Anyone going to Jets Day in Florham Park?

TDTonyPaige

Not sure if this should be posted in the lounge or not, but I'm curious to know if anyone is going tomorrow or if it's still scheduled considering the weather. Was hoping to take my niece and nephew so they could grab some free burgers for me. :)

I just called Florham Park. They said it is definitely 4 - 6pm and it is geared towards kids. Hot dogs, kids rides...things like that. I asked if any Jet players would be in attendance. She said possibly but that they Jets were being very non-committal.

When you check the official Jets site and realize there is no mention of the event...I think that tells you all you need to know. The Jets are tough. They move to NJ and get embraced and they are low key about it. Send 3 players, they don't have to be stars. If they don't do that it is a low class move by the Jets IMO.

Hopefully the fans that show up at least get to see some players. Hell send Terry Bradway. He is on the payroll and doesn't have much else to do.

Exactly, though I do believe that SNY & News 12 NJ will be there along with the local papers.

Woody is expected to attend & I think the main reason they are keeping it quiet is because they do not want an ANTI-NJ mob to spoil Florham Park's day.

I will have pictures, I've sent one of my best photographers...

Exactly, though I do believe that SNY & News 12 NJ will be there along with the local papers.

Woody is expected to attend & I think the main reason they are keeping it quiet is because they do not want an ANTI-NJ mob to spoil Florham Park's day.

I will have pictures, I've sent one of my best photographers...

makes sense... i hope to get there..

I would like to go, being that it's only 10 minutes from home. But I have an appointment in The Bronx at 7 pm. ;)

When you are done with your manicure you should see the Yankees play.

ALL OF THE ROOKIES WERE THERE! - According to Foxjet

WOODY, CROSS & TANNENBAUM WERE THERE TOO!

AS WERE WAYNE CHREBET, DAVE SZOTT & A FEW OTHER VETS!

Burgers & Soda's were free for everyone!

Also, Woody stated that if they can break ground early & get construction begun by February 2007, they may have the inaugual training camp as early as June 2007!

The full article will be available on my site by this Sunday - I have to get all of the info & pictures from him later this week...

funny...I could have taken 4 free tickets, but I only took 2. Yessir, my wife and I have box seats all to ourselves tonight.

Thanks for the hook up. I will remember that come football season. :box:

ALL OF THE ROOKIES WERE THERE! - According to Foxjet

WOODY, CROSS & TANNENBAUM WERE THERE TOO!

AS WERE WAYNE CHREBET, DAVE SZOTT & A FEW OTHER VETS!

Burgers & Soda's were free for everyone!

Also, Woody stated that if they can break ground early & get construction begun by February 2007, they may have the inaugual training camp as early as June 2007!

The full article will be available on my site by this Sunday - I have to get all of the info & pictures from him later this week...

Good job by the Jets. Glad to see they came out to support this town. Nice move Woody.

Uh Baumer, the article won't be ready until Sunday? You should have him email you the pictures. Just a thought, lol.

So my wife took my nephew, niece, and our 11 month old son to the shindig. Good time was had by all. Wayne Chrebet was "even better looking in person". Yawn. She got his autograph and the autograph of "#9". Anyone know who that is? His actual signature was illegible.

Good job by the Jets. Glad to see they came out to support this town. Nice move Woody.

Uh Baumer, the article won't be ready until Sunday? You should have him email you the pictures. Just a thought, lol.

I'm picking them up tonight. I still have to write the article, recrop the photos & set up the pages on my site.

It's all about available time - I'm only one man...

I'm picking them up tonight. I still have to write the article, recrop the photos & set up the pages on my site.

It's all about available time - I'm only one man...

Dude I am half a man. Imagine the obstacles that are in my way of running this site!

Dude I am half a man. Imagine the obstacles that are in my way of running this site!

At least you have a staff...

I got the photos last night, I have to shrink them, set up the pages, design the pages...

I envy you...:baby:

At least you have a staff...

I got the photos last night, I have to shrink them, set up the pages, design the pages...

I envy you...:baby:

BaumerJet the staff here consists of me, Smizzy, GOB and SS- you want to hire us

My parents live in Chatham, NJ, which is about a 2 minute ride from the event, so my Dad made it over there for about an hour. He conversed with Chrebet, Leon Washington, and several other undrafted rookies. As was mentioned previously, it was meant for the kids, but they still did a nice job with the event.

Archived