ESDC APPROVES JETS STADIUM PLAN

raffyD

The New York Jets' plan to build a new stadium on Manhattan's West Side won approval from the state economic development agency, while a court date was set to hear arguments from Cablevision Systems Corp. against the project.

The Empire State Development Corp. approved by a 6-0 vote the Jets' proposal to build a 75,000-seat open air stadium on the site of West Side rail yards owned by the Metropolitan Transportation Authority. The state Public Authorities Control Board, which comprises Gov. George Pataki, Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver and state Senate Majority Leader Joseph Bruno, still needs to give its OK to the plan, which depends on $600 million in state and city financing.

Cablevision, which has sued the MTA for accepting the Jets' $210 million offer over its own $760 million proposal, will present its case to a state Supreme Court judge on May 3. A decision is expected by May 10, according to an MTA spokesman. The MTA has agreed to hold off on completing the sale until a decision is made.

Looks like this thing has really gained steam and will happen. I will miss the tailgating but look forward to the boys coming home. =D>

The New York Jets' plan to build a new stadium on Manhattan's West Side won approval from the state economic development agency, while a court date was set to hear arguments from Cablevision Systems Corp. against the project.

The Empire State Development Corp. approved by a 6-0 vote the Jets' proposal to build a 75,000-seat open air stadium on the site of West Side rail yards owned by the Metropolitan Transportation Authority. The state Public Authorities Control Board, which comprises Gov. George Pataki, Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver and state Senate Majority Leader Joseph Bruno, still needs to give its OK to the plan, which depends on $600 million in state and city financing.

Cablevision, which has sued the MTA for accepting the Jets' $210 million offer over its own $760 million proposal, will present its case to a state Supreme Court judge on May 3. A decision is expected by May 10, according to an MTA spokesman. The MTA has agreed to hold off on completing the sale until a decision is made.

Looks like this thing has really gained steam and will happen. I will miss the tailgating but look forward to the boys coming home. =D>

I would rent a houseboat for game days,,hold lots of people, the cost could be shared.

I know that raffy.

That was a subtle dig at all the Jet fans who think the stadium is a "100% done deal".

I know you know, hence the subtle dig back at you! ("But I understand your eagerness for this to get done.")

I know you know, hence the subtle dig back at you! ("But I understand your eagerness for this to get done.")

Hey, I want the Jets to have their own stadium.

I just think it's a bad move trying to build it on the West Side.

I guess we'll see how everything plays out shortly.

Hey, I want the Jets to have their own stadium.

I just think it's a bad move trying to build it on the West Side.

I guess we'll see how everything plays out shortly.

I'm with you. :shock: I prefer they build the stadium in queens near Shea which probably needs just as much help with "developing the area" as the west side. Plus the tailgating issue, but it's not my money. Woody has a woody for the west side, we're powerless. We just have to be happy with anything at this point.

Archived