Sorry Chad Haters

RSJ

Did yo see the pass that smacked Coles in the head? Because if you did, you would not be using it as a case to support Pennington. The reason it smacked Coles in the head is because the defender damn near intercepted it as it bounced off his fingertips. that was a poor decision and a poor throw. The deep ball to Coles should have been caught, no doubt. As far as his touch, I'm pretty certain you are referring to the 2 lobs over Colvin's head towards the sideline. Yes that was nice touch, now if only he could gain that type of touch more than 5 yards downfield.

Booz that ball was not "nearly intercepted". It was a ballsy throw and it was slightly tipped. But the bottom line is this. The ball hit the receiver in the face mask. Anytime that happens, I think the receiver will tell you the ball should have been caught.

If you want a QB who is afraid to make that throw then I think we are looking for something different. Why we are even talking about Chad today I am not sure.

The Jets won. Chad managed the game well. Let's not worry about the contract, let's not worry about the salary cap. The Jets won.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Did yo see the pass that smacked Coles in the head? Because if you did, you would not be using it as a case to support Pennington. The reason it smacked Coles in the head is because the defender damn near intercepted it as it bounced off his fingertips. that was a poor decision and a poor throw. The deep ball to Coles should have been caught, no doubt. As far as his touch, I'm pretty certain you are referring to the 2 lobs over Colvin's head towards the sideline. Yes that was nice touch, now if only he could gain that type of touch more than 5 yards downfield.

Ah, the PennyBoy lovers are out in full force today.

Booz is absolutely correct.

Once again, PennyBoy's passes had more air under them than the Hindenburg.

His two nice "touch" passes over Colvin gained 4 yards and 1 yard respectively.

The pass to Cotchery never should have been throw, He was well covered and just because the ball fluttered and hung upo in the air, Cotchery was able to come down with that punt in the end zone.

BTW, PennyBoy's pooch punt had more velocity on it than his passes did.

The pass to Cotchery never should have been throw, He was well covered and just because the ball fluttered and hung upo in the air, Cotchery was able to come down with that punt in the end zone.

Plus, Hobbs is a midget.

Yet he was the best QB on the field yesterday.......go figure.

At the risk of sounding like a homer, Hobbs is wearing a cast on his arm.

MY opinion: Chad 'aint all that....but he was better than Brady yesterday for sure. Mangini's game plan confused the crap out of him. Brady's passes were off. He was harrassed most of the day. The movement on the Jets D caused chaos on the Pats o-line.

Jets fans, you all have a great Head Coach. You have every right to feel real good today.

The Pats D was never shutdown dominat. Their O was never prolific. But the difference was their QB is capable of managing the game very intelligently AND has the physical ability to make a clutch throw when needed.

Do you honestly think the difference between the "dynasty" Pats and the Jets of the last five years was Pennington vs. Brady?

I guess DRob is a lot better than most of you give him credit.

The Patriots advantage was their coaching. You don't get much better than Belichick, Mangini and Weis. Period. Throw in players with field smarts, dicipline and talent and you got yourself a winning formula.

As I've stated before, who exactly is going to know the Pats better than Mangini - the man who's defense played the Pats O in practice all the time? Who is going to be able to find the weakness? Mangini. Give that man two weeks to plan, and good things are going to happen.

I'm soldily in the camp of "coaching matters in football more than any other sport." Jets fans, you have a great head coach. You SHOULD feel good.

The Patriots advantage was their coaching. You don't get much better than Belichick, Mangini and Weis. Period. Throw in players with field smarts, dicipline and talent and you got yourself a winning formula.

As I've stated before, who exactly is going to know the Pats better than Mangini - the man who's defense played the Pats O in practice all the time? Who is going to be able to find the weakness? Mangini. Give that man two weeks to plan, and good things are going to happen.

I'm soldily in the camp of "coaching matters in football more than any other sport." Jets fans, you have a great head coach. You SHOULD feel good.

I truly believe the main reason Bellichick is pissed at EM is because he wanted HIM to take over the Pats when he left-I think the Jets knew it too and that's why they gave him this chance

The thing I was most impressed with is coming off the bye week this team was ready to play and had made the adjustments necessary and had a game plan to play and beat NE. Props to Mangini and staff.

The thing I was most impressed with is coming off the bye week this team was ready to play and had made the adjustments necessary and had a game plan to play and beat NE. Props to Mangini and staff.

yea faba and what I had been saying since the 2nd half of the Cleveland game is the Jets defense finally got it and learned how to stop somebody IN Cleveland-just like how the OL learned something about run blocking at Jacksonville-this CS is good at making lemonade out of lemons

I truly believe the main reason Bellichick is pissed at EM is because he wanted HIM to take over the Pats when he left-I think the Jets knew it too and that's why they gave him this chance

Seems a bit too simple....but maybe you are right. Throw in the monkey wrench that Mangini placed in the Branch situation and you may have one pissed off Belli. Quite frankly, I think it's a guy thing. Ego, puffy chest, death match stuff. Gawd forbid you forgive and forget. Men are interesting creatures for sure.

I think you give him too much credit. I'm sure that BB wanted the team to go in the toilet after he left. If Mangini took over and had success it would drive Belly mad. Kind of like Parcells since BB got Brady. These guys are ego-maniacs.

The Thief couldnt give a crap about what happens after he leaves. He's way too self-consumed to worry about that.

He's p1ssed because his confident left his squirrelly fold for Greener pastures.

I think you are right. Plus, that is the Jets might have something to do with it also.

I think you give him too much credit. I'm sure that BB wanted the team to go in the toilet after he left. If Mangini took over and had success it would drive Belly mad. Kind of like Parcells since BB got Brady. These guys are ego-maniacs.

I do not think so 27. As you said these guys got egos, Belichick has three rings of his own and he is still considered part of the Par$ells coaching tree. Whatever success Mangini has, Belichick would get credit and feed that ego..

I do not think so 27. As you said these guys got egos, Belichick has three rings of his own and he is still considered part of the Par$ells coaching tree. Whatever success Mangini has, Belichick would get credit and feed that ego..

I agree with PF-I don't see that ego-driven crap entering into it if Mangini HAD stayed and taken over-I think it would have been more of a "proud Papa" kind of deal-Garb doesn't give us men enough credit

I agree with PF-I don't see that ego-driven crap entering into it if Mangini HAD stayed and taken over-I think it would have been more of a "proud Papa" kind of deal-Garb doesn't give us men enough credit

You're giving that pos belichick too much credit for having normal emotions.

No way does he care about other people.

He couldnt even bring himself to look EM in the eye when he touched his hand after the game.

Do you honestly think the difference between the "dynasty" Pats and the Jets of the last five years was Pennington vs. Brady?

I guess DRob is a lot better than most of you give him credit.

No, the coaching had alot to do with it as well. The Pats D was better than ours, but they were never shutdown dominant ala the bears/ravens/bucs.

look, I'm not saying that Chad played terribly yesterday, I'm just saying there in nothing to apologize for in my criticism of him. He certainly did not play outstanding yesterday. If I'm grading him he gets a C. But certainly nothing he did yesterday suddenly puts me on a SB bandwagon as the original poster of this thread implied.

See what exactly? WTF game are you Chad lovers watching?

The guy puts up 1 friggen TD and you are all sucking his knob because we won.

Today we won despite of Chad, whether you like to admit it or not. He did nothing outside of the Cotchery throw, which was btw all Cotchery.

Chad beating one of the best teams in the NFL isn't good enough. He now has to put up 5 TD's and 400 yards in order for it to be a good game by him

Hey wasn't Pennington supposed to be unable to beat a good defense?

Chad beating one of the best teams in the NFL isn't good enough. He now has to put up 5 TD's and 400 yards in order for it to be a good game by him

Hey I thought Pennington couldn't beat a good defense?

He still hasn't. ;-)

Does this pig have to wear shirts that don't fit him with cut-off sleeves? What a freak. Did you see that he keeps the challenge flag tucked in his sock? Reebock must be so excited that he wears their clothes, you'd think they'd make him a shirt with a special pocket for the challenge flag.

Obviously, you do not realize the Patriots offseason program is among the best. Constant injuries not withstanding. He has to cut the sleeves so his 24 inch pythons fit.

No, but his performance certainly did not warrant an apology for past critcism, nor does it warrant a SB bandwagon as 5the original poster implied.

No, but his performance certainly did not warrant an apology for past critcism, nor does it warrant a SB bandwagon as 5the original poster implied.

Booz do not waste your time.

I am surprised we did not get a who said Chad cannot complete a 20 yard pass after his pass to Cotchery.

Archived