Playoff drive starts NOW.

JETSFAN5180

We need a WIN in Green Bay it will make us 7-5 and in the hunt.A loss will really hurt the chance of playing in the post season.Does anybody see Mangini changing the game plan and throwing the ball more downfield? We obviously dont have a pure 100 yd rushing rb.I see the DEFENSE coming up big i like Favre but he throws alot of INTS.

Why would we change it around and throw the ball deep? Stick to the method that we've been winning with, don't go trying something new right in the middle of the playoff hunt. Everyone knows we need a win. We have to stick with the running game, because most one-dimensional teams don't win. Stick to the gameplan and we should come out with the W.

I never said we were tearing up the league. Last week we didn't need a running game because our passing game was doing great. You can't rely on that play week in and week out, you have to hand the ball off and take the pressure off the quarterback. We have shown flashes of a solid running game, we're just not consistent with it.

I would love to see schottemheimer open the playbook a little and thrown it downfeild but that probably won't happen. The weather report says 30 percent snow so I say we just run the ball all day especially with houston back.

The Packers secondary is awful so throwing the ball downlfield would be a good idea.

I think they are only calling for snow showers so the weather shouldn't be an issue.

We'll be throwing the ball downfield................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................as soon as we have a starting QB who actually can.

This talk of running the ball is crazy.

The Packers are very good against the run. They had a rookie MLB in his first game Monday night. Barnett the starter is back this week.

The Packers have injuries at the Safeties. They are terribly bad. Throwing deep will work as it is the worst part of the Packer team. There may be a couple of drive stopping incompletions but throwing the ball will work.

Running won't.

This talk of running the ball is crazy.

The Packers are very good against the run. They had a rookie MLB in his first game Monday night. Barnett the starter is back this week.

The Packers have injuries at the Safeties. They are terribly bad. Throwing deep will work as it is the worst part of the Packer team. There may be a couple of drive stopping incompletions but throwing the ball will work.

Running won't.

As long as Penny gets time to throw Coles & Crotch should have big days catching the ball.

The Packers secondary is hopeless.

Why would we change it around and throw the ball deep? Stick to the method that we've been winning with, don't go trying something new right in the middle of the playoff hunt. Everyone knows we need a win. We have to stick with the running game, because most one-dimensional teams don't win. Stick to the gameplan and we should come out with the W.

yea good point w.e.-you know the old adage-you gotta be able to run the ball in December and January

As long as Penny gets time to throw Coles & Crotch should have big days catching the ball.

The Packers secondary is hopeless.

Their corners also arent afraid to take risks, they could take back some of Penningtons sideline floaters for TDs.

Whats the weather for this game? Snow w/some wind? Bad for Jets if thats so.

Go back to bed Barton.

Christ, you chadinettes are pathetic. Jeez.

I asked what the weather conditions were, and I get told to go back to bed. Truth hurts, but Pennington cant throw the ball in snowy/windy conditions, he never has, and never will.

You guys should learn to root for the team, and not throw every player and coach under the bus for the sake of Chad Pennington. Its pathetic, you guys act like Pennington saved your dog from a burning fire.

Christ, you chadinettes are pathetic. Jeez.

I asked what the weather conditions were, and I get told to go back to bed. Truth hurts, but Pennington cant throw the ball in snowy/windy conditions, he never has, and never will.

You guys should learn to root for the team, and not throw every player and coach under the bus for the sake of Chad Pennington. Its pathetic, you guys act like Pennington saved your dog from a burning fire.

Who mentioned Pennington? That's right you did.

You put your chesse head on while the rest of us root for a win today.

You put your chesse head on while the rest of us root for a win today.

Why does me mentioning our QB on a "playoff drive starts NOW" thread, make you so mad? Jeez, chadinettes are alittle touchy today. Even they know Chad doesnt put up points on snowy windy games.

I am rooting for the Jets 100% the rest of the way. Pennington will definetly sh#t the bed before the season is over so I have no worrys. He's just not capable of winning a SB for us.

Why does me mentioning our QB on a "playoff drive starts NOW" thread, make you so mad? Jeez, chadinettes are alittle touchy today. Even they know Chad doesnt put up points on snowy windy games.

I am rooting for the Jets 100% the rest of the way. Pennington will definetly sh#t the bed before the season is over so I have no worrys. He's just not capable of winning a SB for us.

2 weeks ago you were rooting we didn't make the play-offs....no??

This has nothing to do with the QB......Jets fans could care less who is behind center as long as we win.......how bout you?

He's still our QB, isnt he? Christ, I think we might need him if we make the playoffs, no? touchy touchy

Oh and I didnt mention him first, you touchy chadinette.....

(That is mentioning Chad w/o saying his name FYI)

I would love to see schottemheimer open the playbook a little and thrown it downfeild but that probably won't happen. The weather report says 30 percent snow so I say we just run the ball all day especially with houston back.

We'll be throwing the ball downfield................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................as soon as we have a starting QB who actually can.

Wow, you could not have been more wrong, touchy Chadinette you!

2 weeks ago you were rooting we didn't make the play-offs....no??

This has nothing to do with the QB......Jets fans could care less who is behind center as long as we win.......how bout you?

I said I worried about whether we will stick with Chad in 2007 if we do make the playoffs. I dont think we will make the playoffs, so we'll see. But I am rooting for them to make the playoffs. But once we lose in the playoffs, and we stick with chad in 2007, then I will view it as a disaster like I stated it potentially could be in my "shoot me" thread.

I could careless who is behind center as long as we win......A SUPERBOWL.

I am not blind enough to still think Chad can be that man behind center, thats the difference between you and me on this issue. I see his failures and weaknesses, you do not. I also see how his failures and weaknesses are far too strong to overcome.

I can beat this subject all day long, but we wont win a SB with him. We dont play in a dome, you know.

the fatman post is about bad weather...not so much chad...:Typotux:

Ugh, no, its not.

Originally Posted by fatman viewpost.gif

Who do you think fatman is talking about to throw the ball down field? 20 reverse passes for Brad Smith? Yeah, I think he's talking about Chad "throwing the ball downfield but that probably wont happen"

Gee, I wonder why? BECAUSE HE DOESNT HAVE THE ARM FOR IT!

I said I worried about whether we will stick with Chad in 2007 if we do make the playoffs. I dont think we will make the playoffs, so we'll see. But I am rooting for them to make the playoffs. But once we lose in the playoffs, and we stick with chad in 2007, then I will view it as a disaster like I stated it potentially could be in my "shoot me" thread.

I could careless who is behind center as long as we win......A SUPERBOWL.

I am not blind enough to still think Chad can be that man behind center, thats the difference between you and me on this issue. I see his failures and weaknesses, you do not. I also see how his failures and weaknesses are far too strong to overcome.

I can beat this subject all day long, but we wont win a SB with him. We dont play in a dome, you know.

Actually what you said was:

That exactly what will happen, which is why I do not want the Jets to go 9-7. That might be too good of a record for Mangini to risk putting in Clemens in 07'.

7-9 is what we need to do, 8-8 is what we will end up going if I would bet on it. 8-8 = Clemens in 2007 I would guess, but its still risky, I dont know.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

You need to let it go Barton.

QB situation will work itself out under Mangini. He has shown us nothing that say's he won't do whati s best at every position. QB will be no exception.

Actually what you said was:

That exactly what will happen, which is why I do not want the Jets to go 9-7. That might be too good of a record for Mangini to risk putting in Clemens in 07'.

7-9 is what we need to do, 8-8 is what we will end up going if I would bet on it. 8-8 = Clemens in 2007 I would guess, but its still risky, I dont know.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

You need to let it go Barton.

QB situation will work itself out under Mangini. He has shown us nothing that say's he won't do whati s best at every position. QB will be no exception.

Sure, it will work itself out by 2008. But 2007 could be a complete waste if we stick with Chad, thats what I am afraid of.

So we go 9-7, or make the playoffs this year. We lose in the playoffs.

Then, Mangini sticks to Chads hip for 2007, Jets go 7-9 or 9-7 based on a tuffer schedule.

2008, Mangini maybe goes with Clemens.

This is a scary scary scenario. If Mangini doesnt play his cards right, he would be out looking for another job.

7-9 would merit Mangini to put in Clemens in 2007, thats more than logical.

I see Mangini experimenting with Clemens sooner than you think. He has no loyalty to Chad or anyone else on this team. Look what happened last week Chad goes out 1 play he brings in Ramsey and he throws the ball downfield.Herm would have called for a handoff. Todays game will determine how much longer Chad Pennington is the starting QB of this team.

I rooted for the Jets when Joe Namath would get hurt and our QB was Al Woodall-last year Brooks Bollinger was our QB and I still rooted.It's not about who is at the helm as much as who is the TEAM he's leading-for me anyway.Hey will Chad ever win a super bowl?who knows maybe he does and maybe he doesn't regardless one thing won't ever change-I'll root hard for MY team no matter who is on it or leading it or coaching it or owning it.We have NO SAY in who our QB is going to be-so it comes down to what kind of fan you are-I know what kind of fan I am---a Jets TEAM fan

Archived