FOX HD versus CBS HD

PatsFanTX

During the early games, I was flipping back and forth between Jets-Bills and Cincy-Pittsburgh, both games in CBS HD.

Now I'm flipping back and forth between Seattle-Giants and Eagles-49ers.

The FOX HD picture is just out of this world.

Why is it so much better than the CBS HD?

Anybody else notice the difference?

During the early games, I was flipping back and forth between Jets-Bills and Cincy-Pittsburgh, both games in CBS HD.

Now I'm flipping back and forth between Seattle-Giants and Eagles-49ers.

The FOX HD picture is just out of this world.

Why is it so much better than the CBS HD?

Anybody else notice the difference?

I don't know what that is, but it's just inferior. CBS is obviously trying to save money by using older or cheaper equipment, and then they only do 3 HD games every week, while Fox does at least 6. It's not right and the NFL should tell them to cut the crap.

I don't know what that is, but it's just inferior. CBS is obviously trying to save money by using older or cheaper equipment, and then they only do 3 HD games every week, while Fox does at least 6. It's not right and the NFL should tell them to cut the crap.

I couldn't even watch the Phins-Titans game today because in was not in HD.

The JEts game compared to the Giants game is scary; looks like CBS shot the JEts through a glass of water.

HD tech is still new and evolving,,

Granted, some networks have better equipment, BUT, certain thing will degrade a HD picture immensly,,

rain, cloudy conditions (HD thrives in bright lites or indoor lights),,

even smoke from pregame activities will degrade the HD picture until smoke clears..

As for CBS, they ironically broadcast in 1080i which is allegedly the best HD standard whole Fox/ESPN/ABC broadcast in 720p. I will agree with you TX, FOX's HD coverage is untouchable and I think it's vecause CSB does as little as neccessary to do it while FOX has made it a priority. As for watching an NFL game in SD, no thanks, I'd rather listen to radio.

As for CBS, they ironically broadcast in 1080i which is allegedly the best HD standard whole Fox/ESPN/ABC broadcast in 720p. I will agree with you TX, FOX's HD coverage is untouchable and I think it's vecause CSB does as little as neccessary to do it while FOX has made it a priority. As for watching an NFL game in SD, no thanks, I'd rather listen to radio.

720 is so good, that you can only tell the difference bewtween 1080 and 720 at about 2 feet from screen when u can then see pixel diffrences. .beyond that, naked eye cant tell..

On the CBS feed today, anyone notice how they went from 16 x 9 to 4 x 3 a few times?

I think like GOB said it just hasn't been a priority for CBS yet.

thats normal , it even happens in world series sometimes,, if they have a nonHD camera in a low priority place when they switch to it u will see the 4x3..

or Sportscenter that goes from HD studio shot to a clip from a ballgame nite before in nonHD

thats normal , it even happens in world series sometimes,, if they have a nonHD camera in a low priority place when they switch to it u will see the 4x3..

or Sportscenter that goes from HD studio shot to a clip from a ballgame nite before in nonHD

No this was in the middle of one shot. Like the lost the HD feed and rolled over to the normal feed.

I hate watching 4 x 3. That is for poor people. I deserve better, lol.

No this was in the middle of one shot. Like the lost the HD feed and rolled over to the normal feed.

I hate watching 4 x 3. That is for poor people. I deserve better, lol.

haha, u r right..

i only look at the HD section of online tv guide now,, if it aint HD it doesnt get watched

Archived