Mangold was lined up at G and T for few snaps.

quietjets

I read another forum which i think has a copied and pasted article from an insider of whatever url that features New York Jets...

Mangini gave no words on what position would Mangold play at.... So didn't Mangold but he is up to whatever is the best for the team.

So it would be having Mangold and Ferguson at end and leaving vets to interior for Jets. Mangold, Kendall, Teague, Moore and Ferguson?

Nah... it is just far fetched speculation.... sorry.. but who knows.

Is that possible to have different OL line weekly?..

didnt Mangold play tackle too????

let him learn all the spots on the O-line...

Yes.... however, he practices mostly at C and OG. You know C and G are not much difference comparing with T.

he scored 35 on wonderic test so he should have a problem handling OL mentally. Physically, I hope he stays flexible and strong.

I really don't care where this kid pracrtices in a rookie camp,but i do have 1 question.With no Veterans at camp(Teague),and Katnik and Missant in Europe,who was lined up at OC when Mangold was getting familiar with the other OL positions.

I really don't care where this kid pracrtices in a rookie camp,but i do have 1 question.With no Veterans at camp(Teague),and Katnik and Missant in Europe,who was lined up at OC when Mangold was getting familiar with the other OL positions.

does it really matter ??? its the first set of practices....

does it really matter ??? its the first set of practices....

Yes,because to my knowledge,there's no other OC or player capable of playing OC on the roster.

The only 1 i can even think of is Adrian Jones,and I don't believe he was a part of this Practice.

I wouldn't worry about who was snapping.... just like I put no importance on Mangold taking some snaps at RT. The CS is seeing these rookies for the first time, and it's not surprising that they would put them out of position for some plays. I think they are just evaluating individual player skills now.... from how adaptable and smart they are, to how well they move and handle unexpected surprises. Heck, for those drills, a coach might have been snapping.

The guy should be playing Center. That's his natural position and the one he has experience playing in.

Thing with him playing center is it is more responsiblity than playing any other position. He needs to know the blitz pickups and identify the defensive formations for everyone else... It problably takes a little bit longer to learn everything at center so I don't see it as a bad thing to let him play RT or guard.

I'm sure it's just to check some of his fundamentals, see how good of a blocker he is. Also the Center is the Captian of the O-line and the best way to be a good leader is to understand every position. Mangini seems like the kinda guy that wants all his players to know the ins and outs of the entire game not just their position.

Probably some unnamed FA rookie.

The guy should be playing Center. That's his natural position and the one he has experience playing in.

If Teague beats him out at the beginning of the season, due to experience calling protection or whatever, I have no problem letting Nick get some playing time lining up right next to an experienced guy at G.

Center is the position that audibles all of the blocking responsibilities. Much like the QB position,m it is one where it may be best to wait one year before taking on those duties in the NFL. The only difference is he can get game time at a differewnt position, unlike a QB.

Archived