State your opinion- what Jets record in 2006 would you be satisfied with?

faba

I think 6 or 7 wins with this cast of characters would be a miracle not to mention the inexperienced coaching staff

With all the new coaches, systems and faces, anything over 6 wins will be a miracle. But I'm not measuring this year by wins. In fact, it's NEXT year I'll be watching with interest to see the improvement.

I know this doesn't belong here, but can we all stop dreaming about getting Brady Quinn, please? First, I don't think we'll have the 1st pick, and even if we do, they won't be taking Quinn after drafting Clemens this year.

With all the new coaches, systems and faces, anything over 6 wins will be a miracle. But I'm not measuring this year by wins. In fact, it's NEXT year I'll be watching with interest to see the improvement.

I know this doesn't belong here, but can we all stop dreaming about getting Brady Quinn, please? First, I don't think we'll have the 1st pick, and even if we do, they won't be taking Quinn after drafting Clemens this year.

Its not unfathomable the Jets land the top pick. Ive heard a bunch of football gurus say the Jets will definately be in the running for #1. (Mel Kiper, John Clayton (aka Gollum), Mike Fransesa, Salsbury).

What happens if Clemens starts 4-8 games this year and they don't like what they see? Jets would not pass on Quinn if thats the case.

Im saying two things are very possible.

1) Jets get 2007 #1 pick

2) Jets draft Quinn.

BEST SCENARIO: Clemens starts half a dozen games or so and looks legit. Jets land # 1 pick. Jets trade the pick to slide down a few spots. (Giants gave up 1st rounder, 3rd rounder, and 5th rounder just to switch spots from #4 to #1)......then we can draft the top RB in the draft.

I LOVE the Jets, love them. I'll still go to my 2 or 3 games this year, but I am a realist and dont live in a fantasy land.

waiting for bz to say 8-8 or 9-7 and then pick them to win every week anyway.

Wait no more!!!!

I expect and will be satisfied with a 9-7 season.

(copying and pasting from the other 10 threads like this).

If Nicky can bring the Dolphins from 4-12 to 9-7 in one year with less talent and no QB so can the Great Mangini.

BTW: Yes, every week I will pick a score for the Jets to win. I am a fan. Someday you will get there is a difference between being a fan, rooting for the best outcome and what you really believe.

BZ

I see that as usual we have a wide and diverse set of opinions-which is good

I stand by my own statement- improvement and hard play is what I want too see and the potential is there to improve our record from last year based on nothing but gut instinct

I see that as usual we have a wide and diverse set of opinions-which is good

I stand by my own statement- improvement and hard play is what I want too see and the potential is there to improve our record from last year based on nothing but gut instinct

Wait no more!!!!

I expect and will be satisfied with a 9-7 season.

(copying and pasting from the other 10 threads like this).

If Nicky can bring the Dolphins from 4-12 to 9-7 in one year with less talent and no QB so can the Great Mangini.

BTW: Yes, every week I will pick a score for the Jets to win. I am a fan. Someday you will get there is a difference between being a fan, rooting for the best outcome and what you really believe.

BZ

but saban followed at least a HC who could coach defense (wannstadt)...

mangini followed a idiot who couldnt coach a Timex store

• 6 months later...

Archived