays well due to his stance on Covid etc. Woody decided to bring that on. The media isn’t going to let up on Rodgers no matter how well he plays. You admitted yourself you don’t like him and it’s definitely due to off the field stuff.

Of course I don't like him.  His own parents hate him.  That doesn't mean I can't enjoy him playing well for the Jets.  Once he puts on the uniform and it's game time I'm all in.  I thought Rodgers played a very good game last night.  If the other A players Wilson and Hall played as good as Aaron last night we get the W.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Gaffneycatch81 said:

Calling out a teammate publicly like Rodgers did last night is not the way to implement internal accountability. In my opinion, you have correctly pointed that out.

Complaining in the same breath about two coaches who didn’t throw a third, demoted, coach under the bus publicly doesn’t make sense. And saying that those coaches only said what they said to “placate” Rodgers is pure speculation, and also doesn’t make sense.

Ulbrich and Downing handled the questions in their presser as they should have. Rodgers did not. There’s nothing more to it than that.

“Calling out”? He said he noticed Williams running to an area so he threw it there.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Gaffneycatch81 said:

Complaining in the same breath about two coaches who didn’t throw a third, demoted, coach under the bus publicly doesn’t make sense. And saying that those coaches only said what they said to “placate” Rodgers is pure speculation, and also doesn’t make sense.

Ulbrich alluded to the fact that it was unusual for an OC to be demoted from play calling and remain with the team.  Hackett also continues with the title of OC.  That's more than a little unusual.  Yes it's my opinion that it's awkward and the reason is Rodgers.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Of course I don't like him.  His own parents hate him.  That doesn't mean I can't enjoy him playing well for the Jets.  Once he puts on the uniform and it's game time I'm all in.  I thought Rodgers played a very good game last night.  If the other A players Wilson and Hall played as good as Aaron last night we get the W.  

With football, not being a pussy goes a long way. Rodgers definitely isn’t one. Sauce, Hall, Quinnen are however and you can’t overcome that in a locker room.

Just now, Biggs said:

Ulbrich alluded to the fact that it was unusual for an OC to be demoted from play calling and remain with the team.  Hackett also continues with the title of OC.  That's more than a little unusual.  

Yeah, it’s a bit unusual. And my point stands — IF Ulbrich has a problem with Hacket still being on the staff (which is an open question), a press conference after a loss is not the place to say so. And it’s not Rodgers’ “fault” he said the right things.

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

I've been too disgusted to rewatch any plays from last night, but I will take your word for it. 

I'm not sure if I'll ever watch the highlights from that game. I haven't been that crushed after a regular season loss since the 2015 game in Buffalo or maybe the 2000 loss in Baltimore that ruined my Christmas. 

This team is taking years off of our lives. 

1 hour ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Dude I had heart palpitations this morning.

But yeah, both Dan Orlovsky and Emmanuel Acho posted 4 minute breakdowns of the play.

I was almost too disgusted to watch it/hear what AR had to say about it, but glad I did... and glad Rodgers called it out. MW obviously spaced out. He hasn't exactly been on the same page w AR. Lazard really is the only one who is, which is why Davante will help very much esp w Garrett. Sure would have been nice to have him LAST NIGHT tho. Anyways... it's worth watching. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

With football, not being a pussy goes a long way. Rodgers definitely isn’t one. Sauce, Hall, Quinnen are however and you can’t overcome that in a locker room.

Rodgers has taken a beating 3 weeks in a row.  I thought last night despite the beatings he was willing to hang in longer to get more chunk plays.  He finally looked like a tough NFL QB.  

8 minutes ago, Biggs said:

If Williams doesn't slip it's a completion correct.  Rodgers didn't through it to the outside where he said the play was going.  He threw it to the inside where Williams was because Rodgers saw it.  The play failed because Williams couldn't locate the ball and when he did he was late and slipped.  It was not thrown to a scripted place.  Rodgers did improvise.  

But because his player decided to do his own thing.  In other words, Williams forced him to improvise.  In the example you cite, once Allen was flushed, receivers intentionally abandoned their routes and tried to get open allowing Allen time to find one.  In some ways, that was better because similar situations had arisen numerous times and Allen had some recollection of how they would react.   Rodgers had and got no such consideration.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, BreeceHallofFame said:

“Calling out”? He said he noticed Williams running to an area so he threw it there.

Have you watched what he said? He said a lot more than that — he was clearly pissed and emphasized several times that Williams was not where he was supposed to be. I’m not a Rodgers hater and get why he was annoyed. I just think it was a mistake to outline the whole thing in detail in a press conference … and i think that it MIGHT not go over too well in the locker room. But that’s just speculation — I guess at some point we may know what is going in the locker room. In my opinion, teams that turn around disappointing starts need to really stick together and have each other’s backs … and I’m concerned this season (and possibly this locker room) is going sideways fast for the Jets. 

11 minutes ago, Gaffneycatch81 said:

Complaining in the same breath about two coaches who didn’t throw a third, demoted, coach under the bus publicly doesn’t make sense. And saying that those coaches only said what they said to “placate” Rodgers is pure speculation, and also doesn’t make sense — and seems to suggest that you are fixated with trying to find things to blame on Rodgers.

These are supposedly pros.  They should stick their oversized egos in their back pockets, be able to accept earned criticism and correct their errors.  I’d agree with you if this was the first and only time Williams messed up.  But it wasn’t — and even not in this game alone.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Biggs said:

If Williams runs the correct route there is no slip. Rogers was expecting him on the redline and throwing a no look pass. Out of the corner of his eye saw that the reciever ran a different route and adjusted mid throw. He had to improvise because MW was in the wrong place. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, ausman said:

These are supposedly pros.  They should stick their oversized egos in their back pockets, be able to accept earned criticism and correct their errors.  I’d agree with you if this was the first and only time Williams messed up.  But it wasn’t — and even not in this game alone.

Yeah, I can see that point of view. As I’ve said several times, I get why Rodgers was pissed. So I hope you’re right — I hope that Rodgers correctly assessed that it is time to start telling the truth publicly about who ****ed up, and the whole locker room gets a wake up call that leads them to focus, do their jobs, and be professionals. “Put their big boy pants on” and all that. I just am concerned that that isn’t how this will play out. The other possibility is that it leads to discord and back-biting in the locker room, and a bunch of guys who don’t feel like their teammates have their back. I don’t personally care one way or the other how they feel, as long as it leads to wins. But the second possibility, in my opinion, rarely leads to wins or a team turning around a disappointing start. So, that’s why I think Rodgers should have taken a different approach — but I’d be happy to be wrong.

7 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

If Williams runs the correct route there is no slip. Rogers was expecting him on the redline and throwing a no look pass. Out of the corner of his eye saw that the reciever ran a different route and adjusted mid throw. He had to improvise because MW was in the wrong place. 

that's right. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Gaffneycatch81 said:

Have you watched what he said? He said a lot more than that — he was clearly pissed and emphasized several times that Williams was not where he was supposed to be. I’m not a Rodgers hater and get why he was annoyed. I just think it was a mistake to outline the whole thing in detail in a press conference … and i think that it MIGHT not go over too well in the locker room. But that’s just speculation — I guess at some point we may know what is going in the locker room. In my opinion, teams that turn around disappointing starts need to really stick together and have each other’s backs … and I’m concerned this season (and possibly this locker room) is going sideways fast for the Jets. 

He’s a grown man

48 minutes ago, Biggs said:

I'm a little angry.  I don't mind so much that the Jets lost last night.  I love NFL football and the League has wrecked the game.  The officiating absolutely is killing the flow of the game and making it unwatchable. 

I’m really angry.  I don’t go to every game like I did for 36 years.  So I fly up for a handful of games with @Mogglez and last night was an abomination of a game.  Exactly right, no flow didn’t even slightly resemble a sporting event.  23-20 final in a game for first place and the game was boring.  

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Gaffneycatch81 said:

Rodgers was breaking the play down and pointed out where he was expecting Williams to run.  That’s all.  He didn’t sound pissed or angry, etc.  He talked penalties, mistakes and improper execution. Included himself.  He talked about how he needs to be better, that he was brought in to do more.  Williams wasn’t blasted or blamed for the loss.  If Williams has an issue with what AR8 had to say it’s his problem 

8 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Rodgers was breaking the play down and pointed out where he was expecting Williams to run.  That’s all.  He didn’t sound pissed or angry, etc.  He talked penalties, mistakes and improper execution. Included himself.  He talked about how he needs to be better, that he was brought in to do more.  Williams wasn’t blasted or blamed for the loss.  If Williams has an issue with what AR8 had to say it’s his problem 

I disagree … i thought he sounded pretty pissed when talking about that play. Mostly, I guess, because it’s so rare that a player really outlines what a teammate did wrong on the field. He ended his comment about that play by adding (again) something along the lines of “he’s got to stay on the red line,” and I thought he sounded pretty pissed. But, as I’ve said above, I’m just speculating about the reaction in the locker room to those comments, and I really hope I’m wrong. It’s likely that we’re making much more of a big deal about it here in this thread than any of the players will. And it’s possible it was exactly what needed to be said at this point. So, I didn’t love it and am concerned it may make things worse, not better … but I fully admit that that just my opinion, and I really don’t know.

Nothing at all wrong with Rodgers calling out a vet WR that has seemed to be in the wrong spot multiple times this season in his limited time.

Can't preach accountability and not hold people accountable. I'm not team baby the guy and don't "embarrass" them. No embarrass them. Maybe being embarrassed will make you change bc you didn't like the feeling. You're paid millions of dollars to catch footballs and run the right routes. I don't feel bad at all for him being called out.

37 minutes ago, Gaffneycatch81 said:

Yeah, I can see that point of view. As I’ve said several times, I get why Rodgers was pissed. So I hope you’re right — I hope that Rodgers correctly assessed that it is time to start telling the truth publicly about who ****ed up, and the whole locker room gets a wake up call that leads them to focus, do their jobs, and be professionals. “Put their big boy pants on” and all that. I just am concerned that that isn’t how this will play out. The other possibility is that it leads to discord and back-biting in the locker room, and a bunch of guys who don’t feel like their teammates have their back. I don’t personally care one way or the other how they feel, as long as it leads to wins. But the second possibility, in my opinion, rarely leads to wins or a team turning around a disappointing start. So, that’s why I think Rodgers should have taken a different approach — but I’d be happy to be wrong.

I still think Rodgers being a prick if guys mess up is an overall good for this franchise. They were in desperate need of a bad cop.

• Upvote 1