Falcons | Team checks out New York; and New York checks out Duckett

FoxJet

Falcons | Team checks out New York; and New York checks out Duckett

Sun, 20 Aug 2006 07:17:09 -0700

Rich Cimini, of the New York Daily News, reports the New York Jets sent senior personnel consultant Jesse Kaye to Green Bay last night to scout Atlanta Falcons RB T.J. Duckett. The Falcons sent a scout to FedEx Field to scout the Jets. Atlanta is looking for help at wide receiver and safety, meaning WR Justin McCareins and S/CB Derrick Strait could be involved in the trade discussions.

Jets | Team checks out Duckett; and Atlanta checks out the Jets

Sun, 20 Aug 2006 07:07:52 -0700

Rich Cimini, of the New York Daily News, reports the New York Jets sent senior personnel consultant Jesse Kaye to Green Bay last night to scout Atlanta Falcons RB T.J. Duckett. The Falcons sent a scout to FedEx Field to scout the Jets. Atlanta is looking for help at wide receiver and safety, meaning WR Justin McCareins and S/CB Derrick Strait could be involved in the trade discussions.

:Typotux:::GoJets:

I could see getting rid of Strait, but not McCareins. We need depth at WR.

BZ

Lots of young kids that might be players at WR, too. I'd rather lose JMac (who I like, by the way, despite his "suspect" play last year) than Strait at this point. Strait is a football player - Safety, CB, nickel, ST - I like that about him. JMac for Duckett = sign me up and see ya later JMac.

Lots of young kids that might be players at WR, too. I'd rather lose JMac (who I like, by the way, despite his "suspect" play last year) than Strait at this point. Strait is a football player - Safety, CB, nickel, ST - I like that about him. JMac for Duckett = sign me up and see ya later JMac.

We have a lot more NFL ready DBs than wideouts.

I'd like to keep Strait. McCareins for Duckett would be a sweet deal...if they want a a safety, give em' one of the back-ups to go along with McCareins. Reggie Newhouse can be moved up to the #5 WR slot with Smith 4, Dwight 3...with ease.

This may be the last chance to unload Justin Miller. Leon Washington showed he is a viable alternative to the only thing Miller is good at.. kick returns. The only Redskin offense was picking on Justin MIller. He has absolutely no instincts for coverage and instincts can't be coached.

DJ Duckett for Justin Miller would be stealing from the Falcons.

This may be the last chance to unload Justin Miller. Leon Washington showed he is a viable alternative to the only thing Miller is good at.. kick returns. The only Redskin offense was picking on Justin MIller. He has absolutely no instincts for coverage and instincts can't be coached.

Who the **** is DJ Duckett? A Hybrid of TJ Duckett and DJ SHockley?

miller will be fine

Who the **** is DJ Duckett? A Hybrid of TJ Duckett and DJ SHockley?

Perhaps Duckett is also blessed with great disk jocking skills.We are looking to add depth to the DJ position.

Link

There was some technical difficulties with the music that has been a constant since the first few days of training camp. The CD, which was playing classic rock hits like "Sweet Home Alabama" and "Tom Sawyer," began to skip. No word if the DJ was forced to run a lap.

I think once he settles down Miller will be a top CB.

Archived