Mangold and Pociask possible Jets future

kellypkjoe

Mangold can play guard as well as center and many draftniks felt he would eventually at guard. It well may be that Katnik who is a project will end up at center and Mangold at LG. Mangold is said to a great run blocker which is a big asset at guard and it has been said the Jets are high on Katnik. Just a posibile senario.

I feel Pociak has been drafted to be a FB to back up Agnew and possible be our short yardage option like the kid the Giants have. He is noted for his blocking and could become a factor as lead blocker. At the college level where the Fb has more ball caring duties he did not fit. Also many players change position when they get into the NFL. Dressen showed some potential last year and with experience could be a decent TE and long snapper confused.gif

It would make no eartly sense to move Mangold to OG

He was the best OC in the draft, by a wide margin, an OC with all-pro potential, that's why he carried a 1st RD Grade as a Center, and those kind of OC's are very hard to find ... OG's are a dime a dozen {comparitively speaking} ... so moving Mangold to OG would be the height of folly

I hate to admit this, but Mangold is adorable. Love those long goldie locks. That sheepsish smile. Those arms....

Oh-oh, I sound like Brenda! :eek:

LOL! Kidding Bren....

I just don't know what to say....I WAS gonna respond to this thread...

It would make no eartly sense to move Mangold to OG

He was the best OC in the draft, by a wide margin, an OC with all-pro potential, that's why he carried a 1st RD Grade as a Center, and those kind of OC's are very hard to find ... OG's are a dime a dozen {comparitively speaking} ... so moving Mangold to OG would be the height of folly

GJ&H I think it would be appropriate to move Mangold to guard for half a season to relieve him of the responsibiltty of calling blocking asignments while he is working on elevating his blocking technique to the Pro Level

Archived