McNair traded contingently to Ravens

faba

UPDATED 0 MINUTES AGO Tennessee Titans quarterback Steve McNair, left, arrives with his ...

NASHVILLE, Tenn. - The Tennessee Titans ended their stalemate with quarterback Steve McNair on Wednesday and traded the former MVP to the Baltimore Ravens pending a physical.

"We have granted permission to Baltimore to give Steve McNair a physical, which we expect to take place in the next 24 hours," the team said in a statement.

"Upon passing a physical, final trade terms will be agreed upon."

McNair, who turned 33 in February, was the winningest quarterback in franchise history. In 11 seasons, he went 81-59 and led them to their only Super Bowl in 2000. He and Peyton Manning shared the league's MVP award in 2003.

McNair won a grievance last week that allowed him to return to the team's headquarters and work out after being told he couldn't on April 3. The Titans had been trying to renegotiate a cheaper salary for McNair to lower a $23.46 million salary cap hit.

I guess this means McNair won't be playing home games at LP FIELD

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/TEN/9482463

Titans sell stadium naming rights

NFL.com wire reports

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (June 6, 2006) -- The Tennessee Titans ' stadium, known as The Coliseum since 2002, will now be called LP Field.

The 10-year, $30 million naming rights deal was announced at the stadium by Titans owner Bud Adams and Rick Frost, chief executive officer for Louisiana-Pacific Corp.

"Our relationship is going to be ... a very great one," Adams said.

Adelphia Business Solutions, whose name was on the stadium since it opened in 1999, filed for bankruptcy and stopped payments on its 15-year, $30 million deal.

Louisiana Pacific, a building products company, relocated its headquarters to Nashville in 2004. The naming rights are part of the company's plan to promote itself and its brand as LP. The company and the Titans also said they will build a Habitat for Humanity house in Nashville.

I think the Ravens did a good move here. A 4th round pic isn't all that much, and Boller is far from ready to lead that team (and I doubt he ever will be). McNair won't play for the full season, he never does, but he'll be an upgrade regardless. And who knows... maybe watching McNair play for a year or two will teach Boller what it takes to win in the NFL?

Nice move by the Ravens and I am sure his connection with Mason will help. I think Boller just needs to get out of there and try somewhere else. For some reason I can see Shanahan getting a hold of him.

Denver drafted Cutler so I doubt that 4H

Ravens have nothing to lose with McNair- a 4th round pick is a long shot to make an impact

Archived