Sorry Chad Haters

RSJ

Chad has a reasonable arm for a middle aged guy playing touch football on Saturdays in the park. It really is quite remarkable to see him with his limited throwing skills actually competiting effectively in the NFL. You have to say he is smart as hell and has excellent athletic vision in order to do what he is doing.

He wasn't great yesterday he was okay and for the most part pretty mistake free on a very sloppy track. You have to wonder how long we are going to get away with throwing 5 yard passes on third and 6,7 and 8's and forcing our WR to make first downs. I think you also have to wonder at what point we are going to need him to make throws he simply can't make.

For right now he is perfect for the team and clearly the best QB on the team. It's fair for people who want to see the Jets improve to wonder if Chad is worth investing a fortune in for a real run at the prize. As long as the team is winning, it's fair for he's supporters to shout us down.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chad has a reasonable arm for a middle aged guy playing touch football on Saturdays in the park. It really is quite remarkable to see him with his limited throwing skills actually competiting effectively in the NFL. You have to say he is smart as hell and has excellent athletic vision in order to do what he is doing.

He wasn't great yesterday he was okay and for the most part pretty mistake free on a very sloppy track. You have to wonder how long we are going to get away with throwing 5 yard passes on third and 6,7 and 8's and forcing our WR to make first downs. I think you also have to wonder at what point we are going to need him to make throws he simply can't make.

For right now he is perfect for the team and clearly the best QB on the team. It's fair for people who want to see the Jets improve to wonder if Chad is worth investing a fortune in for a real run at the prize. As long as the team is winning, it's fair for he's supporters to shout us down.

Biggs did you SEE some of those throws over LBers to the left?You know how hard it is to make that throw?The game has changed from when I was a kid to now-gone are the days of Lamonica, Namath, Unitas,and Hadl bomb contests it's a bout the 3 to 5 step drop and getting rid of the ball before you get killed back there-Brady does it great and Chad is not too far behind him

Biggs did you SEE some of those throws over LBers to the left?You know how hard it is to make that throw?

Nothing at all to do with Chad, but I seriously hope schott takes that play out of the book. chad made very nice throws there, but the risk/reward of that play just isn't worth it. We gain 5 yards or so on that when successful. If Chad throws it a hair short it is an instant 7 points for the opponent.

Nothing at all to do with Chad, but I seriously hope schott takes that play out of the book. chad made very nice throws there, but the risk/reward of that play just isn't worth it. We gain 5 yards or so on that when successful. If Chad throws it a hair short it is an instant 7 points for the opponent.

I hear you, but I think that play was situational. In the rain, the back is one-on-one with an LB and it was probably too slick for a DB to peel off and try to make a play. I don't think you'll see that play at Minnesota. It's not only a 3 yard gain though because you are hoping the back can beat the LB up the sideline and break some db tackles.

And which QB's team is in 1st place in the AFCE?

It is the team that hasn't beaten anyone with a winning record, has lost two in a row and is 2-5 at home.

Oh, and the one that the QB that was **** on by his own front office when they let all of his weapons get away because they are cheap.

BZ

Biggs did you SEE some of those throws over LBers to the left?You know how hard it is to make that throw?The game has changed from when I was a kid to now-gone are the days of Lamonica, Namath, Unitas,and Hadl bomb contests it's a bout the 3 to 5 step drop and getting rid of the ball before you get killed back there-Brady does it great and Chad is not too far behind him

SF-They were nice throws but do you seriously believe either of those throws were worth the risk? What did we get out of those throws? It's one thing to make a high risk throw that has a high reward to it, it's another thing to praise a high risk throw that's at best netting you 5 yards.

Chad won't throw it a hair short, he's that good.

Pennington had all day in the pocket, Brady was getting smacked in the mouth every time he dropped back.

Our defense won the game. Not Pennington, and his 1/1 ratio. You can say Coles should have caught that long pass, but you can also spin it that that Hobbs should have intercepted the Cotchery TD pass.

Pennington didnt suck yesterday, I never said he did. But please, he was far from good. He was decent at best, like he has been the last 5 games.

Pennington had all day in the pocket, Brady was getting smacked in the mouth every time he dropped back.

Our defense won the game. Not Pennington, and his 1/1 ratio. You can say Coles should have caught that long pass, but you can also spin it that that Hobbs should have intercepted the Cotchery TD pass.

Pennington didnt suck yesterday, I never said he did. But please, he was far from good. He was decent at best, like he has been the last 5 games.

I would side with Barton -Chad played good not great- our defensive game plan and improved running game helped too. The receivers made several outstanding catches that make Chad look better. Old saying do not complain about winning- especially against the Pats.

Whoa

2-3 at home

4-0 on the road

How's that new and improved field working out for ya?

Hey, $350,000,000 doesn't buy you what it used to.*

BZ

* That and the highest fan cost index in the entire league. Amazing what it costs to park in the middle of no where.

We'll most likely need to upgrade the QB position at some point, but it won't be as quickly as I thought we would have to. Clemens will probably start eventually, but probably not this year or the next. I think he will probably start from Year 3 if Chad's limitations become dehabilitating for this team by Year 2.

We'll most likely need to upgrade the QB position at some point, but it won't be as quickly as I thought we would have to. Clemens will probably start eventually, but probably not this year or the next. I think he will probably start from Year 3 if Chad's limitations become dehabilitating for this team by Year 2.

The worst possible thing is happening for Jets fans.

PennyBoy is just playing well enough not to be yanked in favor of Clemens.

Jets will probably finish 8-8 or 9-7 and miss the playoffs.

Jets go with PennyBoy in 2007 and again he leads them to an 8-8 or 9-7 season and miss the playoffs.

Not seeing if Clemens can be the franchise QB will set the Jets back another 2 or 3 years.

BTW, how is Tony Romo doing?;)

Take a look at his TD to INT ratio.

Have you Watched the games this year? most of his INT's were tiped passes or 4th down or it was just a lob at the end of a game. Go count how many INT's he has to where he mad a bad decisssion.

but who cares about how chad played! geez! WE BEAT THE PATRIOTS!!! in they're house!! and our D showed signes of life! they had a great day. I just want to see them play this way the rest of the year!

Have you Watched the games this year? most of his INT's were tiped passes or 4th down or it was just a lob at the end of a game. Go count how many INT's he has to where he mad a bad decisssion.

but who cares about how chad played! geez! WE BEAT THE PATRIOTS!!! in they're house!! and our D showed signes of life! they had a great day. I just want to see them play this way the rest of the year!

How about the one yesterday that bounced off Coles facemask after it went right through the Hobbit's hands.

And if the Hobbitt had more than a 1.23 inch vertical jump, Cotchery's TD should have been an INT as well.

65 tds to 39 ints. Is that supposed to be bad?

No but 10 to 9 isn't good and that's what it is. If you think he is throwing as well as he did in 02 or has close to that kind of accuracy since he has been hurt you are just being argumentitive. He is currently ranked 20th in the NFL this year based on this years stats.

No but 10 to 9 isn't good and that's what it is. If you think he is throwing as well as he did in 02 or has close to that kind of accuracy since he has been hurt you are just being argumentitive. He is currently ranked 20th in the NFL this year based on this years stats.

Biggs,

The PennyPhobes don't believe in stats.

Do you know if you took away all his tipped passes, 4th down desparation passes and Hail Mary's, that PennyBoy's TD/INT ratio would be 10 to 2.

He is clearly a top 5 QB this year regardless if the stats have him ranked in the bottom half of all NFL QB's.

Biggs,

The PennyPhobes don't believe in stats.

Do you know if you took away all his tipped passes, 4th down desparation passes and Hail Mary's, that PennyBoy's TD/INT ratio would be 10 to 2.

He is clearly a top 5 QB this year regardless if the stats have him ranked in the bottom half of all NFL QB's.

17 -14 Final.

Guess I'm "just being argumentative." No, I don't think he's been as good as '02. '02 was a tremendous year. He hasn't been much worse. There is reason to think he'll improve since he is getting more and more game experience which he missed out on the last few years and his arm strength should be increasing. Yes, I know he has a chicken arm, but throwing ints, is not one of his problems. At least one of his picks was 100% meaningless (last play in the 1st Pats game trying to reach the endzone). Personally, the rankings I see have him at 15th. When you consider that the team has no running game to speak of and EVERYBODY knows it, that's pretty good.

The receivers made several outstanding catches that make Chad look better.

I really hate this type of statement (not you faba, just this type of statement :))

The job of the QB is to get the ball to the playmakers. The QB can't do it all himself. The goal is to get the ball in the hands of the receivers and let them do the work.

When Chad is on target everyone credits the WR's anyway :rolleyes:

Archived