Lets keep an eye college players the Jets might be interested in

CoachTsurfing

ray rice > Brian Leonard

Ray isn't coming out after this year so it's basicly a non issue but Leonard is better as a FB then Rice is as a tailback. One of the big reasons Rice was so good last week was leonard blocking for him. Leonard would probably come into the NFL as the best all around fullback in the game and he fits PERFECTLY into the type of player mangini wants. He's a NO BRAINER with one of our 2nd's...

Two totally different backs really

Leonard good strong runner and good at receiving out of the backfield

Rice a smaller guy that can hide behind blockers and quick to the hole

yea, ray rice was a former section I football player from new rochelle, love rooting for homegrown talent.

In fact tehre are good deal of players from newro' on the roster.

Stewart won't be draft eligible until after next season.

And I really hope we won't have the top five pick it will probably take to get him.

i know that pisses me off, what is the age requierment for the draft? the 08 class of RBs is going to be nasty...Lucky,Stewart,McFadden, and maybe Gable?

Johnathan Stewart...

22 rushes168 yards7.6 averages25 long2Tds

Thats exactly what I was going to say but he's a sophmore and won't be in this years draft. I'm going to U of Oregon this year and can't wait to watch them play at Autzen. By the way you forgot to mention he did all that in less then 3 quarters.

Thats exactly what I was going to say but he's a sophmore and won't be in this years draft. I'm going to U of Oregon this year and can't wait to watch them play at Autzen. By the way you forgot to mention he did all that in less then 3 quarters.

i dont get it though, Sidney Rice is eligible after only 2 years of college ball, y not Stewart?

i dont get it though, Sidney Rice is eligible after only 2 years of college ball, y not Stewart?

No idea, I just assumed he wouldn't be in the draft cause he's not going to be considered a top back when there are lots of other talented backs this year especially since he will only have been the starter this season. I don't know anything about the whole eligibility rules.

it pisses me off, if he were to be eligible we would be basically be guarnteed either peterson,lynch, or stewart.

Yeah it would be nice. Though if Stewart came out this year I could see him being picked much lower then he should. NOBODY talks about him, he's a posterboy for nobody caring about the northwest.

Archived