A USA Today article...surprise hardly a mention of us

SoFlaJets

since it's slow day here's a nice little bit long article from USA Today-hey I'm practicing for my weekend article pasting job here at JN

10 key questions as the NFL season hits the halfway mark

By Chris Colston, USA TODAY

The NFL has again proven that making preseason predictions is an act of futility. Already this season the defending Super Bowl champion Pittsburgh Steelers have lost four games. The Miami Dolphins, a team many pundits thought had a solid shot of playing in Super Bowl XLI in their stadium, are 1-6. So instead of predicting the answers for the NFL's second half, let's focus on the questions flying around the league as we head into the midway point. Our top 10:

1. Who is the league MVP?

Last year, Carolina wide receiver Steve Smith led the NFL in receptions (103 catches) and receiving yardage (1,563 yards) and scored 12 touchdowns

C'mon, it won't be THAT easy. We'll at least put up a fight, and if the pats lose and then we beat the pats, we're tied! I think they're making that prediction too early for my liking.

Dude, the Jets have lost 7 straight games to the Pats.

The difference in talent between the Pats and Jets is like night and day.

The Pats will easily win their 8th straight game against the Jets on November 12th.

The NYJ will beat 'em

if the jets are in the playoff hunt they going into the chi game they may want to think about starting clemens and making sure chadwick finishes the season as the starter.

i think the jets have a legitimate shot of beating the bears i just worry about chad making it out healthy.

if the jets are in the playoff hunt they going into the chi game they may want to think about starting clemens and making sure chadwick finishes the season as the starter.

i think the jets have a legitimate shot of beating the bears i just worry about chad making it out healthy.

it's always a concern it doesn't matter who you're playing

it's always a concern it doesn't matter who you're playing

i was mostly kidding with the post soFla but that game definitely scares me. chad has basically avoided big hits since the 2nd game of the year. it's the sacks that are as worrisome as the hits to his arm while he is throwing.

i was mostly kidding with the post soFla but that game definitely scares me. chad has basically avoided big hits since the 2nd game of the year. it's the sacks that are as worrisome as the hits to his arm while he is throwing.

yea I've was thinking about that too the other day-it's either plays when QBs get rolled up on (Big Ben and Hasselback) or the type Chad got hurt on last year that knocks guys out long-term not so much the sacks

You cant play scared - not that we play or anything. :cheers:

But you cant go into a game being afraid of being injured.

A lot of bad injuries happen on freak plays, too, like in a ps game when CP smashed his hand on the Gnat's helmet. It doesnt have to be against good teams, either. They are heavy hitters on every team.

Isht happens, but you cant be fearful of it.

OTOH Schotty will need to devise a gameplan that will neutralize some of the opposing defense's strengths.

If the author had chose the NE-Denver game as opposed to the Bengal's the Pats would be seen in a totally different light.

Smart Pats fans don't buy into the Bengals win as proof they will do any play-off damage.

Why?

Why does one game determine their playoff fate? And coincidentally, it is the Denver game. :rolleyes:

Your statement is moronic at best.

The next two weeks will go along way to determining the pecking order in the AFC. The Patriots have Minnesota and Indianapolis. Indianapolis has Denver this week. Denver has Pittsburgh in two weeks. This round robin could shed some light on the favorite for the AFC Championship. However, as Pittsburgh showed last year and the Patriots to a certain extent in 2001 and 2003, it is not who starts fastest, but who finishes that way.

Unlike last year, there is nothing on the Patriots you can pin point as a reason they will lose in the playoffs.

And you clowns think the dynasty is over.;)

Considering the article admits the "experts" were wrong before the season, cites Joe Theisman, and has a host of other silly things in it, I think you are better speaking for yourself tx, rather than using a dumb "sports media journalist's" take on something. The Pats are probably now jinxed. Sports media is the only field in the world where you can become an "expert" without actually ever being right about anything in your field. The true experts are probably the guys winning their fantasy leagues year in and year out, and a bunch of posters scattered around on message boards such as this one.

Archived