Good article on NBA Draft prospects

TomShane

http://www.sportsline.com/nba/story/8362901/1

It's not as bad a draft as last year, but still not great. If the NBA Gods are smiling on the local teams, here's who they should grab:

Knicks: Sean May, Carolina. Yes, another 6'8" power forward, but putting him and Sweetney on the floor together makes the Knicks extremely difficult to play.

Nets: Marvin Williams, SF/PF, Carolina: A 3 who would play 4 for the Nets. Him on the floor with Kidd, Carter and Jefferson would be insane. If they can find a legit C to put on the floor and allow Krstic to come off the bench, you really have something in Jersey/Brooklyn.

http://www.sportsline.com/nba/story/8362901/1

It's not as bad a draft as last year, but still not great. If the NBA Gods are smiling on the local teams, here's who they should grab:

Knicks: Sean May, Carolina. Yes, another 6'8" power forward, but putting him and Sweetney on the floor together makes the Knicks extremely difficult to play.

Nets: Marvin Williams, SF/PF, Carolina: A 3 who would play 4 for the Nets. Him on the floor with Kidd, Carter and Jefferson would be insane. If they can find a legit C to put on the floor and allow Krstic to come off the bench, you really have something in Jersey/Brooklyn.

That would be the ultimate sloth front line for the Knicks. I wouldn't mind it but I'd rather get a true Center, something they have been missing since the days of #33. May will prob. stay in school, he has no financial burdens nor does his family, his daddy has had bread his entire life.

I pray for the Knicks to get the lotto and pick up Andrew Bogut, a scoring, rebounding, passing, shooting center. This kid is the real deal.

That would be the ultimate sloth front line for the Knicks. I wouldn't mind it but I'd rather get a true Center, something they have been missing since the days of #33. May will prob. stay in school, he has no financial burdens nor does his family, his daddy has had bread his entire life.

Marvin is a good prospect to go pro at this point. He has alot of NBA scouts and GM's excited about getting him, but he still has some aspects of his game that another year in college would help. I know earlier in the year he mentioned that he was hoping to play at Carolina for at least 2 years, of course once the money starts getting flashed around there is no telling what can happen.

I believe Sean will stay his senior year, just like he said. This kid has proven that he is not all for the money and he wants to go the full 4 years in college. When he made the comment Tuesday about doing it (championship) again next year and he wanted to persuade some of his teammates to stay, I really got excited because I know Sean has a great influence on the team. Of course none of this is set in stone and he could leave as well, but I really take him at his word and I am pretty confident he will be back at Carolina next season. The year after that he will definately be a good pick for an NBA team.

Marvin is a good prospect to go pro at this point. He has alot of NBA scouts and GM's excited about getting him, but he still has some aspects of his game that another year in college would help. I know earlier in the year he mentioned that he was hoping to play at Carolina for at least 2 years, of course once the money starts getting flashed around there is no telling what can happen.

I believe Sean will stay his senior year, just like he said. This kid has proven that he is not all for the money and he wants to go the full 4 years in college. When he made the comment Tuesday about doing it (championship) again next year and he wanted to persuade some of his teammates to stay, I really got excited because I know Sean has a great influence on the team. Of course none of this is set in stone and he could leave as well, but I really take him at his word and I am pretty confident he will be back at Carolina next season. The year after that he will definately be a good pick for an NBA team.

If I'm a Heels fan, I HOPE Rashad McCants leaves. The man sucked in the tourney and was basically a cancer. The Heels can repeat with Felton, May, Williams, and a nice recruiting class.

Don't worry 80, McCants is gone. No doubt about it. Even Roy made it public of what his intentions were.

As far as Felton is concerned, I think he's gone too. I would LOVE to see him back next season, but the ugly truth in the matter is that he is going to be a high pick and I am pretty sure he's going to take advantage of that.

Is Rashad McCants really Joe Forte in disguise?

Good point. I have heard this mentioned alot in the last few days. Seems most folks (even UNC fans) are certain that Rashad will not have an NBA career that lasts more than 2-3 seasons.

If May comes back for his senior season and gets in shape, he will be the top pick in 2006. That out of shape/not running back on defense act isn't going to fly in the NBA. Here's a kid who doesn't need the money. Why not come back, get in shape and win again? Even sucking wind he still dominated in college.

McCants can go. He will make some team really unhappy with his stupid shoot first, screw passing play.

Give Mccants 3-4 years he will be a gimmick on And 1 street ball. I wonder if his signature move will be as nauseating as "The Spyda," when he hangs upside down from the rim immitating... you guessed it a SPIDER!

Hot Sauce has NO left hand. :lol:

Archived