Some help for TX.

EM31

TX - Serious question - did you think this Jets team had a chance to be over .500 at all after 9 games? I did not.

I'm sticking with my original pre-season prediction that the Jets will win between 6-8 games this season.

If they win 9 or more, I'll be the first in line to give them kuddos.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm sticking with my original pre-season prediction that the Jets will win between 6-8 games this season.

If they win 9 or more, I'll be the first in line to give them kuddos.

One more and they hit the high mark on my guess. You actually gave them more credit than I did. Another serious question: Is Mangini coach of the Year so far?

The Present: Pats still in 1st place in the AFCE.

The Present: Jets are one measley game over .500.

124, look around that one tree so you can see the entire forest.;)

The one measley game over .500 has the Jets tied for the final playoff spot with Jacksonville which I know for now has the ups because of beating us but hey if the Chiefs, Bengals, Jags & the teams currently 2-7 & 3-6 go 9-7 or worse and the Jets go 10-6, guess whose in the playoffs and really... that's not going to be a hard thing to do with who Jacksonville, KC & Cincy have left on the schedule compared to what the Jets have left after Chicago.

Hey, when you're playing a team that you're double-digit underdogs to, and you just lost to the Clowns, you need to take chances. It was taking similar chances that allowed us to have any shot at the Indy game.

It won't always work out - sometimes it will backfire badly & he'll get ripped mercilessly for taking what is perceived as an unnecessary risk.

But this is how a good coach can overcome a team's on-paper inferiority. If everyone played just according to conventional wisdom all the time there would be little to separate good gameday coaches from mediocre ones, or even bad ones.

True. I am just saying Herm does not go for it. If he does it is a pitch 5 yards deep to Cumar.

True. I am just saying Herm does not go for it. If he does it is a pitch 5 yards deep to Cumar.

I'm trying to enjoy this win. Don't spoil it. We never would've been in the game in the first place. Herm would've kept his power-back on the bench & ran Martin into the line for his usual 2ypc vs NE (that ballooned to 3ypc with 9-yard draw plays on 3rd & 15).

In my opinion, yes he is.

Peyton has more to work with than Mangini.

Mangini has done a better overall job.

I agree - Peyton has done a great job but came in with a lot more to work with overall. The big question now is what are the Pats going to do to bounce back from the slump. They're not looking like the driven team we're all used to seeing.

I'm trying to enjoy this win. Don't spoil it. We never would've been in the game in the first place. Herm would've kept his power-back on the bench & ran Martin into the line for his usual 2ypc vs NE (that ballooned to 3ypc with 9-yard draw plays on 3rd & 15).

No doubt about it. It would have been Martin to the right for minus 3 on that 4th down play.

I agree - Peyton has done a great job but came in with a lot more to work with overall. The big question now is what are the Pats going to do to bounce back from the slump. They're not looking like the driven team we're all used to seeing.

This game against Green Bay we will see if this is the beginning of the Pats coming apart possibly or getting it back together with the week after they get the Bears.

This game against Green Bay we will see if this is the beginning of the Pats coming apart possibly or getting it back together with the week after they get the Bears.

The Jets could probably win 2 of the 4 divisions in the NFC.

Green Bay's mini resurgence was against the NFC. Their one loss was to Buffalo.

I am curious to see what they do against the Phins. Especially, if they continue their better play.

Archived