Dennis Green...

strange_andy

Yeah, whatever. Maybe he shouldn't have Hermed up the playcalling on offense in the first half when it was 14-0. Fat idiot sat on a 14-point lead & got unnecessarily conservative in the first half. James was going nowhere early-on, in the middle, and at the end. But he still fed him the ball 36 times for a total of 55 yards. If they kept attacking before Chicago had a chance to regroup at halftime maybe they would've won even with Chicago's defense & special teams scoring 3x.

Their most pressing need in the draft should've been to get offensive linemen, which there were a boatload of in this draft. They decided that the team needed one Deuce Lutui & could leave it at that.

Yeah, whatever. Maybe he shouldn't have Hermed up the playcalling on offense in the first half when it was 14-0. Fat idiot sat on a 14-point lead & got unnecessarily conservative in the first half. James was going nowhere early-on, in the middle, and at the end. But he still fed him the ball 36 times for a total of 55 yards. If they kept attacking before Chicago had a chance to regroup at halftime maybe they would've won even with Chicago's defense & special teams scoring 3x.

Their most pressing need in the draft should've been to get offensive linemen, which there were a boatload of in this draft. They decided that the team needed one Deuce Lutui & could leave it at that.

That 1.52 ypc average was the smallest ever for a runner who ran the ball that many times. DENNIS GREEN LOST THE GAME WITH THE PLAYCALLING!

He pulled a Herm.

By the way, how is herm doing these days? Boy do the Chiefs suck..

LL

I agree but I would add that the playcalling in the 2nd half was just as bad. Remember, they were up 20-3 in the third quarter I believe. I kept having Herm flashbacks.

Oh, and we could have just as easily lost a game such as the cards lost last night given our style of play with a lead lately.

I truly think even Herm pulls out a victory with that lead last night. Green did fourclassic things that bad coaches seems to always do to lose.

1. with 7 seconds to go in the third and up 20 points WITH THE BALL, he decided to throw the ball near deeep in his own territory

2. with 4 minutes to go in the game, he decided to pass TWICE, both times resulting in incompletion that stopped the clock and gave the bears major momentum

3. When he punted the ball away, he punted it RIGHT DOWN THE FREAKIN MIDDLE of the field, to one of the best kick returners. My gosh, just kick it out of bounds and let Grossman try to beat you, wil ya

AND

4. He pulled the classic, "My team is killing them with the pass, but i think ill stop here and run into the line so i can miss a field goal, then blame my kicker" routine

Yes, i did lose money on the game (i picked the under, which seemed like a lock), so this may be biased, but i think Green is oerhaps the worst coach in the league (obviously not including art shell).

I actually fell asleep at halftime. Woke up with ESPN still on the TV & only thing I saw of the 2nd half was the highlights.

same here. Barkly called it in the booth with the other "experts"

I woke up to the result I expected even after the big lead. Leinhardt gives the cards some hope though. he played well & gutsy in the 1st half.

I still like brick & mangold better for the jets though

I truly think even Herm pulls out a victory with that lead last night. Green did fourclassic things that bad coaches seems to always do to lose.

1. with 7 seconds to go in the third and up 20 points WITH THE BALL, he decided to throw the ball near deeep in his own territory

2. with 4 minutes to go in the game, he decided to pass TWICE, both times resulting in incompletion that stopped the clock and gave the bears major momentum

3. When he punted the ball away, he punted it RIGHT DOWN THE FREAKIN MIDDLE of the field, to one of the best kick returners. My gosh, just kick it out of bounds and let Grossman try to beat you, wil ya

AND

4. He pulled the classic, "My team is killing them with the pass, but i think ill stop here and run into the line so i can miss a field goal, then blame my kicker" routine

Yes, i did lose money on the game (i picked the under, which seemed like a lock), so this may be biased, but i think Green is oerhaps the worst coach in the league (obviously not including art shell).

Spermy, this pretty much sums up the bad coaching clinic in the second half. Denni Green really needs to just look in the mirror to find who to blame.

Btw BGD, nice recap as I could not remember it from last night.

Thanks BGD. I think maybe Herm would've pulled out a win there. He would've also tried to run out the clock with 10 min left in the first half. But he would've continued that in the 2nd half as well, when Green suddenly decided to pass after it was imprudent.

Of course - to be intellectually honest - since that 14-0 lead was b/c of two passes to Arizona's WRs, both of them over 3 yards, Herm never would've been in that situation in the first place.

Thanks BGD. I think maybe Herm would've pulled out a win there. He would've also tried to run out the clock with 10 min left in the first half. But he would've continued that in the 2nd half as well, when Green suddenly decided to pass after it was imprudent.

Of course - to be intellectually honest - since that 14-0 lead was b/c of two passes to Arizona's WRs, both of them over 3 yards, Herm never would've been in that situation in the first place.

True that. But still, when are coaches going to understand how to use the clock and how to go for the kill instead of leaving it up to the kicker.

BTW, even if Rackers makes that field goal, there was still 50 seconds on the clock. I have no doubt, none, that the bears would have returned the favor.

BTW, even if Rackers makes that field goal, there was still 50 seconds on the clock. I have no doubt, none, that the bears would have returned the favor.

Great recap BGD but I have to disagree with you on the outcome. If Rackers makes that FG, da Bears are toast. I believe they had one timeout left but the only way they get up the field to kick a FG (short of another dyno return) is through AirGrossman and that plane was grounded. It was one of those nights when a QB was just way off physically and mentally and gives arguement to whether Griese should have been given the ball in the 4th quarter. It was a damn exciting time here in Chi-town last night.

Archived