Did the Jets miss again???

CoachTsurfing

Did the Jets miss the boat on Leinart? I know it was against one team, but that team was the Bears. He looked really good last night. Arizona does have a better running back, deeper wide reciever pool, and bigger but about the same talent O-line. I think if the Jets would have given up a bit more they might of had a chance to trade up with the Vikings or another team ahead of Arizona to get Leinart. Of course Leinart in Arizona might just be another Marino. Great QB that will never win a Super Bowl. And I know what's done is done, but sometimes it's just nice to dream that the Jets are the best team in the NFL and we have won more then 1 superbowl in this decade.

Yeah, I know I'm beating a dead horse. It just pisses me off when I see good players that we could of gotten. Of course hind site is 20/20. As far as the superbowl reference. I was just saying it would be nice to win a superbowl in this decade. lol, the post number thing was funny. Some people just really like the Jets. I wonder how many posts tx has at the Pats fan site????

I'm glad we passed on him and I'm sticking by it. It would have turned into precisely the albatross scenario we're trying to get away from, which is pinning our success on one individual. How many times has this team done that?! If you don't want to believe this ISN'T the same old Jets, then run with it that we should have taken him. He would have gotten killed because we would have had no-one to protect him, then the Jeff George-type complaining would have set in. Leinart in NY had ca-ca written all over it. I can't worry about how great he becomes elsewhere.

If last night was any indication, Leinart is the real deal. Poise, confidence, accuracy, smarts - the kid had arguably the best 2nd start of any QB ever. The way he hung in that pocket to execute against bigtime pressure was very impressive. All that and $1.97 will get you a vente at Starbucks.

We had NO line and to think we could have patched that up with more hasbeen FA's is toking the pipe. It would have been nice to have 3 picks in the first 10 this year - we could have plucked Reggie Bush too. We didn't - we had 1 and we used it wisely.

I'm glad we passed on him and I'm sticking by it. It would have turned into precisely the albatross scenario we're trying to get away from, which is pinning our success on one individual. How many times has this team done that?! If you don't want to believe this ISN'T the same old Jets, then run with it that we should have taken him. He would have gotten killed because we would have had no-one to protect him, then the Jeff George-type complaining would have set in. Leinart in NY had ca-ca written all over it. I can't worry about how great he becomes elsewhere.

AMEN they did the RIGHT THING by passing on leinart.

Did the Jets miss the boat on Leinart? I know it was against one team, but that team was the Bears. He looked really good last night. Arizona does have a better running back, deeper wide reciever pool, and bigger but about the same talent O-line. I think if the Jets would have given up a bit more they might of had a chance to trade up with the Vikings or another team ahead of Arizona to get Leinart. Of course Leinart in Arizona might just be another Marino. Great QB that will never win a Super Bowl. And I know what's done is done, but sometimes it's just nice to dream that the Jets are the best team in the NFL and we have won more then 1 superbowl in this decade.

What's the Cardinals record again? Yeah, that would have been ours too. I like how we came out of the draft personally. Actually, we'd probably be worse, since we don't have a strong defense, a great WR corps, and a pro-bowl RB. So we'd basically have Leinart without pro bowlers around him and a ****ty O-line. That sounds like last year!

Archived