Some help for TX.

EM31

Given the recent loss of his ability to use some of his more trusted and time worn comments, I was hoping this thread could serve as an opportunity for the Jets faithful to offer PatsFanTX some suggestions as to how he can amend his statements to account for the new realities after this past Sunday's game.

Please feel free to add your own. Extra points if you can find a way to use the terms "Pennyboy", "Bottom feeder", "Elite Team" or "Noodle arm" in your responses....

My own humble offerings and to get everyone started...

How many games has Pennyboy won on the road against teams with a winning record WHEN FIRST PLACE IN THE DIVISION IS ON THE LINE? - (Answer none becuase first place was not on the line).

What is Pennyboy's record against winning (non Bottom feeding) teams OUTSIDE THE DIVISION? - (Answer none because, well you catch the drift)

How many games has Pennyboy won against Elite teams IN DECEMBER OR JANUARY When the all the really important games are played?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ha.......Ha......forgot to laugh.

You need to get into the spirit here PFSIKH after all you wouldn't want to develop a reputation as someone who can dish it out but who cannot take it.

Please enumerate if you would the ELITE teams in the NFL so that we can be assured that we take notice when Chad beats ANOTHER one of them. Are the Patsies still an ELITE team despite having been outcoached?

At home...

By a hated former assistant...

In a game with all kinds of Divisional and home field playoff implications....

Who are the BOTTOM FEEDER teams in the NFL PFSIKH? Are the Jets a BOTTOM FEEDER in your book? If so, then how does it happen that an ELITE team like the Patriots get smacked around by a BOTTOM FEEDER?

You need to get into the spirit here PFSIKH after all you wouldn't want to develop a reputation as someone who can dish it out but who cannot take it.

Please enumerate if you would the ELITE teams in the NFL so that we can be assured that we take notice when Chad beats ANOTHER one of them. Are the Patsies still an ELITE team despite having been outcoached?

At home...

By a hated former assistant...

In a game with all kinds of Divisional and home field playoff implications....

Who are the BOTTOM FEEDER teams in the NFL PFSIKH? Are the Jets a BOTTOM FEEDER in your book? If so, then how does it happen that an ELITE team like the Patriots get smacked around by a BOTTOM FEEDER?

No.

The Patriots are a mess. I still think the Patriots, despite their struggles, are the team to contend for the next few seasons in the AFC East. It is obvious they have needs though.

The Jets are potentially a team on the rise. I think Mangini has done a good job so far. However, this was a team everyone was shoveling dirt on two short weeks ago after losing to the Browns.

The bottomline is Mangini and the Jets got the job done yesterday. I am not ready to 'crown' them, but they are moving in the right direction...this week.

You would just think the Jets won the friggn' Super Bowl.:eek:

Funny how the AFCE standings this morning still have the Pats in sole possession of 1st place.

Backed into a corner, are we?

Yes, its just one game...but if the Pats had won you'd be all over this like white on rice on a paper plate in a snowstorm. :)

You would just think the Jets won the friggn' Super Bowl.:eek:

Funny how the AFCE standings this morning still have the Pats in sole possession of 1st place.

Except you have one team regressing and the other with new leadership progressing.

Except you have one team regressing and the other with new leadership progressing.

When you knock off the Pats as AFCE champions (and without the help of a friggn' 3-way tie breaker), then I will agree with you.

As of right now, it's still the same business as usual for the Pats.

Seeing that he has never lost a Super Bowl, exactly what are you basing that statement on?

Oh, now you are going the logical road?

Well, that is how he looked last year when he got beat by Denver (the Patriots and Tom Brady never lose in the Playoffs), how he looked when he lost to Denver again this year (The Pats never lose at home) how he looked when he lost to the Colts at home this year (The Pats always have an answer for the Colts)...

I guess I was just extrapolating out.

BZ

When you knock off the Pats as AFCE champions (and without the help of a friggn' 3-way tie breaker), then I will agree with you.

Really????

2-3 record at HOME.....Lord knows you cannot consitently beat teams with a winning record.....your secondary is among the softest in the NFL.

In back to back games in which a win could have paid huge divedends as to where you play your 2nd rd play-off game your QB and HC crap the bed .

BAU?...If you say so.

Really????

2-3 record at HOME.....Lord knows you cannot consitently beat teams with a winning record.....your secondary is among the softest in the NFL.

In back to back games which with a win could have paid huge divedends as to where you play your 2nd rd play-off game your QB and HC crap the bed .

BAU?...If you say so.

Where were the Steelers this time last year?;)

You want to make sure your team is peaking over the last quarter of the season heading into the playoffs.

That's exactly what the Steelers did last you and you saw the end result.

You want to make sure your team is peaking over the last quarter of the season heading into the playoffs.

So now you are comparing the Pats to other teams??? HAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Oh, how the arrogant have fallen.

Yes but the Steelers can beat the Colts and Broncos.....you guys?....Not anymore sport.....not even on your home field.

Pats secondary was absolutely atrocious.

Some of those balls that Chad threw should've been intercepted and taken to the house.

They didn't break on any of the balls at all, how did this happen?

They know Chad's MO, it's not a secret that he suffers throwing quick out patterns.

It happened because the turf was so ****ing terrible, it allowed the Jets recievers to obtain space, therefore not letting the Pats d-backs bite, in fear they would slip and let Coles or Cotch take it the distance.

The Pats didn't gamble, the Jets did.

The Jets won.

the Jets smacked the Patriots around in the second to last week of the season in 2002, there's no doubt we were the best team in that division in

'02.

I remember when the NASDAQ was in full scale meltdown a few years ago going from ~5000 down into the 1250 range. Equities hawks would come onto the TV almost nightly and tell us what a great buy stocks and particulalry dot com tech stocks still were. Of course, so the logic went, statistically speaking stocks have had a superior rate of return every year since blah blah blah.... As the meltdown continued, those same people would tell us that hey, if you invested in stocks in 1990, then the average rate of return for stocks beat the the average rate of return of bonds. Over time of course, the dates would keep getting further and further back in the past in order for the overall claims to be true... "If you invested $100 in 1985...." then 1980, 1975 and so on.....

Hey if you invested in Tulip bulbs in Amsterdam back in the day.... But I digress.....

The fact of the matter is that people who invested at NASDAQ 5000 still lost three quarters of their money on average when it hit 1250.

So now PatsFanTX is moving the goalposts on us. What a shocker!!! It used to be "Come and talk to me when the Jets beat and elite team"... Now it is "Come and talk to me when they win a division without benefit of a tiebreaker".... Whoohoo!!! Hedging your bets much there TX?

TX, don't think of this as gloating. It is not. We are not here to gloat. We are simply concerned about what appears to be the beginnings of a meltdown by the Patriots organization. The Patriots are a rival yes, but any concern from here is for a fellow AFC East team. What do you think could be the cause of this meltdown? Do you feel that this is only a temporary choke or are the ingredients in place for a more permanent trip into "bottom feeder" land? Are we witnessing evidence of deeper problems up there in Foxboro I wonder.

Clearly since Belichick was unwilling to sit Tom Brady down, the Jets decided to "sit him down" in the mud all day long on Sunday <nudge nudge wink wink>. It was a beautiful thing. I think that the whole disillusionment amongst the Patriots players with the Deion Branch situation did not just go away simply because the Pats front office wished for it to go away...

Archived