State your opinion- what Jets record in 2006 would you be satisfied with?

faba

Rather than give a win/loss record, I'm more interested in how this team performs each and every week from the coaching down to execution of plays.

If I see the coaching staff making good decisions and the team responding in a positive note, I'll be satisfied. But, if I see this staff and players look like someone set off a Chinese fire drill, I'll not only be disappointed, but pissed.:Cuss:

I was thinking 7-9 but thats a losing record which I do not like under any circumstance.

I'd be satisfied with 8-8 right now but who knows what will happen?

We could start out 5-0 then go 3-8 the rest of the way and we will all say

"Damn it we should have been in the playoffs and had a winning record".

Rather than give a win/loss record, I'm more interested in how this team performs each and every week from the coaching down to execution of plays.

If I see the coaching staff making good decisions and the team responding in a positive note, I'll be satisfied. But, if I see this staff and players look like someone set off a Chinese fire drill, I'll not only be disappointed, but pissed.:Cuss:

just answer the damn question...enough babble....:P

i'll sick feelthepain on ya..

7-9 ..i'll be happy..

I would be satisfied with a record of 11-5. That should get us into the playoffs.

However, realistically, I will be OK if we are competitave each and every week, don't make stupid mistakes (12 men on the field, poor clock management, etc.) and win in the area of 6-7 games.

just answer the damn question...enough babble....:P

i'll sick feelthepain on ya..

7-9 ..i'll be happy..

Yeah, I apologize to the board for letting that guy get under my skin....I should know better than that. With our schedule, if we can somehow go 8-8...we can lay some good ground work for the following year...trouble with going 8-8 is...the draft pick won't be all that great.

I EXPECT A PLAYOFF BOUND SEASON(WILDCARD),IF PENNINGTON HAS THE BODYGUARD TO PROTECT HIM WITH MANGOLD UP THE MIDDLE HE

SHOULD BE ABLE TO FIND HIS RECEIVERS WHOEVER THEY ARE AND WITH MARTIN IN THE COMEBACK MODE WE SHOULD BE ABLE TO HANDLE OUR DIVISION,EVEN WITH RAMSEY AT THE HELM ALL THIS SHOULD BE A GOOD SEASON.

LETS HOPE FOR THE BEST

J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS:yahoo:

early frontrunner for '2006 biggest jets homer award'.

6 wins with 3 wins in the AFC east shows vast improvement to me considering we have a rb with one foot in the grave and our best qb is a joe gibbs cast off.

2005 4 wins, having a HC plus 3 wins, having a QB plus 3 wins.

4+3+3=10 wins

How

2005 4 wins, having a HC plus 3 wins, having a QB plus 3 wins.

4+3+3=10 wins

How’s that logic?

only problem is that it ignores who we're actually playing. what games do you think we'll take?

Sep 10 @Tennessee 1:00pm

Sep 17 New England 4:15pm

Sep 24 @Buffalo 1:00pm

Oct 1 Indianapolis 1:00pm

Oct 8 @Jacksonville 4:05pm

Oct 15 Miami 4:15pm

Oct 22 Detroit 1:00pm

Oct 29 @Cleveland 4:15pm

Week 9 BYE

Nov 12 @New England 1:00pm

Nov 19 Chicago 1:00pm

Nov 26 Houston 1:00pm

Dec 3 @Green Bay 1:00pm

Dec 10 Buffalo 1:00pm

Dec 17 @Minnesota 1:00pm

Dec 25 @Miami 8:30pm

Dec 31 Oakland 1:00pm

i'm thinking tenn, detroit, split with buffalo, green bay, oakland, and we pull out one upset in the afc east.

i think we'll lose close ones to houston, cleveland, chicago (every one of their games is close), maybe minnesota. lot to be optimistic about looking forward but if you see 10 wins on this schedule, i sure would like to know which games you think we will take,

Sep 10 @Tennessee 1:00pm Win Tenn will sent in plays via QB's

Sep 17 New England 4:15pm Lost. we like to lose home openers.

Sep 24 @Buffalo 1:00pm Win 1st round pick says it all

Oct 1 Indianapolis 1:00pm Lost, Wait till next year

Oct 8 @Jacksonville 4:05pm Lost, needed a lost to get to only 10 wins

Oct 15 Miami 4:15pm Win, have Fins # again

Oct 22 Detroit 1:00pm Win, should of drafted a WR #1, again

Oct 29 @Cleveland 4:15pm Win, Browns need more free agents

Week 9 BYE

Nov 12 @New England 1:00pm Lost. last lost to NE for the next 7 years

Nov 19 Chicago 1:00pm Win, #1 pick on more defense?

Nov 26 Houston 1:00pm Win, no Bush

Dec 3 @Green Bay 1:00pm Win, Pack is not back, fans Hawk tickets

Dec 10 Buffalo 1:00pm Win, who their QB? Loser?

Dec 17 @Minnesota 1:00pm Lost, Jets take boat ride with lesbian cheerleaders

Dec 25 @Miami 8:30pm Lost, Santa give Fins a gift

Dec 31 Oakland 1:00pm Win, in our house

Sep 10 @Tennessee 1:00pm Win Tenn will sent in plays via QB's

Sep 17 New England 4:15pm Lost. we like to lose home openers.

Sep 24 @Buffalo 1:00pm Win 1st round pick says it all

Oct 1 Indianapolis 1:00pm Lost, Wait till next year

Oct 8 @Jacksonville 4:05pm Lost, needed a lost to get to only 10 wins

Oct 15 Miami 4:15pm Win, have Fins # again

Oct 22 Detroit 1:00pm Win, should of drafted a WR #1, again

Oct 29 @Cleveland 4:15pm Win, Browns need more free agents

Week 9 BYE

Nov 12 @New England 1:00pm Lost. last lost to NE for the next 7 years

Nov 19 Chicago 1:00pm Win, #1 pick on more defense?

Nov 26 Houston 1:00pm Win, no Bush

Dec 3 @Green Bay 1:00pm Win, Pack is not back, fans Hawk tickets

Dec 10 Buffalo 1:00pm Win, who their QB? Loser?

Dec 17 @Minnesota 1:00pm Lost, Jets take boat ride with lesbian cheerleaders

Dec 25 @Miami 8:30pm Lost, Santa give Fins a gift

Dec 31 Oakland 1:00pm Win, in our house

hope you're right! :cheers:

8-8 or better.Anything worst would have to be considered a failed season,with 1 more more offseason of hoping that we have the right people leading the franchise.

I don't know about you folks,but I have had enough of the 2 years,we got the wrong guy lets blow it up and try again BS.I hope like hell Mangini is the right guy,and a season of 8-8 or better will go along way to making me fell that he is.

8-8 or better.Anything worst would have to be considered a failed season,with 1 more more offseason of hoping that we have the right people leading the franchise.

I don't know about you folks,but I have had enough of the 2 years,we got the wrong guy lets blow it up and try again BS.I hope like hell Mangini is the right guy,and a season of 8-8 or better will go along way to making me fell that he is.

glad you're not my boss, after the now-apparent and widespread decay suffered by this team under herm and bradway, i don't think mangini can fairly be judged by a predetermined number of wins. rather, i want to see a team that (a) improves week to week (B) is disciplined © handles adversity with poise. this is the only way to judge a rookie coach, remember, he's learning, too.

I go on record as saying we will be underestimated in 2006 and the Jets throughout their history have done better as the underdogs

Shooting for 9 and 7 and hoping for better

The Jets are in for some real rebuilding. Shooting for 9-7. Guy, your shooting heroin if your thinking like that. I could write a book about why the Jets won't be any good this coming year; but heres just a couple of nuggets:

The Jets have an old RB and a bad offensive line which is a disaster recipe. (Love D'Brick and Mangold, but rookie lineman dont come and and become All Pros in Year 1). How hard will it be for defenses to stack up against **** like that? If you can't run the ball, you can't win. Since we wont be able to run the ball well, we will get killed in Time of Possesion way to much and this defense (which is real solid) will be on the field way too often every week.

To add to the offensive problems, we have ZERO playmakers on O.

QB- No

RB- No

WR- No (Coles is a solid # 2. Mcarrens is a solid # 4 or 5)

TE- No

This team will NOT win more than 5 games. I just hope that they play hard and dont get blown out a lot. More importantly, I hope many of our young players play well.

If were gonna lose 11 games, might as well lose 13 and grab Brady Quinn or trade him for a boatload of picks. But thats a conversation for another time.

The Jets are in for some real rebuilding. Shooting for 9-7. Guy, your shooting heroin if your thinking like that. I could write a book about why the Jets won't be any good this coming year; but heres just a couple of nuggets:

The Jets have an old RB and a bad offensive line which is a disaster recipe. (Love D'Brick and Mangold, but rookie lineman dont come and and become All Pros in Year 1). How hard will it be for defenses to stack up against **** like that? If you can't run the ball, you can't win. Since we wont be able to run the ball well, we will get killed in Time of Possesion way to much and this defense (which is real solid) will be on the field way too often every week.

To add to the offensive problems, we have ZERO playmakers on O.

QB- No

RB- No

WR- No (Coles is a solid # 2. Mcarrens is a solid # 4 or 5)

TE- No

This team will NOT win more than 5 games. I just hope that they play hard and dont get blown out a lot. More importantly, I hope many of our young players play well.

If were gonna lose 11 games, might as well lose 13 and grab Brady Quinn or trade him for a boatload of picks. But thats a conversation for another time.

welcome aboard. i agree, but talk like that will get you lynched by the homers on this site who don't enjoy the gift of foresight ("already talking about the draft, you're not true fans!"). i hope we focus on getting young guys their reps and let cumart and penny MENTOR and wave their towels. they are not the future of this franchise and we are going nowhere this year.

Archived