Sorry Chad Haters

RSJ

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I really don't know what to tell you. Mangini had an open competition for the QB job. Chad won. I know you've created this fantastic, superman archetype of what an NFL QB should be. Alas, Chad will never measure up.

But just remember one thing, even Elway and Marino were not perfect.

Just because Kellen Clemens has a "stronger throwing arm" that doesn't automatically translate into him being a better QB. I hope that when KC does get his shot to show us all what he can do, that it turns out it's the real deal. But if he's not, well...

I'm gonna tell you what I like to tell that other guy who has all the answers in his crystal ball:

What then, Raisinbran, what then?

I am not even close to being sold on Clemens, but there is an unknown potential upside in him. Chad is 31 next year, he isnt gonna get any better.

I really think everybody is underestimating the importance of arm strength in the meadowlands. Thats the reason we did not take Leinart, IMO, and I am happy about that.

If Clemens gets his shot and flops, so be it. But at least we took the chance on him then continuing down a path of mediocrity with Chad.

I am not even close to being sold on Clemens, but there is an unknown potential upside in him. Chad is 31 next year, he isnt gonna get any better.

I really think everybody is underestimating the importance of arm strength in the meadowlands. Thats the reason we did not take Leinart, IMO, and I am happy about that.

If Clemens gets his shot and flops, so be it. But at least we took the chance on him then continuing down a path of mediocrity with Chad.

Phil Simms' average NFL arm strength didn't seem to mind the meadowlands.

And that would have been the correct throw at that time.

Cotchery was absolutely covered by Hobbs, but the ball hung up in the air for so long, Hobbs leaped a full 6 seconds before the ball arrived.

Sometimes a QB just has faith in his receiver to "go up and get it". Maybe one day Brady will know what that feels like again. Once they stop getting rid of all of his weapons that is.

The fact of the matter is Chad is always going to have his critics due to his physical limitations, but lets face it, Chad Pennington is a winner. He's never going to be Peyton Manning and he's never going to throw the ball 70 Yards in the air. I think most will agree that the job of the QB is to win games. I am not sure exactly what Pennington's record as a starter is, but when Chad's on the field the Jets win games. More importantly i think the team believes in him and the players rally behind him. Imagine a QB switch at this point, Mangini would probably lose the team.

Chad Pennington is a winner.

Why do you keep saying this?

Because it sounds nice and touchy-feely?

What has PennyBoy ever won in his career?

A couple WC playoff games?

In his two biggest games of his career (the divisional playoff games against the Raiders and Steelers) PennyBoy laid an egg of gigantic proportions.

He comes up very small when the Jets need him the most.

Deal with it, they are the facts.

Why do you keep saying this?

Because it sounds nice and touchy-feely?

What has PennyBoy ever won in his career?

A couple WC playoff games?

In his two biggest games of his career (the divisional playoff games against the Raiders and Steelers) PennyBoy laid an egg of gigantic proportions.

He comes up very small when the Jets need him the most.

Deal with it, they are the facts.

lol your a joke.....ill tell you what he did for us this past sunday..beat your star qb and the panzies. ill take that anyday...and he came up big this week when we needed him most...

Jets 1-7 in last 8 games versus the Pats.

That looks eerily similar to the Colts record against the Pats before the last game. And we all know how that turned out. I doubt the Pats ever beat either the Colts or Jets again, at least with their current roster and coaches.

lol your a joke.....ill tell you what he did for us this past sunday..beat your star qb and the panzies. ill take that anyday...and he came up big this week when we needed him most...

How has your BoyWonder performed in real important games, say like the Divisional playoff games, when you lose, you are done?

Thought so.

Finally winning one regular season game does not make PennyBoy a "winner".

How has your BoyWonder performed in real important games, say like the Divisional playoff games, when you lose, you are done?

Thought so.

New Rule: 1st rd post season games are not considered the play-offs.:eek:

Glad to see that Jets 17---Pats 14 Final has brought you back to your pathetic ways.

Thought so.

Chad Pennington is 2-2 as a starter in the playoffs. Yeah, that's not as good as your crushes Aikman, Montana and Brady but that isn't bad by any means either. Pennington has never played with a great offense surrounding and Herm Edwards was his coach for 5 out of his 7 years of the league.

65 td's to 39 interceptions for his career. Yeah that's a real scrub. Even as a Patsy frontrunner you have to admit Chad is a good player.

And I thought I've heard some off-the-wall predictions on this board.

That one just takes the cake.

JonEJet will be very proud.

Shows how stupid you are. My statement is one of the safest possible statements to make. The chances of the roster and coaches all being exactly the same are virtually nil. The only way I can be proven wrong is this season if the Jets and Pats meet in the playoffs, but even then it's still a safe assertion.

Shows how stupid you are. My statement is one of the safest possible statements to make. The chances of the roster and coaches all being exactly the same are virtually nil.

And that was exactly what I was going to call you out on.;)

Over the last 5 years, the average NFL roster changed 23.8% from the current year to the following year.

Archived