The "Why is this all about TX" Edition of Post of the Week - November 8, 2006

GreenBeans

Welcome boys and girls to this week's edition of POTW. It's been an exciting week around here with some good posts, so let's get right to it!

The nominations were:

-----

Originally Posted by PatsFanTX

"The Cleveland Joke"

(Editor's Note: Is this an "inside" joke?)

-----

(Topic: If JetNation was a food, what food would it be?)

Originally Posted by Smizzy

Kielbasa!!

meats-kielbasa.jpg

(Editor's Note: Can't beat that meat.)

-----

Originally Posted by Garb

I'm pretty sure TX's fantasy is using your ta-ta's as a flotation device in his helmet shaped hot tub.

(Editor's Note: Anyone else loving all this ta-ta talk as of late?)

-----

Originally Posted by joewilly

hey garb, seriously, i'm gonna try not to laugh out loud when tx knocks you down on the way to the last seat in the lifeboat

joewilly has been on fire the last few weeks.

Seriously, Annie Oakley would shoot me right in the arse before I would be able to say noodle-arm.

TX would be too busy posting on the 17 Rival Fan Boards he's a member of to even notice that his ship was sinking.

(Editor's Note: That's it? Just 17? Getting slack, ehhh TX.)

-----

Originally Posted by Alk

So who here has had theirs pulled? I'm going in on Dec. 1 to have all four pulled. My only concern is the Big 12 Championship is the next day and I was planning on going. How did you guys feel the next day? I realize that I'm not going to be able to eat anything or most likely drink any beer but as long as I'm not completely miserable I'm going to try to go to the game.

Originally Posted by Verde

I strongly suggest that you don't get them pulled.. You need what little wisdom and teeth you have!

(Editor's Note: Damn that's cold, V...)

-----

Originally Posted by Jet Moses

Yeah OK, Dirty Sanchez. Whatever.

Pats won a SB two years ago. Hooray. Is the parade over? Did you wash your underwear yet? It don't mean sht, now. Fact is, your last "big game" you got your a*s kicked by the Broncos. You got your *ss kicked by the Broncos again this year. You just got your *ss kicked by the Colts, on national TV.

Is your self esteem so fragile that the only way to make yourself feel important is to troll a Jets MB? Why not troll a Dolphins MB? They have a worse record than us. You can even shove a roll of socks down your crotch, too.

(Editor's Note: You called TX a troll and said he had a small member all in one post! Immmmmpressive.)

-----

I wasn't "avoiding a statement" 'cos I never compared the Jets to the Broncos. Hey, we know we suck. We still stick by our team. Unlike you bandwagon homos. Take your "dynasty" and your trophies and stick 'em in your *ss. You can ride the tower of power with Tommy Brady.

You lost your last playoff game. Winning a SB two years ago means about as much as winning one in 1969.

How much shelf life do you think you can exhaust from shadows of yesterdays triumph? You're a joke. Face facts, your team sucks, your owner is a douche bag who f*cks his fans with $107.00 face value on the ticket or some such sht, he fcks you with 35 dollar parking fees (35 dollars!!!) and he just fcked your superstar QB on a long term contract.

Shhhh! Did you hear that?

Sounds like the wheels are coming off!

(Editor's Note: The wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round, round and round...)

-----

The Runner-up of the Week Sponsored by PatsFanTX

(Topic: How about this for a bet Alk)

Originally Posted by Alk

Alright then, a deal's a deal. You can send the CD to TX, you'll have to PM him for his address.

Are you friggn' nuts?

That package from SoFla would probably contain a bomb.

(Editor's Note: unibomber-718381.gif)

-----

Originally Posted by Dirtywater

Who knows. At this point we'll be lucky to even complete one pass.

Pats receivers have noodle fingers.

(Editor's Note: Now THAT'S funny!)

-----

Originally Posted by Max

This should be an easy game to get tickets for. Just be careful as you are walking up to the stadium on gameday. With the wheels falling off the bandwagon I don't want anyone to get hit with flying debris.

(Editor's Note: Found it - integrity preserved - I think?)

-----

Originally Posted by Bugg

"Becht" and "hands" in the same sentence-something not right about that.

(Editor's Note: The only way it works if it has "stone", "brick", "sh!t" in front of "hands")

----

Originally Posted by Thor99

Cut it out. We all know that GG isn't evil.

(Editor's Note: She's not, gg is the BEST!)

-----

(Topic: How come the Pats can't beat any good teams?)

13, please spend a little time practicing on the use of the quote feature.

It's really not that hard.

Originally Posted by Jetfan13

spin away TX

(Editor's Note: TX does not spin, he alters facts to his own unique reality)

-----

Originally Posted by ChanTheMaster

It is true however that I decided to sign up when Tx left the other site. I enjoy Tx's posts and especially like the way he gets under delusional fans skin that think the Jets are SB bound and Penny is an elite QB.

(Editor's Note: Chan, I am your father...<says TX in his deepest voice>)

-----

It is true however that I decided to sign up when Tx left the other site. I enjoy Tx's posts and especially like the way he gets under delusional fans skin that think the Jets are SB bound and Penny is an elite QB.

POTW nomination.

Originally Posted by BwanaZulia

-1 POTW

BZ

(Editor's Note: BZ giveth, and BZ taketh away)

-----

Originally Posted by Jetcane

Has Dirt water posted since the PATS LOST last night?

Originally Posted by raffyD

Of course he hasn't, he's still massaging away the pain on his inflatable Brady doll.

(Editor's Note: EEEEWwwwwwwwww.)

-----

Go hug your 1969 Super Bowl trophy.

Originally Posted by Untouchable

And you go back to bed and focus on your dreamworld where the land is filled with cotton candy clouds, gumdrop castles, and the Pats are still holding a Lombardi trophy.

(Editor's Note: TX gave up LSD back in the 70's so he's not seeing that world anymore. Of course the side effects have put him in his own little happy place, but unless you can split the atom you'll never quite understand.)

-----

Originally Posted by JetFanByMarriage

Do you have any fun plans for the weekend????

Troll Jets message boards.

(Editor's Note: Often times truth is funnier than fiction.)

-----

Originally Posted by spjets

means nothing if aint tappin it..:D

Originally Posted by Brenjetsfan

the only thing he was tappin was the beer kEG

(Editor's Note: G.O.B., I'm disappointed in you. Just one keg?)

-----

Originally Posted by faba

Drink:

* Social drinker, maybe one or two

Brenda you sure this is a match good for you?

(Editor's Note: faba needs to speak up more - you're one funny dude!)

-----

Originally Posted by GreenMachine

This is my favorite weekly thread on the net...

It is a poor mans version of VH1's Best Week Ever!!

(Editor's Note: GM should win the POTW for this comment, but my internal honor code will not let me do it. Thank you for the kind words, GM!)

-----

Max, you know damn well I am privy to special pics that most members of this board will never see.

Originally Posted by Green DNA

No biggy, we really have no desire to see Max and Smizzy naked

(Editor's Note: EEWWWWwwwwwwwwwwwwww times two)

-----

Originally Posted by Max

Cmon NYJetsPatriotsChick -- you are my girl, lol.

(Editor's Note: No you didn't....)

-----

Originally Posted by greengal

i think that there will be a sleeponthedamncouch sign waiting for you when you get home!

(Editor's Note: That's not funny gg. Well actually it is but it's dragging back too many memories.)

-----

My internet connection sucks today. It is taking forever for pages to load on all sites. UGH!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Max

My bad. I should have let you know about this in advance. I put in a CLEANTHEFRIGGINHOUSE filter yesterday.

(Editor's Note: Maxman starring in the remake of "The Honeymooners"? Perhaps...)

-----

Originally Posted by jetheelz

I saw Garb once, but we never conversed.

I am sure she is nice though.

Originally Posted by Max

Same thing happened to me. I went home that night feeling bad that I didn't get the chance to talk to her.

You know what I did the next time I met her?

I brought more quarters.

(Editor's Note: Goodness gracious...)

-----

(Topic: Thanksgiving Day Games)

Originally Posted by The Big Green Douche

As Bill Simmons would say "Harrington; Kitna; its the NFL ON CBS!!!"

(Editor's Note: The only thing better - "Walters; Bollinger; its the NFL ON CBS!!!")

-----

Originally Posted by docdhc

I agree with Sperm that we aren't losing much from a football standpoint because Curtis didn't have much left, but sentimentally speaking, I have to be sad to not have him on the team. He gave the Jets credibility when he came, and he played great for many years. I will miss him.

Originally Posted by Max

Good post! The reality is that as fans we can root for Curtis. As a coach Mangini has to look at it differently.

The money stuff is a huge issue, that contract is bad. BUT -- this team has a Hall Of Famer. His name is Curtis. He gave the Jets an identity. Sure we all wanted more. But think about where this franchise has been.

Curtis is all class. I have said this about Chad as well. But if every player on the roster had Curt's heart and determination this franchise would be in much better shape.

(Editor's Note: Great posts - best of luck to #28!)

-----

TX - noodlebrain

(Editor's Note: Noodlebrain. Ha! That's an improvement over the Noodle - ahhh - member G.O.B. mentioned last week about TX)

------

And this week's winner, mostly because it addresses a major problem with today's NFL and football fans in general was:

Most overused term in football:

HE'S ON MY FANTASY TEAM!

Makes me want to ****ing puke.

Congrats go out to 80 on his win - and yes, folks, that is not a sentence I EVER thought I'd be typing in a POTW thread - ever. The funny thing is - he earned the POTW before TX. ;) Nice job, 80.

The Assist of the Week this week goes to my GreenMachine for his very intelligent and well thought out post about this thread. GM is A-OK in my book!

That's all this week folks - enjoy the games. Ohh, and I just received some GREAT NEWS moments ago - I'm an uncle to a healthy baby girl! Good stuff! Ok, that's all folks - y'all be cool!

GB

The Assist of the Week this week goes to my GreenMachine for his very intelligent and well thought out post about this thread. GM is A-OK in my book!

That's all this week folks - enjoy the games. Ohh, and I just received some GREAT NEWS moments ago - I'm an uncle to a healthy baby girl! Good stuff! Ok, that's all folks - y'all be cool!

GB

WTF? I had the assist on two nominees and I don't win assist of the week? You really are biased.

p.s. congrats on the niece. I'm sure Sawyer won't discriminate against her for being a Jets fan so keep him in mind. ;)

WTF? I had the assist on two nominees and I don't win assist of the week? You really are biased.

p.s. congrats on the niece. I'm sure Sawyer won't discriminate against her for being a Jets fan so keep him in mind. ;)

I think Alk is onto something here-an assist category here Greenbeans.Lou Costello needed Bud Abbot.Jerry Lewis had Dean, Belushi had Ackroyd,Tex has Greengal.

I nominate Alk for this week's assist leader

I think Alk is onto something here-an assist category here Greenbeans.Lou Costello needed Bud Abbot.Jerry Lewis had Dean, Belushi had Ackroyd,Tex has Greengal.

I nominate Alk for this week's assist leader

Hey, don't try to be all nice to me now. :)

Welcome boys and girls to this week's edition of POTW.It's been an exciting week around here with some good posts, so let's get right to it!

The nominations were:

-----

"The Cleveland Joke"

(Editor's Note: Is this an "inside" joke?)

-----

(Topic: If JetNation was a food, what food would it be?)

Originally Posted by Smizzy

Kielbasa!!

meats-kielbasa.jpg

(Editor's Note: Can't beat that meat.)

-----

I'm pretty sure TX's fantasy is using your ta-ta's as a flotation device in his helmet shaped hot tub.

(Editor's Note: Anyone else loving all this ta-ta talk as of late?)

-----

Originally Posted by joewilly

hey garb, seriously, i'm gonna try not to laugh out loud when tx knocks you down on the way to the last seat in the lifeboat

joewilly has been on fire the last few weeks.

Seriously, Annie Oakley would shoot me right in the arse before I would be able to say noodle-arm.

TX would be too busy posting on the 17 Rival Fan Boards he's a member of to even notice that his ship was sinking.

(Editor's Note: That's it? Just 17? Getting slack, ehhh TX.)

-----

Originally Posted by Alk

So who here has had theirs pulled? I'm going in on Dec. 1 to have all four pulled. My only concern is the Big 12 Championship is the next day and I was planning on going. How did you guys feel the next day? I realize that I'm not going to be able to eat anything or most likely drink any beer but as long as I'm not completely miserable I'm going to try to go to the game.

Originally Posted by Verde

I strongly suggest that you don't get them pulled.. You need what little wisdom and teeth you have!

(Editor's Note: Damn that's cold, V...)

-----

Yeah OK, Dirty Sanchez. Whatever.

Pats won a SB two years ago. Hooray. Is the parade over? Did you wash your underwear yet? It don't mean sht, now. Fact is, your last "big game" you got your a*s kicked by the Broncos. You got your *ss kicked by the Broncos again this year. You just got your *ss kicked by the Colts, on national TV.

Is your self esteem so fragile that the only way to make yourself feel important is to troll a Jets MB? Why not troll a Dolphins MB? They have a worse record than us. You can even shove a roll of socks down your crotch, too.

(Editor's Note: You called TX a troll and said he had a small member all in one post! Immmmmpressive.)

-----

I wasn't "avoiding a statement" 'cos I never compared the Jets to the Broncos. Hey, we know we suck. We still stick by our team. Unlike you bandwagon homos. Take your "dynasty" and your trophies and stick 'em in your *ss. You can ride the tower of power with Tommy Brady.

You lost your last playoff game. Winning a SB two years ago means about as much as winning one in 1969.

How much shelf life do you think you can exhaust from shadows of yesterdays triumph? You're a joke. Face facts, your team sucks, your owner is a douche bag who f*cks his fans with $107.00 face value on the ticket or some such sht, he fcks you with 35 dollar parking fees (35 dollars!!!) and he just fcked your superstar QB on a long term contract.

Shhhh! Did you hear that?

Sounds like the wheels are coming off!

(Editor's Note: The wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round, round and round...)

-----

The Runner-up of the Week Sponsored by PatsFanTX

(Topic: How about this for a bet Alk)

Originally Posted by Alk

Alright then, a deal's a deal. You can send the CD to TX, you'll have to PM him for his address.

Are you friggn' nuts?

That package from SoFla would probably contain a bomb.

(Editor's Note: unibomber-718381.gif)

-----

Originally Posted by Dirtywater

Who knows. At this point we'll be lucky to even complete one pass.

Pats receivers have noodle fingers.

(Editor's Note: Now THAT'S funny!)

-----

Originally Posted by Max

This should be an easy game to get tickets for. Just be careful as you are walking up to the stadium on gameday. With the wheels falling off the bandwagon I don't want anyone to get hit with flying debris.

(Editor's Note: Found it - integrity preserved - I think?)

-----

Originally Posted by Bugg

"Becht" and "hands" in the same sentence-something not right about that.

(Editor's Note: The only way it works if it has "stone", "brick", "sh!t" in front of "hands")

----

Originally Posted by Thor99

Cut it out. We all know that GG isn't evil.

(Editor's Note: She's not, gg is the BEST!)

-----

(Topic: How come the Pats can't beat any good teams?)

13, please spend a little time practicing on the use of the quote feature.

It's really not that hard.

Originally Posted by Jetfan13

spin away TX

(Editor's Note: TX does not spin, he alters facts to his own unique reality)

-----

(Editor's Note: Chan, I am your father...<says TX in his deepest voice>)

-----

POTW nomination.

Originally Posted by BwanaZulia

-1 POTW

BZ

(Editor's Note: BZ giveth, and BZ taketh away)

-----

Originally Posted by Jetcane

Has Dirt water posted since the PATS LOST last night?

Originally Posted by raffyD

Of course he hasn't, he's still massaging away the pain on his inflatable Brady doll.

(Editor's Note: EEEEWwwwwwwwww.)

-----

Go hug your 1969 Super Bowl trophy.

Originally Posted by Untouchable

And you go back to bed and focus on your dreamworld where the land is filled with cotton candy clouds, gumdrop castles, and the Pats are still holding a Lombardi trophy.

(Editor's Note: TX gave up LSD back in the 70's so he's not seeing that world anymore. Of course the side effects have put him in his own little happy place, but unless you can split the atom you'll never quite understand.)

-----

Do you have any fun plans for the weekend????

Troll Jets message boards.

(Editor's Note: Often times truth is funnier than fiction.)

-----

Originally Posted by spjets

means nothing if aint tappin it..:D

Originally Posted by Brenjetsfan

the only thing he was tappin was the beer kEG

(Editor's Note: G.O.B., I'm disappointed in you. Just one keg?)

-----

Originally Posted by faba

Drink:

* Social drinker, maybe one or two

Brenda you sure this is a match good for you?

(Editor's Note: faba needs to speak up more - you're one funny dude!)

-----

Originally Posted by GreenMachine

This is my favorite weekly thread on the net...

It is a poor mans version of VH1's Best Week Ever!!

(Editor's Note: GM should win the POTW for this comment, but my internal honor code will not let me do it. Thank you for the kind words, GM!)

-----

Max, you know damn well I am privy to special pics that most members of this board will never see.

Originally Posted by Green DNA

No biggy, we really have no desire to see Max and Smizzy naked

(Editor's Note: EEWWWWwwwwwwwwwwwwww times two)

-----

Originally Posted by Max

Cmon NYJetsPatriotsChick -- you are my girl, lol.

(Editor's Note: No you didn't....)

-----

i think that there will be a sleeponthedamncouch sign waiting for you when you get home!

(Editor's Note: That's not funny gg. Well actually it is but it's dragging back too many memories.)

-----

My internet connection sucks today. It is taking forever for pages to load on all sites. UGH!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Max

My bad. I should have let you know about this in advance. I put in a CLEANTHEFRIGGINHOUSE filter yesterday.

(Editor's Note: Maxman starring in the remake of "The Honeymooners"? Perhaps...)

-----

Originally Posted by jetheelz

I saw Garb once, but we never conversed.

I am sure she is nice though.

Originally Posted by Max

Same thing happened to me. I went home that night feeling bad that I didn't get the chance to talk to her.

You know what I did the next time I met her?

I brought more quarters.

(Editor's Note: Goodness gracious...)

-----

(Topic: Thanksgiving Day Games)

Originally Posted by The Big Green Douche

As Bill Simmons would say "Harrington; Kitna; its the NFL ON CBS!!!"

(Editor's Note: The only thing better - "Walters; Bollinger; its the NFL ON CBS!!!")

-----

Originally Posted by docdhc

I agree with Sperm that we aren't losing much from a football standpoint because Curtis didn't have much left, but sentimentally speaking, I have to be sad to not have him on the team. He gave the Jets credibility when he came, and he played great for many years. I will miss him.

Originally Posted by Max

Good post! The reality is that as fans we can root for Curtis. As a coach Mangini has to look at it differently.

The money stuff is a huge issue, that contract is bad. BUT -- this team has a Hall Of Famer. His name is Curtis. He gave the Jets an identity. Sure we all wanted more. But think about where this franchise has been.

Curtis is all class. I have said this about Chad as well. But if every player on the roster had Curt's heart and determination this franchise would be in much better shape.

(Editor's Note: Great posts - best of luck to #28!)

-----

TX - noodlebrain

(Editor's Note: Noodlebrain. Ha! That's an improvement over the Noodle - ahhh - member G.O.B. mentioned last week about TX)

------

And this week's winner, mostly because it addresses a major problem with today's NFL and football fans in general was:

Congrats go out to 80 on his win - and yes, folks, that is not a sentence I EVER thought I'd be typing in a POTW thread - ever. The funny thing is - he earned the POTW before TX. ;) Nice job, 80.

GB

I can see I'm going to have to start nominating myself.

Hey Alk - Look at GM's post again - you understand why now?

You can have the award on Patriotsplanet...this is Jetsnation!!!!!!!!

Spin away!:yahoo:

The funny thing is, I've been so busy that's like the only thing I've posted all week!

Maybe I should start saving my thunder some more... lol

Congrats 80!

(I think i nominated you, but then again I nominate several posts each week, so I was bound to hit on a winner sooner or later. ;)

Archived