Reality Check (Mets/Yankees) Fans

Smizzy

Neither of our teams did anything to brag about this yr. Both had the talent and the payrolls to make the WS. Neither team did.

All this other **** you guys are bickering about is nonsense. Neither team or it's fans have a right to brag about anything.

I disagree. The Mets had an excellent regular season, and it was great having post-season baseball at Shea again.

They took some major steps this season, dethroned the Braves from their perennial NL East crown, and played solid baseball all season long.

What did the yanks accomplish? Who cares.

Correct JC....Also Met fans here don't really go over the top with bragging. We may retaliate a little when the Yanks are dismissed in short order AGAIN but that's mostly in response to the MESS threads etc.

Have you ever seen us post our batting order....ie murder's row threads?

Have you ever seen us call off the season due to injuries in May?

Mets fans here also congratulated the Yanks on catching Boston the last two seasons when that looked impossible.

I'm ok with all posters here but Smizzy you are wrong if you compare the Mets season with the Yanks. It's not close and that's why we are able to tip our hats to the Cards while some Yank fans still feel they are BB's best team.

Hell Barton and Joan Jett(not JONE) think the Orioles are better than the Mets.

Wow. You dethrowned the Braves. MLB should have stopped the season right then and gave the Ny Mets the Championship.

The Mets have built a nice foundation to build off. Good luck in the future getting it together. Untill then enjoy whatever moral victory you wish.

Yankee fans have high expectation for our team. So lsoing in the playoffs is a dissapointment.

I guess Mets fans would have been happy with a playoff berth,so I understand your joy but regardless....You & David(2-26)Wright are watching the WS from the comfort of your sofas.

Smizz you just proved my point that I made a couple of weeks ago that Yankee fans are as bad as Patsy fans.

Of course different teams have different expectations, and while the pats going 9-7 this season may not make Garb happy, if the jets go 9-7 it make a lot of Jet fans very happy.

Seeing yankee fans denigrate the accomplishments of this Mets team is as classy as having Tx spew his b.s. over and over again.

If you notice, i didnt make any judgments about what the yanks did or did not accomplish this season, because like I said, I dont really care.

Similarly, I dont give a rats ass what the Pats' record is this year, either.

I dont have any interest in what they do or dont accomplish, other than being a division rival.

My satisfaction with the Mets' season is not based on a comparison with any other team except the Mets team of 2005. I saw major improvement, and most importantly, i took great pleasure in watching the Mets play good baseball this season.

Thats where I am coming from. It aint braggin, its just being proud of what my team accomplished.

Yankee fans have high expectation for our team. So lsoing in the playoffs is a dissapointment.

I guess Mets fans would have been happy with a playoff berth,so I understand your joy but regardless....You & David(2-26)Wright are watching the WS from the comfort of your sofas.

The Yankee season better be a disappointent when you are 75 million above your nearest competitor and Capt Clutch can't accept a top 5 player in his clubhouse leading to the Yanks dismissal in short order again.

As for Mets fans, we had WS expectations but the hand we were dealt come play-off time was Maine and Oliver Perez as opposed to Pedro and Duke.

Unfortunately that rotation fell just short and did not get the job done so pardon us if we are ok with our season and not calling for, Wright, Willie, Floyd, Pedro and El Duke's head in a Yankee fan type fashion.

Be happy you experienced 96-2000...it was special but don't confuse it as a birth right that's going to happen every year. If you guys are such '"big time" Yank fans you remember the 1979-1995 drought and will realize nobody wins it all every year.

this is the first year i took notice

yankee fans = Pat Fans

Both think their sh*t don't stink.. both are very arrogant.. hell i even root for yanks to beat sux. Not sure i even give a crap from now on.

Met fans are much more gracious, We had a great year ...a stepping stone

for the future.

Here's another note to Ponder.. Joe Torre blows as a manager!

I disagree. The Mets had an excellent regular season, and it was great having post-season baseball at Shea again.

They took some major steps this season, dethroned the Braves from their perennial NL East crown, and played solid baseball all season long.

What did the yanks accomplish? Who cares.

The Yankees accomplished the same as the Mets did -- same Reg. Season record (against Arguably better opponents), and lost out in the playoffs to a team that went to the WS. Get over it dude. The Mets had their best season in a long time.

Did the Mets really "dethrone" the braves? I think the Braves actually Dethroned themselves. Its not like they really even challenged for the NL East title. If the Braves had finished 2nd in the division, I'd think it was maybe the Mets doing, but they finished next-to-last, and barely even gave up a fight.

That doesn't take away from the Mets, though, necessarily. 97 wins is 97 wins. You know?

The Mets turned out to be a pile of dog crap like the Yankees. Game over. Both sucked !

Yankees fans can speak for themselves on this one, but a team that wins 97 regular season games and forces a 7th game in the NLCS with a rookie (John Maine), a project (Oliver Perez) and a 40-year old (Glavine) setting the course is NOT a pile of dog crap. The Mets will most certainly be back strong next season.

The Yankees accomplished the same as the Mets did -- same Reg. Season record (against Arguably better opponents), and lost out in the playoffs to a team that went to the WS. Get over it dude. The Mets had their best season in a long time.

Did the Mets really "dethrone" the braves? I think the Braves actually Dethroned themselves. Its not like they really even challenged for the NL East title. If the Braves had finished 2nd in the division, I'd think it was maybe the Mets doing, but they finished next-to-last, and barely even gave up a fight.

That doesn't take away from the Mets, though, necessarily. 97 wins is 97 wins. You know?

Semantics. The braves were dethroned as division winners, and the Mets won the division. There's nothing to get over for me, until some yanker fan starts yet another thread attempting to denigrate the Mets' accomplishments because yankers are crankers about the most overpaid team in baseball.

And what is that flag doing in your signature?

Very gracious.

Joe torre had arguable the best team in baseball from 1996-2006 and only won the series 4 times. His record with all the other teams is not great

Atlanta 486 257 229 .529

NewYorkM 709 286 420 .405

NewYorkY 1780 1079 699 .607

St.Louis 706 351 354 .498

+----+-----------+--------+---+-----+----+----+------+------+

TOTAL 3681 1973 1702 .537

I would argue you could have Smizzy managing these yanks and would win the series 4 x

For the record Met fans do not brag half as much as you guys do.

Remember Brag spelled backward spells GARB

Neither of our teams did anything to brag about this yr. Both had the talent and the payrolls to make the WS. Neither team did.

All this other **** you guys are bickering about is nonsense. Neither team or it's fans have a right to brag about anything.

Man, this guy WONT let it go,, losing to a freakin wildcard has sent him into a full blown depression. His tonic is knockin Mets,,

let it go guy,, dont get so TICKED off

oh by the way:

103 to 98 ;)

Man, this guy WONT let it go,, losing to a freakin wildcard has sent him into a full blown depression. His tonic is knockin Mets,,

let it go guy,, dont get so TICKED off

oh by the way:

103 to 98 ;)

As of today, that stat means absolutely

d

i

c

k

Post that stat on a Cardinals' fan site and see if it holds water.

As of today, that stat means absolutely

d

i

c

k

Post that stat on a Cardinals' fan site and see if it holds water.

cardinal website? who cares?

its mets / yanks and its

103 to 98

and by the yankee fans reaction to 103 to 98 it sure does mean something :yahoo:

tick , tick, tick Part 2 coming April 2007

cardinal website? who cares?

its mets / yanks and its

103 to 98

and by the yankee fans reaction to 103 to 98 it sure does mean something :yahoo:

tick , tick, tick Part 2 coming April 2007

I'm only upset that the Yankees didn't bring home title #27. Anything less is a letdown. If 103 to 98 is your idea of success, so be it.

I'm only upset that the Yankees didn't bring home title #27. Anything less is a letdown. If 103 to 98 is your idea of success, so be it.

Different franchises and very different definitions of a successful season. It's that simple. Some mets fans are elated over number of wins despite winning absolutely nothing meaningful. Yankee fans are disappointed in not getting ring #27.

I must say though, having been lucky enough to see the Yankees win four rings takes the sting away just a bit. For me anyway. I guess that's because when I was a kid the Yankees were TERRIBLE and the Mets had won a ring in my lifetime that my Mets fan buddies would always remind me of. I honestly thought I'd never see the Yankees win a WS and the Mets looked like they were going to dominate New York baseball for at least a decade....I think this is the first time in my life that the Yankees and Mets are both this good and enough good young players to make it last. I kinda like it.

Different franchises and very different definitions of a successful season. It's that simple. Some mets fans are elated over number of wins despite winning absolutely nothing meaningful. Yankee fans are disappointed in not getting ring #27.

I must say though, having been lucky enough to see the Yankees win four rings takes the sting away just a bit. For me anyway. I guess that's because when I was a kid the Yankees were TERRIBLE and the Mets had won a ring in my lifetime that my Mets fan buddies would always remind me of. I honestly thought I'd never see the Yankees win a WS and the Mets looked like they were going to dominate New York baseball for at least a decade....I think this is the first time in my life that the Yankees and Mets are both this good and enough good young players to make it last. I kinda like it.

I agree.

The Mets, however, have a younger core of very good players and should be competitive for a number of years. The Yankees need to get some younger arms in here if they want to stay competitive. Still, I'm looking forward to Yanks/Mets WS in 2007.

I agree.

The Mets, however, have a younger core of very good players and should be competitive for a number of years. The Yankees need to get some younger arms in here if they want to stay competitive. Still, I'm looking forward to Yanks/Mets WS in 2007.

Yep, on the offensive side of the ball the Mets have the upper hand from a youth standpoint. Both teams have one young pitcher each who has shown the ability to be successful at the major league level. They both need arms in a big way.

I agree.

Mets and White Sox in 2007, the yanks miss out again

Archived