Bollinger to either Denver / Tampa Bay (IF put on trading block)

Reading this weeks The Sporting News and these are some Jets notes:

"The Jets are overcrowded at quarterback, and Brooks Bollinger might be the odd man out. Chad Pennington, if he's healthy, and Patrick Ramsey will battle for the starting job, and second-round draft pick Kellen Clemens is considered a possible quarterback of the future. Bollinger performed gamely, if not efficiently, last year and showed marked improvment late in the season. He's a capable backup. The Jets should try to keep him, considering Pennington and Ramsey aren't locks to be on the team beyond 2006. If Bollinger hits the trade market, the Broncos and Buccaneers are potential suitors.

DL Kimo von Oelhoffen will improve the JETS' run defense and be an achor in the 3-4. At 6'4, 299, the former Steeler has the size and power to play the two-gap system. He also is extremely comfortable in the 3-4, having played it for so many years in Pittsburgh. He isn't much of a pass-rushing threat, but the Jets are hoping his quiet leadership rubs off on their younger lineman.

Jets CB Justin Miller has the speed and athletic ability to handle man-to-man coverage. But like many young corners, he needs work in zones. He still is learning where his help is supposed to come from.

I think by the time they cut Bollinger, if they do, it will be toward

the end of the preseason. The QB situation on the jets is

to uncertain at this point. So if they do cut him, most teams at this point

will have their QB situations all set. It will be a team that all of sudden

has an injury and they need someone with some experience right away.

Reading this weeks The Sporting News and these are some Jets notes:

Jets CB Justin Miller has the speed and athletic ability to handle man-to-man coverage. But like many young corners, he needs work in zones. He still is learning where his help is supposed to come from.

miller looked terrible in coverage last year - both man and zone, i'd like to think he will improve dramatically this year.

I think by the time they cut Bollinger, if they do, it will be toward

the end of the preseason. The QB situation on the jets is

to uncertain at this point. So if they do cut him, most teams at this point

will have their QB situations all set. It will be a team that all of sudden

has an injury and they need someone with some experience right away.

i agree with you here. everything is just way too uncertain and we will not see a move like this until late in the preseason, week 3 or 4. bollinger may not have nfl starting potential but he can certainly fill the void as a backup when needed. ill tell you what....he had me on my heels in the sandiego game. i thought we could've had it.

Can someone please tell me when they passed the rule allowing NFL teams to make trades with teams in the Arena Football League.

shawn, love your sig.

Reminds me of all the Jets fans in 2002, putting the same thing in their sig as if it was some monsterous feat.

Funny as hell.

The Broncos want Bolly, huh? Wouldn't it be ironic if he went there and Cutler & Plummer sat on the bench?

Not to worry though. Bolly ain't goin' nowhere. I'm confident to say - he'll be a Jet for life.

Or, are you confident that if he went to the Broncos, Cutler and Plummer would not sit on the bench? ;)

Archived