Chris Brown or Thomas Jones?

HuRRiCaNe ViLMa

How about Michael Turner from San Diego? I read in an article up that they could target Turner in the offseason but why not now? All LT has is a neck sprain, he'll be back if he's not back already.

There are issues with trading for both of these guys.

Neither has been the most durable, but in Jones' case it's not like last year there was no one decent to trot out there for a game. Jones isn't merely 28; he's 28 and wants more money as part of a new deal (read: hefty signing bonus to a player that won't be our starter within two years). The flip-side is that he hasn't amassed that many carries for a 28 year-old. I'm just more concerned with the long-term cap implications at a position we may only need him at for one year.

Brown is younger. He also gets hurt too easily & due to his height/running style that is unlikely to change. He's also in the last year of his rookie deal & therefore is also seeking a long-term extension. Who feels comfortable giving this guy (whose career virtually hangs by a thread every week) a long-term deal for starter money? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

Of the two, if there was a gun to my head, I'd choose Jones frankly just because he's better. That Chicago team had a bunch of absolutely nothing on offense for 2 years & he still produced. Forget 8 men in the box excuses - this guy faced at least 9 in the box plenty of times & still had a terrific season. But paying a price of a 2nd-rounder in addition to a hefty new contract for a guy who likely won't be our starter past 2 years (maybe 3) is a steep price to pay. It also means we'll likely pass on next year's young stud that could land in our laps in the draft, since we'll already have to deal with significant cap space to the Jones + Martin + Blaylock combo.

I'd choose Houston, Washington and Blaylock. Any team that deals with the Jets now will try to rape us. Giving up a high pick for either of those two is ridiculous. While I'm not mailing it in just yet, this is supposed to be a rebuilding year, let's see what the young guys have to offer with Curtis out of the equation.

i agree....keep the 3 we have already..

brown is always hurt and jones isnt that good...

I'd choose Houston, Washington and Blaylock. Any team that deals with the Jets now will try to rape us. Giving up a high pick for either of those two is ridiculous. While I'm not mailing it in just yet, this is supposed to be a rebuilding year, let's see what the young guys have to offer with Curtis out of the equation.

We should be more concerned with finding a true FB to clear a path than a slight upgrade at HB to run into the non-hole he's presented with. All people who think BJ Askew is that man, say "I".

Actually, I think Askew might be more suited to being the runner than the blocker. He seems to be a decent runner, if we're so desperate.

You nailed it. I just can't believe we can't find a suitable running back

from these three guys even if its a stop gap till next off season or draft.

Archived