Jets | B. Smith might not give up QB too easy

Smizzy

Jets | B. Smith might not give up QB too easy

Sun, 30 Apr 2006 11:34:08 -0700

Andrea Adelson, of the Associated Press, reports New York Jets QB Brad Smith might not give up his role as quarterback too easy. Smith was one of the best running quarterbacks in college football and will likely be asked to change positions to either running back or wide receiver. Smith said, "They also said they would love to have me on the team to make plays and that's what I'm coming in to do. I'm a quarterback at heart and it's going to work out the way it's supposed to. I'm a team player." St. Louis Rams head coach Scott Linehan had a conversation with Smith and got the impression he would not give up on being a quarterback too easy. Linehan added, "Brad's heart probably is still on the quarterback side of things, which I understand being an ex-quarterback myself. You're not going to give up that dream and he's proven that he's going to probably start there

:Typotux:

I mentioned this earlier in the Brad Smith thread, but everbody ignored it...:banned:

I was projecting Smith as 7th rounder, based on the fact that his agent and advisor have told the world he wants to play QB only. So the Eric Crouch thing is possible....

His advisor Corby Jones (a former running QB at Mizzu) is supposedly begging Smith to try wide receiver...

In the mid 1990's Corby Jones resisted the move to WR and he wound up out of football real quickly. He's warned Smith not push the QB thing too far, or the same will happen to him.

I mentioned this earlier in the Brad Smith thread, but everbody ignored it...:banned:

I was projecting Smith as 7th rounder, based on the fact that his agent and advisor have told the world he wants to play QB only. So the Eric Crouch thing is possible....

His advisor Corby Jones (a former running QB at Mizzu) is supposedly begging Smith to try wide receiver...

In the mid 1990's Corby Jones resisted the move to WR and he wound up out of football real quickly. He's warned Smith not push the QB thing too far, or the same will happen to him.

R44 I saw this in the other thread- Smith's heart has to be into this change of position- it will be tough enough to try to do it

Faba, Smith has never hid his agenda -- play quarterback in the NFL....

Here's some info from Bush fan (not Reggie) Tony Pauline:

http://www.columbiatribune.com/2006/Apr/20060427Spor003.asp

"He’s not an NFL quarterback," said Tony Pauline, who publishes "TFY Draft Preview" and contributes to scout.com and SI.com. "He looked like he might have been or was heading in that direction as a sophomore. … If he remains steadfast in staying at the quarterback position, I don’t think he’s going to be in the league very long."

Bartelstein disagrees. The Chicago-based agent likens his client to another NFL player - and it’s not a wide receiver.

"I think" Denver Broncos quarterback "Jake Plummer’s a real interesting comparison," the agent said in a telephone interview Tuesday.

His agent is merely a "yes man", but former Mizzu QB Corby Jones is warning him not to fight the system, like he did.....Jones fought the move and wound up in the CFL real quickly :Nuts:

hey they probably have plans where he can throw the ball once in a while-why not draw them up?Either Westhoff(Titans championship game) or Schotty could convince him easily I would think and also tell him you'll get some reps and see what you can and WILL do.

Jets | Smith willing to play other positions

Sun, 30 Apr 2006 17:01:08 -0700

New York Jets rookie WR Brad Smith said he hopes to be able to compete at other positions, even though he played quarterback at Missouri. "I'm coming in as a team player and athlete, so wherever I need to go," said Smith. "Hopefully I get to play running back and quarterback as well as other positions. It's just being able to compete and get better at what ever I'm doing." Smith added that he sees himself as a playmaker.

Smith is a team player who will do what it takes to win.

Wouldn't Tannenbaum or Mangini have asked Smith ahead of time if it was alright with him to switch positions?

It would seem pretty stupid not to check before they drafted him and he doesnt want to be a wr or rb.

Wouldn't Tannenbaum or Mangini have asked Smith ahead of time if it was alright with him to switch positions?

It would seem pretty stupid not to check before they drafted him and he doesnt want to be a wr or rb.

I kinda said the same thing in the post right before yours! lol.

Archived