A-Fraud's stats = a joke.

Jet/BosoxFan

If you want to discuss his "legacy" now, you have to consider him a likely future HOF with a less than stellar playoff record.

Which I what I havew said about him all along, if you have been paying attention. For some reason, you seem to want to ascribe things to what I ahev sadi, that have never been there. Like you are having an imaginary dialogue.

You don't care if your players come up in big spots late in pressure situations? Too bad, you could really ramp up your expectations of players.

i haven't talkked about may or september, 1st or 9th inning, again you put words in ,my mouth.

I have talked PLAYOFF and PLAYOFF performance. What don't you understand about that?

And you consider 120 playoff at bats a small sampling? I don't. Legends have been made and stars in postseason from far less numbers.

Which I what I havew said about him all along, if you have been paying attention. For some reason, you seem to want to ascribe things to what I ahev sadi, that have never been there. Like you are having an imaginary dialogue.

You don't care if your players come up in big spots late in pressure situations? Too bad, you could really ramp up your expectations of players.

i haven't talkked about may or september, 1st or 9th inning, again you put words in ,my mouth.

I have talked PLAYOFF and PLAYOFF performance. What don't you understand about that?

And you consider 120 playoff at bats a small sampling? I don't. Legends have been made and stars in postseason from far less numbers.

Maybe it's because I'm quoting you while responding to the point of the whole thread. I don't necessarily disagree with much of what you have said, but the point of the thread was that A-Rod's stats are a fraud and he is a "huge disapointment" because he allegedly doesn't come through in the clutch. Stats are stats. I don't care when they come from. These days every run helps you win. It's not like teams aren't blowing 5 run leads these days. Most of this comes from his contract, if he made say $2 mill per this whole discussion would be a non-issue. When the season ends he'll have 35 hr and 120 rbi. As I said, I'll take my chances with him in the playoffs. See you there.

By the way, very nice post on the front page #25. (This is not sarcasm) I can't believe you used fescue in a sentence.

Just to set the record straight, the Mets did negotiate with A-Rod. There was a blurb in the local papers when oras came to town to meet with Steve Phillips. A few days later, Phillips came out with his "24 and 1" quote, and stated that the Mets were not interested. A decision that they were blasted for in the media.

Personally, I believe that Phillips desire to have the Yankees trade A-Rod is lingering from this incident back in 2000. I have no proof, and only Phillips himself knows, but I bet it has a very big something to do with it.

Archived