Who's second best?

AFJF

JF, replace "Yankee fans" with 124.

Says the man with the Red Sox signature. You obviously care more for the Sox then the Yankees.

If you don't think beating Boston is the #1 priority for the majority of Yankee fans you are very mistaken.

I don't know how many freakin' people went ape **** in 03 with Boone and then didn't care for the World Series at all...you could tell the team didn't give 2 ****s.

Says the man with the Red Sox signature. You obviously care more for the Sox then the Yankees.

If you don't think beating Boston is the #1 priority for the majority of Yankee fans you are very mistaken.

I don't know how many freakin' people went ape **** in 03 with Boone and then didn't care for the World Series at all...you could tell the team didn't give 2 ****s.

The main priority of a true Yankee fan is winning the World Series. Period. People went nuts for the Boone thing because it was beating the arch rival. That does not make the arch rival more important than the championship.

I must say I too was somewhat guilty of that during the 03 season but I think it had more to do with the fact that the Boston series for the fans and probably many of the players was emotionally draining. One of the best seris Ive ever seen and obviously that increases when you consider that it was against a #1 rival. On the night that Aaron Boone hit that home run, I distinctly remember saying "if the Yankees win the world series now, it's anti climactic because there is no way that beating the friggin Marlins will feel anywhere near as great as winning this series does"

Now, had the Yankees not already had several rings over the previous few years I probably would have felt different, but that series against Boston, for me anyway was right up there with the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th rings I saw the Yankees win because of the opponent, and all of the drama. It honestly didn't bother me all that much when the Marlins won, but losing to the D' Backs was tough becuase it would have been a huge win after 9/11.

I still wanted the Yankees to get that ring, but I guess the way they got there made it a bit easier to take.

The main priority of a true Yankee fan is winning the World Series. Period. People went nuts for the Boone thing because it was beating the arch rival. That does not make the arch rival more important than the championship.

I agree.

I'm in the MINORITY, of people who view the ring as more important. But, the truth is that the majority care about beating Boston and that Boston doesn't win.

Only once did I view beating Boston more important and that was in 03 against the Marlins, I really didn't give 2 ****s that year, the Boston series was great. Aside from that, it's the ring.

I agree.

I'm in the MINORITY, of people who view the ring as more important. But, the truth is that the majority care about beating Boston and that Boston doesn't win.

Only once did I view beating Boston more important and that was in 03 against the Marlins, I really didn't give 2 ****s that year, the Boston series was great. Aside from that, it's the ring.

...You JUST Posted in this thread that beating Boston is #1

...You JUST Posted in this thread that beating Boston is #1

Not to me. I said to Yankee fans, the majority it is. Not once did I say that beating Boston was #1 to me, aside from 03, Game 7, ALCS.

Boston Red Sox. No other team can claim that they broke an 86 year curse. That had to be awfully hard. :)

The White Sox had gone 88 before winning the year after the Bosox,as if to kick Boston in its proverbial nuts and say "you're not special"

Or did they not count as cursed?

The White Sox had gone 88 before winning the year after the Bosox,as if to kick Boston in its proverbial nuts and say "you're not special"

Or did they not count as cursed?

If selling a player is curse worthy then so is fixing games.

Next up to win are the Cubbies.

Oh wait, nevermind...;)

If selling a player is curse worthy then so is fixing games.

Next up to win are the Cubbies.

Oh wait, nevermind...;)

Thats a shame...of the three "cursed" franchises I would have liked to see the Cubs win it all. For my money, the best fans in baseball are Cubs and Cardinal fans. They come out no matter what and they're too busy having a good time to spend nine innings whining about having such a long WS drought.

Archived