Jets acquire THE 38th overall pick-! (Actually the 47th~TS)

Barton

Mike Patterson. Bradway is an absolute a$$hole.

We dropped 12 spots and get Jolley

Shane...had TB made this trade to acquire the overall #1...you'd call for his head

So your opinion on what he does is useless!!!

Great job TB =D>

Even better

Now we drop 12 spots and get out starting TE

Great job BRADWAY!! =D>:mrgreen:

Jolley couldn't even start over Teyo ******* Johnson, who converted from WR and immediately replaced Jolley.

Chris ******* Baker is better than Doug Jolley. We moved down 11 spots for complete sh*t. Ridiculous...we could have stayed pat and gotten Heath Miller.

We dropped 12 spots and get Jolley

Shane...had TB made this trade to acquire the overall #1...you'd call for his head

So your opinion on what he does is useless!!!

Great job TB =D>

Let me help you with the math you South Carolinan hillbilly:

We LOSE our first round pick for the Raiders BACK-UP TE--a player whom we could have gotten a decent replica of in the 4th round--to drop completely out of range of the 2nd tier of players. We are now in the third tier, looking at developmental projects. How is that a good deal. And, OH, Doug Jolley doesn't block either. So he fits in real nice, don't you think?

Jolley couldn't even start over Teyo farging Johnson, who converted from WR and immediately replaced Jolley.

Chris farging Baker is better than Doug Jolley. We moved down 11 spots for complete Sh#t. Ridiculous...we could have stayed pat and gotten Heath Miller.

You're nuts

Jolley is estatic about the deal...and so is Dinger =D>

Great job TB, you ******* prick...MORON!!!!

Doug Jolley ******* blows.

Get ready for a disapointing season fellow Jets fans, it's all gonna start going down hill from here with this garbage trade.

38 and 57...good ******* luck for us having a chance now.

Guys....you dont need a 1st round pick to win a championship. We moved down 12 spots...relax.

When you're in the same division as New England and your GM is a moron in the first place, you absolutely do need a 1st rounder.

JonE, besides your blatant homerism, can you please inform us as to some positives of this trade?

We moved 12 spots....and now have our starting TE...great move

And TS

I think you nad I need to have a bet about the type of year Jolley has

I don;t think any TE under Callahan and Turner would be any good

Jolley in '02 was a stud...on even par with McMichael

So..basically, we just got a McMichael type TE

I'll take it =D>

Guys....you dont need a 1st round pick to win a championship. We moved down 12 spots...relax.

The Jets needed to get two starters out of this draft and now they will get none unless Assweed Bradway pulls his head out of his ass long enough to come up with another Erik Coleman. Jolley, although he will start, IS NOT A STARTING CALIBER TE. RIDICULOUS!

When you're in the same division as New England and your GM is a moron in the first place, you absolutely do need a 1st rounder.

JonE, besides your blatant homerism, can you please inform us as to some positives of this trade?

Yeah..we get the same type player at 38, as we would have had at 26

TB said there were only 18-20 1st round grades he gave out

So we save $$$$$$$, get out of no mans land...and keep our picks

I love the deal...now we can deal a 5th or a few 5ths to move up if need be

Great deal!!

I just got home a little while ago and I can not believe this trade-I am sure all that can be said about how bad a move this is has been said by many others. To get Jolley a guy that can not even start for Raiders - I just would have given Baker a chance to win the job on his own instead of this move!

Yeah..we get the same type player at 38, as we would have had at 26

TB said there were only 18-20 1st round grades he gave out

So we save $$$$$$$, get out of no mans land...and keep our picks

I love the deal...now we can deal a 5th or a few 5ths to move up if need be

Great deal!!

WRONG! There are 32 legitimate prospects in this draft. 32. IF THAT. We are now outside of that 32. Check this out, pimp-slap:

http://www.draftdaddy.com/prospects/bigBoard.cfm

We moved 12 spots....and now have our starting TE...great move

And TS

I think you nad I need to have a bet about the type of year Jolley has

I don;t think any TE under Callahan and Turner would be any good

Jolley in '02 was a stud...on even par with McMichael

So..basically, we just got a McMichael type TE

I'll take it =D>

I agree JonE.

This was a solid deal IMO.

The value in this draft is in the second round.

Jets get a very good starting TE whom has been mismanaged under Norv/Callahan.

Now the Jets just ink Dyson on saturday and get great value with the rest of the draft, and lastly pick up a June 1st cut. Then this team is all set.

Ok, now this isn't so bad.

Seriously. I think I can live with this.

At #38, in some of the mocks I've seen(NFL draft countdown.com), guys like Mike Patterson, Mike Nugent, CJ Mosely, Adam Terry, Marcus Johnson, etc are still available.

If shrewd, Terry and Co. can pick up some really good players.

I feel a bit better.

WRONG! There are 32 legitimate prospects in this draft. 32. IF THAT. We are now outside of that 32. Check this out, pimp-slap:

http://www.draftdaddy.com/prospects/bigBoard.cfm

Tom

We need a big hitting safety

Shazor anyone?

Poole could fall this far

AAns we pick up a Jon Babineaux, and/or a Hawthorne or Mosely..and I'm happy as hell

Randy Starke fell out to the 3rd round last year, as did Strait........we'll get a gem at 38

PLUS..we get Dinger to show why he's here

I'm so friggin' happy, I can't take it \:D/

How can you all say Jolley sucked because of Callahan/Turner?

Guess who his head coach was when he put up decent numbers as a rookie: BILL CALLAHAN!!!

And, of course a tight end can't flourish under Norv Turner. Ever heard of Jay Novacek?

How can you all say Jolley sucked because of Callahan/Turner?

Guess who his head coach was when he put up decent numbers as a rookie: BILL CALLAHAN!!!

And, of course a tight end can't flourish under Norv Turner. Ever heard of Jay Novacek?

Gruden was his HC his Rookie year

We got ourselves a GREAT TE =D>

You guys are missing the point. Doug Jolley is not worth sh*t. The Jets will spin this and say that they essentially moved down 12 spots for two sixths and Jolley (a fourth) but that is just spin. Doug Jolley, I swear to GOD, is a 2nd TE. He is Stephen Alexander. I sh*t you not. We could have just dropped our 2nd rounder on Denver for Putzier. We have Doug ******* Jolley and are now OUT of contention for Justin Miller and Heath Miller. This is apocalyptic. This is DOUG JOLLEY. I would have even taken back Asomughe, the safety prospect in this deal. We have an injury prone TE who is not as good as Adam Bergen.

No, he wasn't. His rookie year was their Super Bowl year.

Yep...his rookie year they Beat the Jets in Oakland....k

I was at the game...and he played, gruden wa the coach

Callahan took over the following year, and played Gruden and the Bucs

Tom

We need a big hitting safety

Shazor anyone?

Poole could fall this far

AAns we pick up a Jon Babineaux, and/or a Hawthorne or Mosely..and I'm happy as hell

Randy Starke fell out to the 3rd round last year, as did Strait........we'll get a gem at 38

PLUS..we get Dinger to show why he's here

I'm so friggin' happy, I can't take it \:D/

I agree with you, Dinger will mold him into the type of player we will appreciate this coming season. Picking up Shazor at #38 would be huge.

Archived