12th man controversey dismissed

Seahawks | Police and courts: 12th man case dismissed

Mon, 8 May 2006 15:07:04 -0700

Mike Sando, of the Tacoma News Tribune, reports the "12th Man" case between the Seattle Seahawks and Texas A&M University has been dismissed. Seahawks CEO Tod Leiweke answered a few questions during an informal press conference Monday afternoon, May 8. "Our fans won't really notice any change in what we do, but we have reached an agreement with Texas A&M and we're really happy that has happened. I think at the heart of the agreement is an acknowledgement of both organizations of the tradition that one another have. Theirs certainly dates back a lot longer. They do have more alumni than we have. But we're really pleased because in 1984 something happened here, and I think the 12th Man is more relevant in our world today than it's ever been. In certain places we will acknowledge their license and trademark. I will tell you we're planning a display to honor the No. 12 right down from the football helmet wall (at Qwest Field)."

To me this is still so laughable. Who really cares if you started "The 12th Man" thing or not. College Football and Professional Football are 2 totally different things. Who cares if they call their fans the 12th man. It makes no freakin' difference.

Hey, I was in Texas a few weeks ago and loved it. Come and live in South Florida for awhile where you need an interpreter to get around...Texans are very proud people...I could not believe how the Texas state flag is atop almost every tall building.

Real estate prices were great also...half of what I pay in South Florida.

Could we PLEASE just give Texas back to Mexico? That place is screwing up the whole country.

I watched Geronimo yesterday morning and Robert Duvall's character said something to the effect;(on finding an Indian village massacred)-"this had to have been done by Texans-just about the lowest form of white man there is"

Oh yea and don't even get me started on GWB-Oh yea that fish he claimed he cught?It was a 7 and 1/2 LB perch unfortunately the world record is 4 pounds less-friggin idiot-was actually a bass

Archived