For you Jetcane- Miami going to Boise for bowl game!

faba

A couple of buds are trying to talk me into going, but I think I'll pass on expending any more money and energy going to see a coocker-led team play ball. I'll save my money for next year, when hopefully they will turn the damn thing around.

One group is talking about skiing while they're out there, and another group is going to hang in some town in northern nevada and gamble and then drive up to see the game. So, it should be fun.

I'll be content with watching a nice doubleheader that day- Jets-Oakland followed by the Blue Turf Bowl (as long as they dont change the Jets game to a night game, I'm good.)

A couple of buds are trying to talk me into going, but I think I'll pass on expending any more money and energy going to see a coocker-led team play ball. I'll save my money for next year, when hopefully they will turn the damn thing around.

JC - any word on who has the inside track for the job?

Haha, that's the 2nd straight year a Big East-betrayer got stuck freezing their butts off up there. How's that ACC treating you guys? Don't go, JC. You'll go blind looking at that field.

That's if i dont go blind looking at jpgs of Jessica Biel, first ;-)

JC - any word on who has the inside track for the job?

Lots of speculation. This is the fun part.

If they promote from within, it'll be DC Randy Shannon. But they have hired a consultant, so it's a long shot to think they'll stay inside after paying an outside consultant.

Of course, if Llllllarry cooker (he gets an "L" in his name for every loss) finds a new job in the next two weeks, then he might not coach the bowl game, which would be fine with me.

Gimme Norman Chow, no substitutions please.

hey JC WQAM was talking with Drew Rosenhaus a little while ago and they were saying Randy Shannon is probably ahead of Sciano for the job-even though they'd probably WANT Sciano first they think Shannon probably gets the job.Also,Drew reps Greg Olsen (Miami TE) and I think he leaves early-Drew is telling him he's a 1st rounder...

Don't expect any major miracles the first year. I watched the exact same thing happen in Nebraska and the ship still hasn't been completely righted although it's headed in the right direction.

Well 6 wins makes you bowl eligible so they qualify.

Don't care.

Why should .500 teams play in bowl games? 6-5 teams probably shouldn't either. I hate having 7,000 bowl games, there's no need for it. There should be about 16.

But, of course, even though college fans try to tell you it's not, it's all about MONEY, just like every other freakin' league.

Don't care.

Why should .500 teams play in bowl games? 6-5 teams probably shouldn't either. I hate having 7,000 bowl games, there's no need for it. There should be about 16.

But, of course, even though college fans try to tell you it's not, it's all about MONEY, just like every other freakin' league.

Hey, that's just how things are set up.

Just watch the bowls you like, ignore the others. That's what I do.

Hey, that's just how things are set up.

Just watch the bowls you like, ignore the others. That's what I do.

Okay.

January 1st-January 8th

+ the A&M - Cal showdown on the 26th of Dec, that'll be the only good one before the New Year.

Don't expect any major miracles the first year. I watched the exact same thing happen in Nebraska and the ship still hasn't been completely righted although it's headed in the right direction.

Alk, NU is having a great season- Big 12 CG.

But i honestly think the Huskers were in much worse shape than the Canes are now. There is a lot of good young talent on the team, thought QB is a big question mark.

Depending on who they hire and what the OC and DC looks like, I think they will be in good shape. But this is a pivotal moment for the program, and I hope the Little Shalalala Troll does the right thing.

The only reason Miami is going to a bowl game, much less on Dec.31st, is because of their name. Nothing more.

Dont you ever get tired of being wrong?

I can think of only one other poster here with as many posts as you who is wrong more often.

Dont you ever get tired of being wrong?

I can think of only one other poster here with as many posts as you who is wrong more often.

Right.:bwahaharoll:

Tell me what games interest you (besides A&M vs Cal) between December 16th and Decemeber 31st besides your beloved Canes.

I havent even glanced at the bowl matchups yet, so I have no opinion on who is where at this point.

What is interesting is that there will be some coaching musical chairs once the dust settles. There is this hot rumor coming out of Bama that Spurrier is going to coach the Tide. There is also some momentum gaining in the Shannon as Canes HC move, but we will see...

With the conference tie ins as long as you have a 500 record or above and beat enough Division 1 teams you get a bowl bid. It is all about the money with all the bowls.

Some of you act surprised that there is a bottom line here. Yes, the bowl money is a big deal to the schools- sponsors, corporate tents, TV dough, and the schools get subsidized for financing their football program, including travel arrangements and hotels for road games. It costs money to operate a team, even though the players dont get salaries. No big deal. It is what it is.

And from what I have heard, the school presidents will never agree to a playoff system, as things are fine for them the way it is. And what's the problem having college football on TV during the holidays? It works for me. Have some people over, order some food in, hang out with the games on.

SFJ, I may have missed your post, I'll go back and check it out.

hey JC WQAM was talking with Drew Rosenhaus a little while ago and they were saying Randy Shannon is probably ahead of Sciano for the job-even though they'd probably WANT Sciano first they think Shannon probably gets the job.Also,Drew reps Greg Olsen (Miami TE) and I think he leaves early-Drew is telling him he's a 1st rounder...

Wow, lots of ammo to discuss here. :D

First of all, Rosenhaus is slime, and I hardly pay him any attention. I know what he knows- that Shannon may have the inside track, and Schiano is the wildcard.

Second- does Rosenslime officially represent Olsen? Oy.

Olsen is a tricky situation. He underperformed this seasaon, but so did the QB and the entire offense. He had a few Shockey-esq drops along the way. I think he definitely has potential to play in the league, but he would be a sure first rounder with another year of experience. He has good skills and I see a lot of potential, but like most of the players on the offense, he hasnt been coached up well the last couple of seasons.

But I cant fault ANY UM player for jumping this year- especially an offensive player. They will have to deal with the third OC in as many years, and after a season of seeing your coach grilled and fired, and a teamate killed, I wouldnt blame anyone for wanting to move on. OTOH, if Miami brings in a Chow, or Tedford type of coach, it might behoove the players to stick around and work on making their stock higher.

Wow, lots of ammo to discuss here. :D

First of all, Rosenhaus is slime, and I hardly pay him any attention. I know what he knows- that Shannon may have the inside track, and Schiano is the wildcard.

Second- does Rosenslime officially represent Olsen? Oy.

yea he does, also Shockey and McMichael-they're all trying to convince him he'd be a 1st rounder-he also compared him to Winslow Jr and Franks-saying he ranks right up there with MU's best TE's ever-big shoes

Archived