Brad Smith = 3rd QB on sundays?

j e t s

Does anyone else think they gave Smith time at QB last night so they could see if he was good enough to be the reserve QB on sundays? Thus giving them the ability to cut Ramsey, and saving a roster spot for more depth some other position.

Mangini has stated all along he likes tough, smart players that can line up at multiple positions.

Thoughts?

There is no need to put Smith as 3rd QB. 3rd QB does not count on your 45 that dress. You can dress 46.. 45 + 3rd QB. If he dresses as 3rd QB, he can't play until the 4th quarter or until Pennington/2nd QB are done for the game.

Now I can see where later in the season they may put Brad Smith as #2 QB, Clemens as #3 QB and not dress Ramsey... to get another player dressed.. but that's risky with Pennington. This is what Parcells did in 99 and why Tupa had to play QB.

aec4 already beat me to it. But no way do you cut Ramsey. You gain NOTHING. Ramsey or Clemens will be listed as the 3rd and depending on what happens in the game - Smith could actually be the 3rd QB. He is on the team as a WR so it isn't like you are taking up a roster spot or anything.

I see him as a situational QB. I don't know about the emergency QB

if that is what your talking about because of rules as to when they

can come into the game thereby not allowing him to play whenthey want

himto.

I think you're right Senior...he seems kind of a lightweight to take the pounding in the NFL...exciting player? Yes...just not every down.

I'm still sticking to my original projection on draft day that this kid is going to be a playmaker for us.

Does anyone else think they gave Smith time at QB last night so they could see if he was good enough to be the reserve QB on sundays? Thus giving them the ability to cut Ramsey, and saving a roster spot for more depth some other position.

Mangini has stated all along he likes tough, smart players that can line up at multiple positions.

Thoughts?

No. Not yet, anyway.

I think Ramsey looked ok, last night. I think he had to get past the psychological barrier of actually having to compete against Bollinger. I know last week, there were fans actually saying that Clemens should start, but I think they have all come back down to Earth, and have recovered from the bends. Clemens is a rookie, and last night, he played like one.

Brad Smith is a WR, but should anything happen to Pennington injury wise (and it will be 3 strikes and your out), Ramsey will start, and Clemens and Smith will be listed as 2&3 on the depth chart respectively. Smith saves the team a roster spot, which is a good thing.

I think Brad Smith is going to be a big time NFL player in whatever capacity he plays.

didn't you guys see why troy brown q'backed a series in the giants game?

pretty simple really..........belly gets all his ideas from mangini. pats will spiral doenhill like a friggin dart without the mangini mind calling all the shots from behind the scenes. I just spoke with tennebaum & informed him of belly phonetapping manginis office #. problem solved..........enjoy your battle with buffalo for the cellar position my patsie friends:)

Archived