Some help for TX.

EM31

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As of right now, it's still the same business as usual for the Pats.

"As of right now, it's still the same business as usual for the Pats."

PatsFanTx.... November 13, 2006

"It's only a little ice. Full steam ahead."

Captain Edward John Smith....... April 14, 1912

TX, don't think of this as gloating. It is not. We are not here to gloat. We are simply concerned about what appears to be the beginnings of a meltdown by the Patriots organization. The Patriots are a rival yes, but any concern from here is for a fellow AFC East team. What do you think could be the cause of this meltdown? Do you feel that this is only a temporary choke or are the ingredients in place for a more permanent trip into "bottom feeder" land? Are we witnessing evidence of deeper problems up there in Foxboro I wonder.

EM, the next couple weeks will answer the questions that you pose.

After the loss to the Broncos, the Pats followed that up with a very strong game in Cincy.

Yeasterday raised a pretty big red flag because for the first time in 4 years, the Pats were unable to bounce back from a loss.

After the loss to the Broncos, the Pats followed that up with a very strong game in Cincy.

Yeasterday raised a pretty big red flag because for the first time in 4 years, the Pats were unable to bounce back from a loss.

Pats play at Green Bay which has been playing better the last couple of weeks- this is the test of how the Pats are going to respond this year to adversity.

How many divisional games have they lost at home in that span?

TX, don't think of this as gloating. It is not. We are not here to gloat. We are simply concerned about what appears to be the beginnings of a meltdown by the Patriots organization.

WHAT?!?!?!

Let's not forget that this is a JETS fan site! The HELL we aren't gloating. I'm gloating and I have every right to! If some Patsie doesn't like it then screw him! He can go get pissed off about our gloating on a Pats website. And not for nothing... gloating is what every Pats fan has been doing on this site since it was started. Suddenly they lose a game and realize that the dynasty that was the Pats during the early 2000s is no longer and they get annoyed at US for GLOATING?!?!?!?! PSHAH!!!!!! Go ahead, EM... gloat... it's FUN!!!!

WHAT?!?!?!

Let's not forget that this is a JETS fan site! The HELL we aren't gloating. I'm gloating and I have every right to! If some Patsie doesn't like it then screw him! He can go get pissed off about our gloating on a Pats website. And not for nothing... gloating is what every Pats fan has been doing on this site since it was started. Suddenly they lose a game and realize that the dynasty that was the Pats during the early 2000s is no longer and they get annoyed at US for GLOATING?!?!?!?! PSHAH!!!!!! Go ahead, EM... gloat... it's FUN!!!!

I'm surprised Jet fans even know how to gloat.

I'm surprised Jet fans even know how to gloat.

"Eric was here, so he knows what we do, but there are no excuses," Seymour said. "They outplayed us and outcoached us today"

For Jets fans the big story of course is the win. For Pats fans the big story besides the loss is this statement.

Addressing Mangini as Eric, is not an accident. IMO Lil Bill annoyed his own players. Both with his immature behavior leading up to the game, and on the handshake, and his treatment of productive players.

This is going to to be a real problem up there if Lil Bill doesn't do something to win this team back. I don't think he is capable of stepping back and seeing that he made both his players and the Jets players angry.

TX,

Just having a little fun. I am not sure that even a weakened Pats team is not still the prohibitive favorite to win the division this year. My opinion for what it is worth on yesterday's game is that the Jets were highly motivated and healthy coming off their bye week and they got blitz happy for almost the only time this year. Your team got caught napping just a little bit. Add the rain and the crappy field conditions into the mix, a recipe for a low scoring affair, and you had the ingredients for what we saw unfold yesterday.

Still and all for a team who started the year in bottom feeder land (the Jets), wins like this are more important to our franchise than the importance of any damage at this point is to yours.

If Coles doesn't drop the bomb and a couple of other very catchable balls did not get dropped then the game yesterday was probably not as close as the final score makes it seem. I can't blame the recievers too much since Cotchery bailed Chad out of an interception late and the receivers were winning 50-50 balls all day long. Chad is indeed disproving critics and think that this much is beginning to be obvious. If it is one step at a time and one disbeiever at a time then that is how it needs to be.

It seems we are doomed to not have a very high draft pick next year and so I am hoping the Redskins #2 pick turns out to be a good'un.

WHAT?!?!?!

16G,

I was indeed sticking the knife in and twisting it but in a way that is somewhat peculiar to the pattern established by TX in some of his interactions here.

Think of it as somewhat along the lines of me offering TX a chit sandwich on a silver tray and then inquiring if he would like any Grey Poupon with that.

And you're right by the way. It is FUN !!!

TX,

Just having a little fun. I am not sure that even a weakened Pats team is not still the prohibitive favorite to win the division this year. My opinion for what it is worth on yesterday's game is that the Jets were highly motivated and healthy coming off their bye week and they got blitz happy for almost the only time this year. Your team got caught napping just a little bit. Add the rain and the crappy field conditions into the mix, a recipe for a low scoring affair, and you had the ingredients for what we saw unfold yesterday.

Still and all for a team who started the year in bottom feeder land (the Jets), wins like this are more important to our franchise than the importance of any damage at this point is to yours.

If Coles doesn't drop the bomb and a couple of other very catchable balls did not get dropped then the game yesterday was probably not as close as the final score makes it seem. I can't blame the recievers too much since Cotchery bailed Chad out of an interception late and the receivers were winning 50-50 balls all day long. Chad is indeed disproving critics and think that this much is beginning to be obvious. If it is one step at a time and one disbeiever at a time then that is how it needs to be.

It seems we are doomed to not have a very high draft pick next year and so I am hoping the Redskins #2 pick turns out to be a good'un.

EM,

Very good post and I really can't disagree with anything you said.

The aggressive play calling by Shotty (two passes on 1st down) on the Jets final possession should not be underestimated. Those three first downs were critical in the outcome of the game.

EM,

Very good post and I really can't disagree with anything you said.

The aggressive play calling by Shotty (two passes on 1st down) on the Jets final possession should not be underestimated. Those three first downs were critical in the outcome of the game.

That had the pats' d reeling! It was either the 3rd or 4th play from scrimmage and the pats were all playing pass, back on their heels because of the pass and schotty calls the draw to barlow who bowls over for a 10 yard gain. That effectively ended the game.

To me, a divisional home loss raises a red flag, in addition to it being the first two loss streak in a while. Those are cracks in the hull.

More so because Belichick plces more importance on them.

I am not so much worried about back-to-back losses, it was going to end someday.

The ineptness of the offense and lack of identity for the offense is more pressing IMHO. The D has done enough the past two weeks. Those losses fall squarely on the Offense.

I think the Patriots game planning to exploit the other team's weakness is sound strategy, but has flaws. The Offense is not a running or passing team and rarely seems to be in rhythm. I think they should go with Maroney fulltime and settle on an identity for the offense. Run or Pass. Make a decision and base your gameplan around making that happen. I think this will get Tom in a rhythm and it will trickle on down.

No wonder you hated Hermie leaving. What are the odds he would've called a single pass on first down in that situation, let alone TWICE?

Mangini has balls the size of his man-boobs.

No wonder you hated Hermie leaving. What are the odds he would've called a single pass on first down in that situation, let alone TWICE?

Mangini has balls the size of his man-boobs.

To be fair, I don't think many HC's/OC's would have called pass plays in those situations, definitely not Hermie.

Convential wisdom says run the ball and eat the clock.

Good HC's go against conventional wisdom in crucial situations like that.

No guts, no glory.

The only downside is if it didn't work and the Jets went 3 and out, you guys would be screaming for heads.

It's all about risk versus reward.

Yesterday, the risk (short pass on 1st down) was relatively low and the reward (3 1st downs and leaving the Pats with no timeouts) was huge.

The only downside is if it didn't work and the Jets went 3 and out, you guys would be screaming for heads.

It's all about risk versus reward.

Yesterday, the risk (short pass on 1st down) was relatively low and the reward (3 1st downs and leaving the Pats with no timeouts) was huge.

He passed on first down; not first, second, and third down for 3 incomplete passes.

The Present: Pats still in 1st place in the AFCE.

The Present: Jets are one measley game over .500.

124, look around that one tree so you can see the entire forest.;)

TX - Serious question - did you think this Jets team had a chance to be over .500 at all after 9 games? I did not.

Or going for it on 4th in the second?

Hey, when you're playing a team that you're double-digit underdogs to, and you just lost to the Clowns, you need to take chances. It was taking similar chances that allowed us to have any shot at the Indy game.

It won't always work out - sometimes it will backfire badly & he'll get ripped mercilessly for taking what is perceived as an unnecessary risk.

But this is how a good coach can overcome a team's on-paper inferiority. If everyone played just according to conventional wisdom all the time there would be little to separate good gameday coaches from mediocre ones, or even bad ones.

Archived